PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    & arrived back to rain but had breakfast outside.
    VJsmum it's difficult to come to terms with a dementia diagnosis. DH hasn't as yet admitted that his mum has it though he knows.

1. Eating breakfast in the warmth.

2. Managed to read outside in the Sun for an hour before leaving.

3. Journey home ok and all too time. DS2 picked us up from the station.

4. House not too untidy when arrived home. DS2 bedroom very tidy!!

5. Convinced DH that didn't need to buy a takeaway but there would be good in the house to cook.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning Peeps,

I think I may have written a post, previewed it, then moved on to another thread! Lost in the ether :o

DD still upset by breakup with BF. All my attempts at practical help, sympathy or emotional support are thrown back in my face or grudgingly accepted. :mad: Very angry with now ex BF. :mad:

1. DS1 very chatty. Talking about his night out and showing me videos of the club he went to.

2. HM soup for lunch. V. Nice.

3. Made Tacos for tea. Everyone ate them.

4. Jumanji.......all the good bits are not just in the trailer. :rotfl:

5. Cleared some space on the dining room table to finish my assignment.

Need to stop prevaricating and get this assignment finished. :(

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Matchsticks holding up eyes after disturbed night, high winds, rain and some thunder / lightening - & did you have any?

Pleasures for yesterday,

Again grazing Lulu in hand, my opinionated pony didn't want to move on and showed displeasure by jumping up and down on spot, all four hooves off ground at one point and really quite impressive :rotfl:

Managed to get home before heavy rain started.

Capt S needs reading glasses, pleasure is after months of suggesting he finally went to opticians.

Used up last bits of Cropwell Bishop in cheese sauce for tuna and broccoli bake, yum.

Stuck to self imposed device ban for 90 mins before bedtime in wish to improve sleep, can't report on success due to first comment.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    1. Over the weekend, we went to IKEA and completely transformed our tiny bedroom which was previously a bit too minimalist and looked like a squat *gratuitous pic alert*. We also did similar to DD's room. As a result I have four chairs in the dining room with post-its saying 'sell' 'give' 'dump' and 'relocate. Last night I also completely decluttered our office area (I'm doing the Apartment Therapy January Cure and mission one was a drawer, but I did an area because I'm a swot!). Anyway, loving home right now. Next week we should be getting new front and back doors and next month new wooden sash windows for the front of the house. Then we can get indoors plastered and painted and refloored. Getting there, slowly.

5vgjylck795q.jpg

9va0t39glh22.jpg

2. Last night during the howling wind I felt so snuggly and content cuddled up to DH in our warm bed!

3. Spiced parsnip soup for lunch, made from bags of YS pasnips bought after Christmas.

4. Managed to sell some shelves on FB and meeting a lady today at work. £50 in the home improvement kitty and a bit more space in the home :) Also looking forward to what today's January Cure task brings!

5. A funny conversation. I was telling a colleague that I put cinnamon in my porridge as it negates the need for sugar. She misunderstood and said 'but you know there's sugar in the cinnamon one?'. When I repeated that there was no sugar in there she demanded I showed her the sachet and I had to explain I actually just weighed oats out at home from a big pack and added cinnamon and banana myself!
  • Or if you’re a rock, just plain through struggle!
    #RAF100 in 87 Days!

Oh I came from south of Lincoln, the proper place! Not some outfit from Woodhall Spa! Besides, it was the headstone everyone was after! Oh, if you’re wandering, it was the most bombed village in WWII!

Oh no, Ikea. Mes and BoPsie went to the Warrington one back inn 1988. Could not wait to get out, it was like being on a ghost train! No No No No No No No.

5 Now as you all knows about BoP’s beach ready looks, last night I packed it in again down at the gym and I mean, packed it all in. Tucks and all. After all the cake and nice things, good to see no tyres on BoP!

4 While I is on about packing it inn! You should see the lunch box today! BoP is festing on proper foods again, salad. Cake, and as they are on offer, cakes of Jaffa as well! Though caution as the packs of ten have no spare for the weekend!

3 After the gym yesterday, BoP again prepared proper food, and not stuff the Jim would serve either! Proper sardines on toast with salad. Tum was vigorously rubbed! Proper cocoa and hot buttered crumpet was also had. Yet I note in the press that snorkers are bad for you, especially if you are female, so avoid. You can then enjoy stories from BoP about his Saturday breakfast instead! Now reading the the media site BoP uses, and gets £5.40 off his weekly shop at w8rs, comments about proper foods being good for you are flowing nicely! One mentions that if he eats emporium muck, he gets asthma, yet when he has proper rashers he does not. Let that be a lesson to yous!

