Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    Clearscore
    • 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    Clearscore 7th Sep 15 at 12:50 PM
    This is the discussion area for the new free credit score and report website

See our credit score guide too.

Please let us know what you think below.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-01-2016 at 2:41 PM.
Page 3
    • thedean
    • By thedean 16th Sep 15, 12:19 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    thedean
    They can't find me!
    When I tried the result was:
    "Unfortunately we haven't managed to find a credit report for you or one with enough detail to generate the security questions we need to validate your identity. This can happen when you haven't used credit much before, perhaps because you are younger, or you are new to the country and don't have a credit history or the data we hold does not offer the right information for us to authenticate you."

I'm over 50, 3 active credit cards 2 current ACs but no mortgage and have lived in the UK since birth. Lucky I don't need credit. Perhaps I better apply for a few cards.
  • ClearScore
    When I view an account and hover my pointer over a 'Payment' green blob the text 'Minimum payment' appears:

Presumably this is meant to indicate I made the minimum payment.

This is clearly wrong because I always pay the balance in full, which is significantly more than the minimum payment.
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    Hi Snow Tiger,

Thank you for using ClearScore and for getting in touch. ClearScore is a new service and we are constantly improving it. Our team is now working on the issue with the 'Minimum payment' text that you have pointed out and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Many thanks,
    Aleksandra from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 16th Sep 15, 12:56 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    rizla king
    I have membership access accounts with Experian, Equifax and Noddle but trying to join this latest scheme was a complete nightmare. There is no phone number to ring them, just an email contact. Response to emails are fairly quick and very polite but really just to say that it's nothing to do with them and it's all Equifax fault even though I have an Equifax account.
    Originally posted by AshleyH

pathetic. You couldn't make that up!
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... <----- SIGNATURE - Not part of post
    • Crouching Hippo
    • By Crouching Hippo 16th Sep 15, 1:57 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Crouching Hippo
    I found it really easy to set up and all of my information looks to be correct. The UI is plain and easy, which is what you want for something that contains this much information!

I have the same 'issues' as already listed, with the main one being the ambiguity for 'you have very few / no'. This does need to be clearer. Apart from that, I like it and I like the fact it's free as well. As it should be...
    • Firemountain
    • By Firemountain 16th Sep 15, 4:47 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Firemountain
    Can't get it to stop asking for previous addresses
    I've put in all my addresses from BIRTH..it would like to know where I lived before I was born... I'm not sure of my address in past lives so can't try it out!
    • JJ1987
    • By JJ1987 16th Sep 15, 8:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JJ1987
    not very impressed set up today and not only showing my details but also my mum who has the same first initial as me. signed up for equifax and there details were all fine
    • seasideme
    • By seasideme 16th Sep 15, 9:55 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    seasideme
    How do I know which accounts are defaulted? There doesn't appear to be a settled/satisfied/default section or I am completely missing it.
    Debt slowly coming down. DRO off credit report July 2015! credit history getting better!
  • ClearScore
    I've put in all my addresses from BIRTH..it would like to know where I lived before I was born... I'm not sure of my address in past lives so can't try it out!
    Originally posted by Firemountain
    Hi Firemountain,

I'm sorry that you've had some difficulties registering for ClearScore. The problem you're describing sounds like an issue we're aware is affecting a very small number of users. We know it's annoying, and our team is currently working on fixing it so it will be resolved before long. In the mean time it can generally be avoided by logging out and logging in again or attempting registration using a different browser. I hope that helps!

Aleksandra from ClearScore
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • redux
    • By redux 17th Sep 15, 12:12 PM
    • 19,901 Posts
    • 27,728 Thanks
    redux
    I just opened an account. There are some errors.

I opened one credit card account and closed it a week later without any use. Clearscore shows this several months different from when it actually happened. I don't suppose that matters.

Another credit card shows nothing happening since May this year. It should say up to date, no missing payments.

A closed account is shown as still open. With a high credit limit, correct as it used to be.

Another has a transaction history that is very clearly not mine. Higher spending, several missing incoming payments, balance about 3 times higher than mine. All wrong.

The previous home broadband lasts until a few months later than it should, and the current one is not shown.

I don't understand the so-called timeline at all. One detail is it says 100 cash advance. I haven't taken a cash advance on a credit card for years. Are they counting cash withdrawals on a debit card? If so it's the wrong amount.
    Last edited by redux; 17-09-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    • hackenbush55
    • By hackenbush55 18th Sep 15, 8:37 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hackenbush55
    Update on my post from 13/09; both Clearscore and Equifax have been very efficient and helpful, with good communication, and my details have now been corrected.
    • agarnett
    • By agarnett 20th Sep 15, 3:35 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    agarnett
    I have tried to raise a query with Clearscore about an incorrect association, as the report shows details for my sister-in-law, who has the same first name as me, and her husband; Equifax send emails to log in, but when trying to reset password their reply email is not being received by me. I do not want to have to set up an account with Equifax to correct an error on Clearscore. Is there any easier way to have this corrected?
    by hackenbush (13/09)
    Update on my post from 13/09; both Clearscore and Equifax have been very efficient and helpful, with good communication, and my details have now been corrected.
    Did you establish how the mistake(s) were made in the first place?

It is unlikely yours is the only record affected in this way, is it not? Or did your sis-in-law of same name (first and last names?) share an address with you at some point?

I am unclear whether you had an Equifax account prior to your Clearscore account? Looks like maybe not. But did you establish why your (recently set up?) Equifax account was behaving much as a hijacked account might (reset pw request was sending verification check email to someone else to ask for confirmation - was it sending it to Clearscore perhaps who had already created an account with Equifax on your behalf in order to siphon out your personal data?).

Are you now able to login to both Clearscore and Equifax separately?
    Last edited by agarnett; 20-09-2015 at 3:40 PM.
    • gemnomnom
    • By gemnomnom 26th Sep 15, 12:09 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    gemnomnom
    Hi all,

Quite concerned and wondering if anyone else has had the same happen to them.

I signed up for Clearscore on 24/09, and this morning in the post I received a letter from a DCA dated 24/09 about a utilities debt from over 6 years ago. This is the first I've ever heard about the debt!

Do Clearscore alert creditors when you put your current address in? Or is this a very strange coincidence?

Many thanks in advance for any help
    • luvsmoothies
    • By luvsmoothies 27th Sep 15, 11:14 AM
    • 581 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    luvsmoothies
    I did use it once, and found some incorrect information on there. When I did report this I found the next time I tried to log in, it said I had wrong password. When I used the facility to reset the password, I was still not allowed in, so I think I'll give it a miss. Maybe I shouldn't have reported the error ?
  • ClearScore
    Hi all,

Quite concerned and wondering if anyone else has had the same happen to them.

I signed up for Clearscore on 24/09, and this morning in the post I received a letter from a DCA dated 24/09 about a utilities debt from over 6 years ago. This is the first I've ever heard about the debt!

Do Clearscore alert creditors when you put your current address in? Or is this a very strange coincidence?

Many thanks in advance for any help
    Originally posted by gemnomnom
    Hi Gemonomnom,

Aleksandra from ClearScore here. Id like to clarify that ClearScore does not share your information with any third parties and we do not notify Debt Collection Agencies about your activity. When you sign up to ClearScore, you simply access your Equifax credit report and score.
    The only effect that this has is that a soft search appears on your credit report. This is not visible to anyone but you and does not affect you credit score.

Thanks,
    Aleksandra
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 29th Sep 15, 2:19 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,076 Thanks
    shortcrust
    Hi Gemonomnom,

Aleksandra from ClearScore here. I’d like to clarify that ClearScore does not share your information with any third parties and we do not notify Debt Collection Agencies about your activity. When you sign up to ClearScore, you simply access your Equifax credit report and score.
    The only effect that this has is that a soft search appears on your credit report. This is not visible to anyone but you and does not affect you credit score.

Thanks,
    Aleksandra
    Originally posted by ClearScore
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think one other possible affect is that Equifax will now have Gemonomnom's current address if they hadn't already.
    Last edited by shortcrust; 29-09-2015 at 2:23 PM.
    • luvsmoothies
    • By luvsmoothies 29th Sep 15, 5:01 PM
    • 581 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    luvsmoothies
    well lady from clearscore; what do you think to my experience ?
    • uncreative
    • By uncreative 29th Sep 15, 6:41 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    uncreative
    Hmmm.....new clearscore report issued today. Goes down to 420 from 470 last month because I have had a mortgage search. Reason for drop is "More than a few hard searches in the last year" Oh really.......
    Total Credit Used...=........9,000 / 52,700
    Mortgage..............=........138,000 , 20 Years left.
    CC cashback for this year..=........112.88 205.81 banked in 2015
    YNAB User & Mortgage Free Wannabe
    19/03/16
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 29th Sep 15, 6:55 PM
    • 3,905 Posts
    • 2,056 Thanks
    MABLE
    Clearscore and Noddle get the thumbs up from me. 500 with Clearscore and
    and 680 from Noddle 5/5.

Gives me a nice warm glow inside.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 30th Sep 15, 3:07 PM
    • 3,332 Posts
    • 2,806 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Clearscore and Noddle get the thumbs up from me. 500 with Clearscore and
    and 680 from Noddle 5/5.

Gives me a nice warm glow inside.
    Originally posted by MABLE

Come on Mable, 500 just isn't good enough, you need to aim higher!

https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/150/4/what-is-a-goodbad-credit-score
    • Double V
    • By Double V 30th Sep 15, 3:26 PM
    • 879 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    Double V
    Loving the website. Very crisp and clean.
    Report looks good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,483Posts Today

7,714Users online

Martin's Twitter