Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • easy
    • By easy 9th Jul 19, 8:33 PM
    • 2,338Posts
    • 2,748Thanks
    Filling in PIP form on computer
    • #1
    • 9th Jul 19, 8:33 PM
    Filling in PIP form on computer 9th Jul 19 at 8:33 PM
    Hi everyone.
    well my brown envelope arrived "inviting" me to apply for PIP because they are stopping my DLA.

    As my handwriting is chuffing awful (because my hands don't work properly) I want a version I can type into instead. I seem to recall there was a link on here some time ago, but I can't find it now.
    Please could someone point me in the right direction?

    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Jul 19, 11:10 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 5,575 Thanks
    • #2
    • 9th Jul 19, 11:10 PM
    • #2
    • 9th Jul 19, 11:10 PM
    To apply for PIP now that your DLA is ending you have to call the number on the letter telling them that you want to apply for PIP and giving them the info they ask for I seem to remember mine was a 15 minute conversation, they will then send you the forms for PIP. I'm almost certain you can't do this online, the best I can suggest is that you get a friend to fill them out for you.
    Use the time it takes to gather any evidence you have, and make sure you copy the forms before you send them back (at least 10 days before the due date)
    And do expect to have a face to face assessment.
    Good luck
    For the many NOT the few
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Jul 19, 8:21 AM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 5,671 Thanks
    • #3
    • 10th Jul 19, 8:21 AM
    • #3
    • 10th Jul 19, 8:21 AM
    There's no PIP2 form available to fill in online because all claims have a unique code which identifies the claimant. You could be thinking of the ESA work capability assessment form.

    There's a PDF sample form available that you could use to know what questions are on the form. Maybe type out your answers and then ask someone to fill out the form for you.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 11th Jul 19, 9:10 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 3,957 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • #4
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:10 PM
    • #4
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:10 PM
    As poppy suggested type your answers out on additional sheets:
    - refer to the question number;
    - put your name and NI no. on each sheet;
    - write 'see attached sheets' on the question box on the form;
    - attach sheets firmly to the PIP2 form.

    It also helps you get a more consistent picture, and is more easily edited / amended than writing directly on the form.

    Can a family member / friend fill in the other pages (medical details, etc) for you?

    Or get an appointment at your local CAB / advice centre.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 12th Jul 19, 1:26 AM
    • 16,556 Posts
    • 31,879 Thanks
    • #5
    • 12th Jul 19, 1:26 AM
    • #5
    • 12th Jul 19, 1:26 AM
    Agree with the above advice - a sort of get around for much of the 'meat' of the form by referring to attached sheets which are electronically constructed and printed. I still find it scandalous that this cannot be completed electronically when by definition many will struggle to complete the form by hand. Because I no longer am working or doing much away from a computer I wasn't aware at all just how bad my OCD manifests in handwriting until they sent me this form 3 years ago. It reminded me of the problems I had with bank when they would query why my cheques were never being presented and I was wanting more cheques. I was binning them due to my handwriting and signature not looking right.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 12-07-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • gbhxu
    • By gbhxu 12th Jul 19, 8:45 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    • #6
    • 12th Jul 19, 8:45 PM
    • #6
    • 12th Jul 19, 8:45 PM
    This is what I do.

    I type up my answers and then print them out onto A4 stickers.

    I just them cut them out and stick onto the PIP2 form.

    A little bit of trial and error is needed to get right sized font and get body of text the right size for the box you've got.

    It's worth it in the end
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 18th Jul 19, 12:27 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    • #7
    • 18th Jul 19, 12:27 AM
    Typing PIP form
    • #7
    • 18th Jul 19, 12:27 AM
    You can get someone like CAB to help you.

    I typed up all the extra information - this was after someone helped e to complete the form. I expanded in extra information for each of the sections to make sure it was fully covered with all the information I needed to send, as I know they ask for minimal information so they can give you a lower award!
    • Cyclamen
    • By Cyclamen 18th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    • 482 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    • #8
    • 18th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    • #8
    • 18th Jul 19, 8:42 AM
    I struggle with writing too.

    we have printed small sticky labels (avery ones) that say .."please see attached sheet page number " and these go in the boxes with the page number added

    everything is typed with clear question numbers and lines between answers... the pages are numbered with my name DOB and NI number .. it all gets whole punched and tied together with string/treasury tag

    I did this years ago and just edit and update for each renewal and its a lot easier that way.. although i believe they ahve changed renewal forms now
    • cantcope
    • By cantcope 19th Jul 19, 10:53 PM
    • 1,774 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    • #9
    • 19th Jul 19, 10:53 PM
    • #9
    • 19th Jul 19, 10:53 PM
    All i wrote on the actual form for my answers to the descriptor questions was "please see attached sheet no #" i put the descriptor number at the top with my name and NI number.
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006 Debt free 25th Feb 2008 Living "my" dream
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 21st Jul 19, 12:11 PM
    • 9,688 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    claim to be able to help
    I discovered this department - purely by accident a couple of years ago
    This was their reply to my question.:

    "I have now been advised that you that you will be able to complete both forms on your computer and either type or hand sign your signature.
    We will require you to ‘sign’ a disclaimer stating you are aware of the security risks with sending personal information over the Internet.
    Please can you reply with your full name and address and NI number if you wish to continue with this process"
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 1st Aug 19, 3:49 PM
    • 9,688 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    "We are able to provide a fully accessible form for Personal Independence Payment that will allow you to type or use 'Dragon' to complete it.

    Initially you would need to call the new claims line on 0800 917 2222 to register your claim for PIP and to give some basic information. They should also ask you if you require your correspondence in a particular format. You should let them know that you require forms by email."

    This doesn't really help me - since my speech is not up to making the initial phone call - but at least, I will be able to fill in the form !
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 21st Aug 19, 11:16 AM
    • 9,688 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    More from
    re a non speaker applying for PIP :
    "We have a number of options. If you are able to speak briefly on the phone then you can call the new claims line and give authority for another person to speak on your behalf. Alternatively If you reply with your name and address details we can issue a paper version of the initial application form if you or someone else can complete it for you. Finally we would be able to email the initial application form to you if you provide your name and address details to us. We also have visiting officers who can come out to you to assist with this process, but it would be helpful if you could give me more details about why you are unable to follow our standard process for example you say you are a non writer, is this because you did not learn to write or that you are unable to use your hands to write. You say you are unable to speak on the phone, would you be able to speak with someone face to face or are you unable to speak at all (sorry to ask all these questions but it helps me determine the best way we can help you in this process)."
    WW3 is coming - it's been almost 75 years since the last one - the next one will be FAR worse !
    So what's a few squabbles between politicians ??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,232Users online

Martin's Twitter