2 Nite BoP will be watching the gunners. As he has a penny at the maker of books, the penny will remain for Saturday. Please do not treat this as financial advice!

Tomorrow there is to be another instalment from your version of the Life of BoP!
  • Aaaaagghhhhhh I HATE HEAD COLDS!!!

1) No storm damage despite a very rumbustious night of wind and rain.

2) The sun is shining this morning, it's still wild and woolly out there but nice to look at.

3) Another big box of balsam tissues.

4) Scrambled eggs planned for lunch today, neither of us can taste or smell so scrambled yegs is comfort food to look at!

5) Having enough in to mean that other than my trip to the pharmacy we won't have to go out again until we feel better, hoorah!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We don't mind IKEA. Perfect place for people watching. Particularly enjoy passive aggressive couples failing at arguing with one another undetected over flimsy furniture. I find if you pick a day you have no where else to go and take it slow, it's OK. Not a fan of the furniture usually but the second hand market was yielding no joy and couldn't find another source of affordable wall lamps. It'll do for now.

In other news, five more things freecycled. Have made a list of everything going as our door will be busy tonight - bet dinner is interrupted multiple times. A few people emailed asking for everything - who needs 2 calendars, digital scales, crafting fabric, a printer/scanner, adult colouring books and build-a-bears? I do worry sometimes that I'm just enabling out-of-control hoarders...
  • MandM90 wrote: »
    1. Over the weekend, we went to IKEA and completely transformed our tiny bedroom which was previously a bit too minimalist and looked like a squat *gratuitous pic alert*. We also did similar to DD's room. As a result I have four chairs in the dining room with post-its saying 'sell' 'give' 'dump' and 'relocate. Last night I also completely decluttered our office area (I'm doing the Apartment Therapy January Cure and mission one was a drawer, but I did an area because I'm a swot!). Anyway, loving home right now. Next week we should be getting new front and back doors and next month new wooden sash windows for the front of the house. Then we can get indoors plastered and painted and refloored. Getting there, slowly.

5vgjylck795q.jpg

[IMG]https://us-noi.v-cdn.net/5020470/uploads/editor/53/9va0t39glh22.jpg[/IMG 5. A funny conversation. I was telling a colleague that I put cinnamon in my porridge as it negates the need for sugar. She misunderstood and said 'but you know there's sugar in the cinnamon one?'. When I repeated that there was no sugar in there she demanded I showed her the sachet and I had to explain I actually just weighed oats out at home from a big pack and added cinnamon and banana myself![/img]

MandM90,
    bedroom looks wonderful - especially like the wall lamps.
    There are nowt so queer as Folks!

My OS pleasures today

1. Bird feeder stand snapped in the wind BUT didn’t fly around or cause any damage. Only trouble is now need a new stand.
    2. Per above, DH has already ordered a new stand so the birdies can feed later in the week.
    3. Coconut biscuits on the cooking rack - smell delicious.
    4. Hm chilli again tonight - I had tweaked the recipe by adding brother in law’s home grown chillis so it had a bit of a kick which will get better with age!
    5. Last of the hm bread to be grated for breadcrumbs - so much nicer than shop bought.

Good vibes and hugs to everyone especially those who have not had a great start to 2018

Mrs SD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sending my kindest thoughts to PK , VJsmum and hope you feel better soon Mrs LW

For today : a day of much wettage! Every time I've been out its been pouring.

Up early , bathed and then dozed off again! Waaaah!

Dropped our last Australian off at bus stop. Lovely to have them but also lovely to be just us again.

Dog walk in the lashing rain with his older lady friend.

Was reading for a bit when mum called so had to take her to hospital, I think we got one of the last parking spaces. When we came out it was lashing and I mean lashing! I have never driven in rain that heavy, streets were flooding, visibility was shocking and then we got to our end of town and it was just normal rain!

Popped into tesco and just spent £3.99...please be impressed by my restraint! I'd added up what I'd spent in last 12 weeks in there and it's shocking! With only a microwave , a toaster and 2 sets of cheap cutlery to show for it!

For tea I made THE most delicious pasta. Using up prosciutto, salami, a red onion, some mushrooms, peas, a bit of garlic , some pepper and cream, a whole lot of love and ripped some smoked cheese on top. Fabulous!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Had a scrumptious afternoon with KW yesterday :) He really does make my heart sing!

2. For once, we had a leisurely get up this morning and managed to have posh coffee and breakfast without feeling guilty about time.

3. Dropped him at work on my way to school - Inset day.

4. Lovely mindfulness session, started off feeling really angry and tearful but by the end, I was much calmer and happier. Going to do some serious prayers before school each morning!

5. NSD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure