Clearscore

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chef1980uk wrote: »
    Does applying via one of the offers increase your chances of being accepted as it is tailored to you or are they loosely aimed at a wide blanket?
    I would take any offers with a pinch of salt. That's how they make their money.

By all means have a look at them but then search the market yourself. Have a look at MSE's eligibility checker too.

In any event it's all a matter of probability - nothing is guaranteed. MSE claims it uses lenders own eligibility criteria so you might lend a bit more weight to their asssessment but that's up to you.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • duff33
    Options
    Just signed up for ClearScore - very easy, and my credit score is surprisingly good. So a thumbs up for the site thus far

Does amuse me not having a credit card is considered a 'negative' though :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    duff33 wrote: »
    Does amuse me not having a credit card is considered a 'negative' though :rotfl:

If you're demonstrating responsible credit usage through other means, then you don't need to worry. But a credit card is the easiest method (and free).

CRA recommendations are a very blunt tool.
  • georgej54
    Options
    Just signed up for Clearscore, relatively simple process and it appears to be functional. Just ignore the offers though
  • HappyGuy
    HappyGuy Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've posted a thread about an issue I currently have. Does anyone who has used ClearScore have any advice on this...? Thank you.

Thread is titled "Someone else signed up to ClearScore using my credentials" which pretty much sums up my dilemma.
  • WillyWonkersMummy
    Options
    I signed up today to ClearScore and am very disappointed with my score which is 392 out of 700. Based on my criteria I believe it should be higher then this. I have no negatives of any kind against my name or my address that I am aware of. I did also sign up to CheckMyFile afterwards as I was so concerned and my credit score and history looks very healthy and accurate on there.

I would like to say I love the design of Clearscore site and believe it has some great upcoming features. It has potential I think to be very helpful and as it is a free site it could be wonderful. But it gives no indication why your score is as it is in any detail and as I have no negatives against me I can not understand why it is this low.

I will keep an eye on it but will probably use CheckMyFile for reference as I think in comparison Equifax is a ridiculous cost at £14.99 a month as is Experian.

I know there is a lot of talk on here about Credit Scores meaning not much of anything and it's all about the Credit History but still it would be nice to have an explanation as to why these companies do not match their data for the reports they create, makes it very confusing and scary for the public when using them their services, especially when they are supposed to be helping you sort out your finances not give you more to worry about.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I signed up today to ClearScore and am very disappointed with my score which is 392 out of 700. Based on my criteria I believe it should be higher then this. I have no negatives of any kind against my name or my address that I am aware of.

If you 'tap' on the Report icon, then scroll down you'll see a section titled 'Factors on your report'. It will list things that Clearscore considers to be positives and negatives.
    I will keep an eye on it but will probably use CheckMyFile for reference as I think in comparison Equifax is a ridiculous cost at £14.99 a month as is Experian.

Checkmyfile uses the same data from Equifax that Clearscore uses along with data from Callcredit, which can be viewed free via Noddle. The £8.99 a month you pay for Checkmyfile buys little more than an automated assessment of the data by a company that doesn't lend money.
  • WillyWonkersMummy
    Options
    Thank you for this tip!

I was only going to use this as a medium for the free month - not paying for it thereafter- just wanted to know what the comparison was between the 2 as they were both "free'
  • WillyWonkersMummy
    Options
    Sorry - Just checked and no negative remarks of any kind?

So unsure why the low score? :(
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I signed up today to ClearScore and am very disappointed with my score which is 392 out of 700. Based on my criteria I believe it should be higher then this. I have no negatives of any kind against my name or my address that I am aware of. I did also sign up to CheckMyFile afterwards as I was so concerned and my credit score and history looks very healthy and accurate on there.

I would like to say I love the design of Clearscore site and believe it has some great upcoming features. It has potential I think to be very helpful and as it is a free site it could be wonderful. But it gives no indication why your score is as it is in any detail and as I have no negatives against me I can not understand why it is this low.

I know there is a lot of talk on here about Credit Scores meaning not much of anything and it's all about the Credit History but still it would be nice to have an explanation as to why these companies do not match their data for the reports they create, makes it very confusing and scary for the public when using them their services, especially when they are supposed to be helping you sort out your finances not give you more to worry about.

The average score is 380, 392 doesn't seem especially low. You're presumably confused by the other scores that seem to give almost anyone 999.

As pointed out above, they do tell you what the positives and negatives are, though I'd also add that it's up to you to do a proper analysis - not an automated website. It's great for an indication, but if you use it for anything other than that then you're using it wrong.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback