Student Loan Plan 1 if reached threshold?

Hi all
I have been informed that because I reached the threshold (£18300 2018/19) I am not entitled to any refund or for any year where I may have earned over threshold. This has been explained because student loan company calculate repayments month to month - and I am paid monthly. My employer have change payroll company which has caused pay issues month to month resulting in wage overpayments some months and underpaymets some months. Is it right that I have overpaid student loan and because my yearly earnings have exceed that threshold I amtherefore not entitled to a refund? This seems unfair as HMRC would refund any overpaid tax and the threshold amounts are set each year for a reason?
:wave::wave::wave:.

Is this fair by student loan plan 1 system 4 votes

Yes
100% 4 votes
No
0% 0 votes
Don't know
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dogshampoo wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have been informed that because I reached the threshold (£18300 2018/19) I am not entitled to any refund or for any year where I may have earned over threshold. This has been explained because student loan company calculate repayments month to month - and I am paid monthly. My employer have change payroll company which has caused pay issues month to month resulting in wage overpayments some months and underpaymets some months. Is it right that I have overpaid student loan and because my yearly earnings have exceed that threshold I amtherefore not entitled to a refund? This seems unfair as HMRC would refund any overpaid tax and the threshold amounts are set each year for a reason?
    :wave::wave::wave:.

The thresholds apply to pay periods (normally monthly).

You can only get a refund of any repayments if you earned under the annual threshold - which you didn't. That's the rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure