Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Capt_stig wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for all these reviews.
    Pure Planet looks like it will be a good deal for me in the future, especially given competitive pricing and green credentials. It looks like a decent business model and I can easily understand the pricing model, although I agree that the ability to average payments over the year would be beneficial to many - maybe something to consider once people have a years 'membership' and have a history that can be assessed.

However there do seem to be some growing pains highlighted in the reviews - I'll stick with current supplier for one more fixed year deal and then strongly consider for next year if these technical issues seem to be resolved.

Fair play to Marc though - for a company that people are complaining about the lack of customer service of he does seem to put the work in.

Aw, thanks @Capt_stig :A
    That was a nice thing for me to read on a Monday
    I'm looking forward to (hopefully) welcoming you to Pure Planet next year!
    Please don't give up on renewables

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • So took the plunge and signed up. Switching in progress....will update with any good/ bad or ugly :)
  • garfield23
    Options
    The only way to communicate with Pure Planet is via their phone app; and after being with them for several months, I've never once been able to access the "send meter reading" facility on the app! Tried deleting and reloading the app, and all the other suggestions on their community board; but I (and from entries on the board, a number of others) persistently get stuck in a login loop and never see the "send meter reading" button. May be my phone - I gather other Android phone users have had particular problems.

This has annoyed me (and others writing to the board) sufficiently that I am about to switch to another supplier, who I will hopefully be able to communicate with!:mad:
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2018 at 9:42AM
    Options
    garfield23 wrote: »
    The only way to communicate with Pure Planet is via their phone app; and after being with them for several months, I've never once been able to access the "send meter reading" facility on the app! Tried deleting and reloading the app, and all the other suggestions on their community board; but I (and from entries on the board, a number of others) persistently get stuck in a login loop and never see the "send meter reading" button. May be my phone - I gather other Android phone users have had particular problems.

This has annoyed me (and others writing to the board) sufficiently that I am about to switch to another supplier, who I will hopefully be able to communicate with!:mad:

Yes, we can see just how much it obviously has annoyed you.

On the bright side, it has made you post again on MSE after a 16month hiatus. :)
    (although , sadly you were obviously unable to hang around,m despite your return :()

Hopefully, this will mark the return of you as a regular poster on MSE. This forum really needs posteres like yourself to stay alive, especially long standing members like yourself that have been here since the 2005.

Your posts are an invaluable contribution to this site and I sincerely hope you will resume as a regular contributor here :)

You'd have thought that Britain's first app-only energy company would have all the facilities of a traditional energy supplier wouldn't you, including access to a call centre etc.
    :cool:

Then again, they also state on their website
    We don't have a call centre - no hanging on the line. Join Britain's first app only energy supplier. Save time with a digital service that's always at your fingertips. Cut your bills and your carbon footprint with our renewable energy. So pick up your mobile, download our app, and switch on.
    https://www.purepla.net/#switch-and-save

Such a shame they don't offer what they promise, eh?

:cool: :cool: :cool:
  • testfish
    Options
    I am thinking of joining Pure Planet when my current tariff with Tonik ends in Jan 2019
    Does Pure Planet currently support Smart Meters? or for example would they support the smart meters I currently have which was originally installed when with OVO?
  • testfish
    Options
    I am thinking of joining Pure Planet when my current tariff with Tonik ends in Jan 2019
    Does Pure Planet currently support Smart Meters? or for example would they support the smart meters I currently have which was originally installed when with OVO?
  • Mikey17
    Mikey17 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Having done comparisons on two sites i was already to switch from Bulb to Pure Planet with a possible saving of £150 +.
    However it says on the website that a price increase is soon very likely, good of them to be honest but has made me think twice now
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 November 2018 at 5:27PM
    Options
    Mikey17 wrote: »
    Having done comparisons on two sites i was already to switch from Bulb to Pure Planet with a possible saving of £150 +.
    However it says on the website that a price increase is soon very likely, good of them to be honest but has made me think twice now

For many, many months, MSE has been banging on about grabbing a fixed tariff (even suggesting longer than 12m), as it correctly foresaw energy prices are rising.
    Your current supplier, for example, has already increased prices three times, count them ... one, two, three,... this year alone! :eek:

It is often said "better late than never", but you may have already "missed the boat" :cool:

Having said that, this weeks MSE email has urged people to compare their energy deal
    Prices are ramping up, most people (60%) are on, frankly, crap deals and burning money.
    And the MSE CEC even have a special filter to assist you
    - The 'No price hikes comparison' (only lists fixed-rate tariffs)
  • rockingmark
    Options
    Hi PurePlanet,
    How many customers do you have so far?
    When are your prices going up next?
    When did your prices last go up
    Thanks
    Rockingmark
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    I tried to switch to PurePlanet, you sent an email saying click to add readings or meter numbers but there was nothing to click. The app also had no way to activate and I couldn't find any way to phone you. I emailed you, you took nearly 2 weeks to reply by which time I'd gone elsewhere. For the sake of £10-£15 a year, Ill just go with a company where switching works properly, there are plenty of alternatives in this price range all offering unfixed / wholesale prices / green energy.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure