Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Nine_Lives
    Noddle says lived at an address have never set foot in. How?
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:05 PM
    Noddle says lived at an address have never set foot in. How? 29th Mar 13 at 8:05 PM
    The wife has just done a noddle search.

We can understand it saying she's at an old address of hers, but it's saying she had history at an address that she's never set foot in & none of her family live at.

She lived at an address until about 2005 in Scotland. Her family then moved to a new address but she was never registered there as she moved down to England to live with us.

Listed is her address that she was in until 2005, but also this rogue address.

It says "most recent source of link: callcredit" in 2011, as well as Santander cards UK in 2006, yet the only time she ever registered with Santander was around 2010/2011.

She also apparently has a credit card against her name - Lender: Barclaycard. Updated 28-Feb-2013.
    She's not aware of this card as she thought she'd closed down all credit cards.
    How do we (she) find out details of this account?

Page 1
    • W.Ford
    • By W.Ford 29th Mar 13, 8:16 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    W.Ford
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:16 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:16 PM
    You could raise a question with noddle, they still had me down as living with an ex from 7yrs ago, I disputed it online and they resolved quickly and posted a letter out confirming their mistake.

• Nine_Lives
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:22 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:22 PM
    Raise it on both counts (the address AND the barclaycard thing?) Is there any way she can find out what this barclaycard account is other than with noddle, or will noddle have the answer?

I did a report for myself - in one section of the report, they've given me a middle initial (same as the first letter of my forename) for some reason (unless this is something they do with everyone on this section). I don't have a middle name.

I had a look at disputing it, but they want proof from a "local authority". Who do i need to go see? The police?!

• UsetheFORCE
    • By UsetheFORCE 29th Mar 13, 8:28 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    UsetheFORCE
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:28 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:28 PM
    Raise it on both counts (the address AND the barclaycard thing?) Is there any way she can find out what this barclaycard account is other than with noddle, or will noddle have the answer?

I did a report for myself - in one section of the report, they've given me a middle initial (same as the first letter of my forename) for some reason (unless this is something they do with everyone on this section). I don't have a middle name.

I had a look at disputing it, but they want proof from a "local authority". Who do i need to go see? The police?!
    Originally posted by Nine_Lives

"local authority", i.e. your council where you live... i.e. electoral roll information.
    • purple.sarah
    • By purple.sarah 29th Mar 13, 8:29 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 26,499 Thanks
    purple.sarah
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:29 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:29 PM

Couldn't you send them a copy of your birth certificate or other id showing no middle name? Check with them if that would be acceptable.
  • Nine_Lives
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:40 PM
    • 29th Mar 13, 8:40 PM
    Hmm, looking on Equifax, it just states my first & last name, but clearly omits any middle initial.

If my name was Bob for example, Noddle are saying i am Bob B Surname. Equifax are just saying i'm Bob Surname. This is on the electrol roll section.

The missus has been trying to find details of a Barclaycard card. She found an envelope with a Barclaycard PO Box address on but no account details.

• zerog
    • By zerog 30th Mar 13, 8:22 AM
    • 2,432 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    zerog
    • 30th Mar 13, 8:22 AM
    • 30th Mar 13, 8:22 AM
    Is it possible that your wife has been confused with someone who has the same name?
    • Hopelessly Hopeful
    • By Hopelessly Hopeful 30th Mar 13, 8:51 AM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 8,815 Thanks
    Hopelessly Hopeful
    • 30th Mar 13, 8:51 AM
    • 30th Mar 13, 8:51 AM
    Hi

I had an incorrect address too. I informed noddle and they corrected it very quickly.

Good luck

HHx
  • gb12345
    • 30th Mar 13, 9:05 AM
    • 30th Mar 13, 9:05 AM
    She also apparently has a credit card against her name - Lender: Barclaycard. Updated 28-Feb-2013.
    She's not aware of this card as she thought she'd closed down all credit cards.
    Did she ever have an Egg card? Egg's card business was transferred to Barclaycard in 2010/11.
    • a51_ufo
    • By a51_ufo 30th Mar 13, 9:15 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    a51_ufo
    I also had an incorrect address which they soon corrected.
  • Nine_Lives
    Is it possible that your wife has been confused with someone who has the same name?
    Originally posted by zerog
    Of course it is.

