Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emmac1
    • By emmac1 11th Dec 18, 4:53 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    emmac1
    Oneselect ceased trading
    • 11th Dec 18, 4:53 PM
    Oneselect ceased trading 11th Dec 18 at 4:53 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I have been with Oneselect for a while and wanted to reduce my DD as my account is £75 in credit, so emailed customer services last week, with no reply. Having sent another email today, I received an email from Ofgem, saying Oneselect has ceased trading and Ofgem will appoint another service provider.
    Was anyone else aware of this?
    Could someone please advise me what to do?
    Many thanks
Page 3
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 19th Dec 18, 12:48 PM
    • 5,760 Posts
    • 2,582 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Wonder if the issue lies with the email hosting companies -are they rejecting the details emails as SPAM because they were all sent together??
    • Osteogolf
    • By Osteogolf 19th Dec 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Osteogolf
    Iíve been a OneSelect customer since January and got the email last week saying that Together Energy had taken over. I received another email yesterday informing me of the new tariff rates. My gas prices have risen by 45% and electricity by 30%!! Talk about EXPLOITATION. There seems to be nothing I can do about this until Together have set up my account with them. I accept that OneSelect prices were very low but to come in and raise prices to this extent is totally unacceptable, especially as the customers had no say in the process. Ironically, virtually all OneSelect customers will be savvy people who donít like being ripped off and thus, look around for a good deal. Here we are now with pants down and bent over by Together Energy. I will be moving to another supplier ASAP and avoiding little known companies from now on.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 19th Dec 18, 1:26 PM
    • 5,760 Posts
    • 2,582 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Iíve been a OneSelect customer since January and got the email last week saying that Together Energy had taken over. I received another email yesterday informing me of the new tariff rates. My gas prices have risen by 45% and electricity by 30%!! Talk about EXPLOITATION. There seems to be nothing I can do about this until Together have set up my account with them. I accept that OneSelect prices were very low but to come in and raise prices to this extent is totally unacceptable, especially as the customers had no say in the process. Ironically, virtually all OneSelect customers will be savvy people who donít like being ripped off and thus, look around for a good deal. Here we are now with pants down and bent over by Together Energy. I will be moving to another supplier ASAP and avoiding little known companies from now on.
    Originally posted by Osteogolf

But you have had the benefit of very low (=unsustainable) prices for nearly 12 months That's why I chase the best deals - even a couple of months saves money!
    • masonic
    • By masonic 19th Dec 18, 5:48 PM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 10,012 Thanks
    masonic
    I will be moving to another supplier ASAP and avoiding little known companies from now on.
    You might find the better known companies are even more expensive than this new Together Energy tariff. I certainly did.
  • archived user
    I accept that OneSelect prices were very low but to come in and raise prices to this extent is totally unacceptable, especially as the customers had no say in the process. Ironically, virtually all OneSelect customers will be savvy people who donít like being ripped off and thus, look around for a good deal.
    Ofgem appoints a SoLR via an auction process. The SoLR has to have the ability to cope with an unexpected influx of customers and the financial means to purchase enough energy to provide supply. They can if they wish just offer new customers their SVT.

Life is never fair. My simple view is that if I chose a supplier and it goes bust, then I have to accept my share of the blame for what turned out to be a poor decision. The cost of failure - in real terms - is possibly a few £s in additional cost, and a bit of hassle. I sense that people look at say a £70 a month cost and forget that the previous tariff cost was £65.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 19th Dec 18, 10:51 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    I want to follow this thread as i too am a current one select customer? did anyone know the company was in trouble before? I am concerned with the new change in company.
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • Legendino
    • By Legendino 20th Dec 18, 7:48 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Legendino
    OneSelectís Dutch sister company ceased trading in october Ď. I wondered then if OneSelect would follow ? I am not allowed to post the link ? You will find the info if you google it.
  • archived user
    I want to follow this thread as i too am a current one select customer? did anyone know the company was in trouble before? I am concerned with the new change in company.
    Originally posted by trinidadone
    There is no new change in company. Ofgem has moved your account to its appointed supplier. You have two options: stay with the new supplier and agree the tariff on offer or another one of its tariffs, or switch away to another supplier/tariff.

Industry watchers will not signal the potential demise of a supplier as they could be sued if 000s of customers ditched and switched as a result. That said, there are signs when a supplier is struggling such as frequent tariff changes; unexplained increases in DD payments; customer switches being blocked when there is a debit balance; arguments over whether a tariff is fixed or variable; failure to pay ECO payments and so on. The media will though report facts such as one supplier calling in KPMG to help it re-structure its business.
    • Atomicsnail
    • By Atomicsnail 20th Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Atomicsnail
    Just to add to this. I've not received anything about the tariff that I'll be put on. Even after sending an email requesting the information. Then today I get an email saying about change of payment processor. Then just now I've had 2 emails for someone I've never heard of, telling me who they bank with, their sort code and part of their account number, along with their direct debit amount and when it will be taken. I know I can't do much with these details but surely this is incompetence of high order!! Who has my details???
  • archived user
    Just to add to this. I've not received anything about the tariff that I'll be put on. Even after sending an email requesting the information. Then today I get an email saying about change of payment processor. Then just now I've had 2 emails for someone I've never heard of, telling me who they bank with, their sort code and part of their account number, along with their direct debit amount and when it will be taken. I know I can't do much with these details but surely this is incompetence of high order!! Who has my details???
    Originally posted by Atomicsnail
    I cannot comment on your situation, but when GBEnergy folded the SoLR was given all the account information from the failed supplierís system. In truth, nothing in reality happened, as the SoLR took on some of the failed supplierís team and then continued to run things under the Coopís direction from their old office in Preston. I believe that the recently failed Spark Energy will continue to trade as Spark Energy from its old business premises under the direction of the SoLR - Together Energy.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Dec 18, 9:31 PM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,892 Thanks
    antrobus
    The SOLR for Spark was Ovo.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Dec 18, 9:39 PM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,892 Thanks
    antrobus
    I've had an email informing me of the tariff, but nothing at all regarding meter readings or DDs.

Oneselect should have everybody's details. I believe that Together have taken over all their staff. Somebody must know what SQL query to run.
  • archived user
    The SOLR for Spark was Ovo.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    You are correct. With 9 failures so far this year, it is getting hard to keep up - and I am old
    • tori.k
    • By tori.k 20th Dec 18, 10:06 PM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 9,454 Thanks
    tori.k
    Probably me if your called Michelle I've also had Direct Debit Emails for someone else so looks like there has been a serious mess up somewhere.
    im just hoping the accounts get set up pretty swiftly so I can shift the account back to one of the big 6 the savings just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
    • Atomicsnail
    • By Atomicsnail 20th Dec 18, 10:21 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Atomicsnail
    Probably me if your called Michelle I've also had Direct Debit Emails for someone else so looks like there has been a serious mess up somewhere.
    im just hoping the accounts get set up pretty swiftly so I can shift the account back to one of the big 6 the savings just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
    Originally posted by tori.k
    I'm not Michelle, the details I have are for Leah.
    Could take a long time to set up if all the details are screwed up.
    I did email accounts, but no reply yet.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 20th Dec 18, 10:32 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    I received two emails today from Together Energy, informing me, my monthly Direct Debit would raise to £89.00 a month starting on 28th December and telling me my TSB account would be deleted. The DD information gave me the end numbers of the account number and was addressed to Mubeen Haider. I telephoned the energy company, and complained I had received someone else DD details, The company took ages to answer, and apologized. When I informed them i wanted to raise this as a complaint, I was advised i could not right now, as my details had not been passed onto the company. Not impressed so far
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Dec 18, 11:40 PM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,892 Thanks
    antrobus
    Oh good grief!

Looks like they don't have anyone who can run a SQL query if they've messed up those DD emails.

Together seem to be prioritising getting the cash in and are doing things the wrong way round. First you migrate the accounts, then you set up the DDs.

I can see Together being overwhelmed by complaints.
    • tori.k
    • By tori.k 21st Dec 18, 12:43 AM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 9,454 Thanks
    tori.k
    They must be working late as I just had a Sorry for the Data privacy breach Email, I bet they are sorry if I recall rightly they run the risk of a massive fine for doing stuff like this.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 21st Dec 18, 5:36 AM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 10,012 Thanks
    masonic
    I've also received the apology email. The details disclosed were my full name, bank name, sort code, last two digits of account number and direct debit amount + date.

It's very disappointing that this happened as a basic check could have revealed the email addresses did not correspond to the customer name. They have those details correctly married up as they used them to send the earlier emails.

At least the impact should be fairly minimal, with the details having been disclosed to only one other customer, and limited to the above information. I didn't receive an email with another customers details.
    Last edited by masonic; 21-12-2018 at 5:40 AM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 21st Dec 18, 8:18 AM
    • 5,760 Posts
    • 2,582 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Haven't rec'd anything re DDs - either with or without someone else's bank info!

I wonder if I haven't had the issue because I cancelled my DD @ the Bank as soon as I knew One Select had gone to the wall?
    Still not prepared to let them set up a DD UNTIL they give me an account number/reference!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

42Posts Today

2,876Users online

Martin's Twitter