Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    KatieB3
    Credit rating sites
    • 17th May 13, 10:17 PM
    Credit rating sites 17th May 13 at 10:17 PM
    I was watching Martin this evening advising on how to check your credit rating. He suggested noddle for reiewing the callcredit credit rating free. I went to the site, but as part of the registration you have to provide details of a credit card including the number expiry code AND the security code. It did not even look as if it was a secure site. Whilst they said no money would be debited from the card I was not happy about providing that level of information. Has anyone else any experience of this site?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 18th May 13, 7:17 PM
    • 35,263 Posts
    • 22,254 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 18th May 13, 7:17 PM
    • 18th May 13, 7:17 PM
    I've registered but honestly can't remember having to give the details you mention.
    • cod3
    • By cod3 19th May 13, 5:00 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 2,368 Thanks
    cod3
    • 19th May 13, 5:00 PM
    • 19th May 13, 5:00 PM
    Hi OP. I just had a look and got this too:

ID Verification

Your card details are required to verify your identity, and the card used will need to be one youíve had for more than 3 months. As your credit report contains such personal and important financial information itís essential that we only make it available to the right person.

Donít worry your card will NOT be charged at any time Ė your Noddle credit report is free for life.

Please remember, if you enter invalid details we wonít be able to match your details and provide your report.
    Think I'll give it a miss.
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 23rd May 13, 12:19 AM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    The Boss
    • 23rd May 13, 12:19 AM
    • 23rd May 13, 12:19 AM
    Perfectly legit.

Unlike Martin's shambolic love-in with Experian.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd May 13, 5:04 PM
    • 35,263 Posts
    • 22,254 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 23rd May 13, 5:04 PM
    • 23rd May 13, 5:04 PM
    Hi OP. I just had a look and got this too:

Think I'll give it a miss.
    Originally posted by cod3
    Yes I remember giving card details, no money has left my account. Its perfectly fine.
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 24th May 13, 5:29 AM
    • 8,995 Posts
    • 25,746 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    • 24th May 13, 5:29 AM
    • 24th May 13, 5:29 AM
    Yes I remember giving card details, no money has left my account. Its perfectly fine.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    I've had the same experience.

I think it's possibly to stop a number of fraudsters collecting information using one set of details, but can't be sure. The one I used was registered to the same address, but not older than 3 months.

CK
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 24th May 13, 5:33 AM
    • 39,669 Posts
    • 47,650 Thanks
    fermi
    • 24th May 13, 5:33 AM
    • 24th May 13, 5:33 AM
    www.noddle.co.uk is perfectly legit.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,029Posts Today

7,436Users online

Martin's Twitter