But the same name, including middle name, same DOB, living a few streets away? It's possible, but unlikely.

Regards the Barclaycard - she went into Barclays today. Apparently it was marked up (the account). It should've been closed down in 2011, but they couldn't officially close it as she was apparently 75p in credit. Got it sorted out though & the account has now been closed.

So a free credit check has earned her 75p

Noddle gives her a 4/5 rating though but i'm only 3/5. I've never had any late payments, never been overdrawn. Never anything i would consider negative, so not sure why i'm only 3/5. I've taken plenty of credit cards out over the years & always paid them off on time.

We closed our credit cards down in January as we'll be looking to buy a house this year. Read yesterday though that as far as credit ratings/scores go, this could've been a bad move..?

• only_mee
    • By only_mee 30th Mar 13, 5:02 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 2,518 Thanks
    only_mee

We closed our credit cards down in January as we'll be looking to buy a house this year. Read yesterday though that as far as credit ratings/scores go, this could've been a bad move..?
    Yes it can be always buy something then pay it off before the interest is due, keeps you getting the nice greens on the credit file.
  • Nine_Lives
    Would it be such a bad idea for us to open up a card each & operate in this way then?

Then again, it'd just be me i suppose. She's 4/5 but i'm only 3/5. I could do with getting up into the top end 1/4s really, but not sure how.

• only_mee
    • By only_mee 30th Mar 13, 7:43 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 2,518 Thanks
    only_mee
    No, be a great idea.
  • Nine_Lives
    Thanks. Not that i don't believe you or anything, but i think i'll throw it out there on the house buying forum as someone may have been in the same position & could speak from 1st hand experience?

• zerog
    • By zerog 31st Mar 13, 9:22 AM
    • 2,432 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    zerog
    Would it be such a bad idea for us to open up a card each & operate in this way then?

Then again, it'd just be me i suppose. She's 4/5 but i'm only 3/5. I could do with getting up into the top end 1/4s really, but not sure how.
    Noddle's rating means nothing as mortgage lenders don't run Noddle.

Opening a credit card looks bad as it might be perceived as a recent shortage of money. Having a card opened and used properly for a while looks good as it shows you are a responsible borrower.
    • udydudy
    • By udydudy 31st Mar 13, 10:13 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    udydudy
    Of course it is.

But the same name, including middle name, same DOB, living a few streets away? It's possible, but unlikely.

Noddle gives her a 4/5 rating though but i'm only 3/5. I've never had any late payments, never been overdrawn. Never anything i would consider negative, so not sure why i'm only 3/5. I've taken plenty of credit cards out over the years & always paid them off on time.

I would suggest opening atleast one or two credit cards but only if you still have 6 months left to buy your house. too many credit searches in previous 6 month period may affect your mortgage application.

Having credit cards/loans do not really affect your mortgage application as long as they have a history to see you are always paying on time and also the amount paid out is not a major portion of your monthly outflow due to the affordability test criteria.

I took a personal loan before we took out our mortgage(8 months prior) and between me and OH, we had 7 credit cards with my cards 5 figure limits and still had no problems as we met the affordability criteria.

of course we also had the explanation that we did not want to break our ISAs to pay the deposit, which helped as they could see that we were able to save both our cash ISA allowance amount on a yearly basis.

It says "most recent source of link: callcredit" in 2011, as well as Santander cards UK in 2006, yet the only time she ever registered with Santander was around 2010/2011.
    you managed the barclaycard entry on the credit report, did you see hat the santander entry was all about??
  • Nine_Lives
    you managed the barclaycard entry on the credit report, did you see hat the santander entry was all about??
    Originally posted by udydudy
    Thanks for reminding us. We've been focused on the Barclaycard & rating out of 5 that we'd forgotten about that.

No we haven't. The wife says the only time she'd ever had anything to do with Santander is around 2010 when we started using them for ISAs & then later the Preferred Current Account at 5%.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,160Users online

Martin's Twitter