Credit report update?

Hi,

just a quick one re my credit report. I have previously defaulted but later satisfied account. Will this remain on my credit report for 6 years from the date of default or 6 years from the satisfied/settled date? For info there's 5.5 years between the to dates.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• fevlo
    fevlo Posts: 203
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    The default will drop off 6 years from the date it was first applied
    Sounds like its not long until it goes if there is 5.5 years from date of default and settlement :beer:

[STRIKE]DFD - 24th October 2015[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]DFD - 24th March 2015 [/STRIKE]
    DEBT FREE 24.03.15
  • emmmski
    emmmski Posts: 78
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    fevlo wrote: »
    The default will drop off 6 years from the date it was first applied
    Sounds like its not long until it goes if there is 5.5 years from date of default and settlement :beer:

No the default date is 11/4/07 so take it that should drop off fairly soon? Thanks for the reply.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    emmmski wrote: »
    No the default date is 11/4/07 so take it that should drop off fairly soon? Thanks for the reply.

Should already be gone from Experian and probably Callcredit.

May linger on Equifax for a week or three, but will be gone from there soon as well.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    That's right - we will have deleted the default from your Experian credit report on 11/4/13.

James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • Kenny_B
    Kenny_B Posts: 16 Forumite
    I have been trying to sort an issue with my credit report, I have three missed payments on one account and five missed payments on another. This was an error on the banks part and have been advised that the bank is contacting the credit agencies to have these removed.

It also mentioned that I had an account that was defaulted, I had assumed this was to do with the missed payments however looking back through my accounts on Experian, I have 5 missed payments on a HSBC account which has since been settled the last missed payment being 4 years and 6 months ago. Could this be the account that is being referred to as defaulted?

It doesnt seem to identify which account is regarded as defaulted and Experian have been no help in identifying it either.

Many thanks
  • fuelman_2
    fuelman_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    That's right - we will have deleted the default from your Experian credit report on 11/4/13.

James Jones

DONT THINK SO, We have the report to prove it.

We had to contact Experian as our default which was due to disappear on 03/03/13 was showing on the credit report nearly a week later even after being told many times its removed automatically. Only after we emailed them to complain and then we still had to wait another 10 days to receive a new report to make sure..

So dont believe them, always get your report to double check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure