Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • user death imminent
    • By user death imminent 21st Feb 19, 12:24 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    user death imminent
    Neighbours not interested in fixing leak on shared supply
    • 21st Feb 19, 12:24 PM
    Neighbours not interested in fixing leak on shared supply 21st Feb 19 at 12:24 PM
    Hi folks. I recently bought a house and have discovered that there is a leak affecting a shared supply to six houses including mine. This has apparently been ongoing since January 2018. Homeserve won't touch it unless the leak is found to be on my property, but Anglian Water haven't done any investigative work to find out where the leak is. Legally the homeowners have shared responsibility. Most are landlords. Our water bills are not being affected as the water meter is under the sink, so beyond the leak. So that leads to a lack of interest in getting it fixed. Ultimately Anglian Water could go in and dig up the road and then legally charge the lot of us. They might be able to arrange a gas test to work out roughly where the leak is, but even this may not determine the exact responsibility.

Soooooo...has anyone had experience like this? I'm keen to get it resolved but if the others won't budge what then?

Any stories most welcome!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,659Posts Today

7,913Users online

Martin's Twitter