Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ManchesterMan1
    • By ManchesterMan1 7th Feb 19, 12:46 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ManchesterMan1
    Water Deregulation - Small Businesses
    • 7th Feb 19, 12:46 PM
    Water Deregulation - Small Businesses 7th Feb 19 at 12:46 PM
    Not sure if I'm allowed to ask for advice for a small business here or whether you only cover domestic. so please delete if not allowed.

I understand from 2017, water is now partially deregulated, and a small business can now switch water suppliers just like everyone can switch gas and electricity? (but domestic users still can't switch). Is this true?

If so, my next question is, is it worth looking at switching water supplier?
    Our existing water supplier is offering some discount if we sign to a 12 month contract with them, but should we shop around first?

Our existing supplier also say it's not worth shopping around, as at present the suppliers are restricted to a very small margin between the wholesale buying price and retail selling price, so no other supplier can offer any better price.

Any advice welcome
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 7th Feb 19, 8:20 PM
    • 27,999 Posts
    • 13,849 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 7th Feb 19, 8:20 PM
    • 7th Feb 19, 8:20 PM
    Welcome to the forum.

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/regulated-companies/markets/business-retail-market/

I have heard that the savings are marginal for small businesses - but why not contact other companies with your details and check?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,973Users online

Martin's Twitter