Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elusive
    • By elusive 27th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 1Thanks
    elusive
    noddle credit score
    • 27th Jan 13, 2:02 PM
    noddle credit score 27th Jan 13 at 2:02 PM
    hi is this a correct credit score.. using noodle received email saying they can improve your credit score if you sign up paying a fee every month..
Page 1
    • Hazzinho
    • By Hazzinho 27th Jan 13, 2:09 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Hazzinho
    • 27th Jan 13, 2:09 PM
    • 27th Jan 13, 2:09 PM
    Credit scores mean very little as they don't take wages into account, banks have their own criteria. Just make sure the information that is displayed is accurate and that you're on the electoral roll.
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 27th Jan 13, 2:42 PM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy
    • 27th Jan 13, 2:42 PM
    • 27th Jan 13, 2:42 PM
    Sounds like an odd email to have come from noddle. Paying to see your credit score won't improve your credit file at all.

Noddle offer free access to your credit report - thats the raw data on your report, which is what any potential lender sees - they do not see a 'score').

In terms of whether it is correct - the noddle credit report is correct for any items that are reported to noddle. But not all creditors report to all 3 of the agencies. To get a true picture of what is on your credit reports and so what any potential lender may see then you would need to get a copy of your report from all 3 agencies (experian, equifax and noddle which is callcredit).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
    • TheGenerus1
    • By TheGenerus1 27th Jan 13, 4:05 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    TheGenerus1
    • 27th Jan 13, 4:05 PM
    • 27th Jan 13, 4:05 PM
    hi is this a correct credit score.. using noodle received email saying they can improve your credit score if you sign up paying a fee every month..
    Originally posted by elusive
    I believe that fee that Noddle charge will tell you what areas of your report need improving i.e you have too many active accounts, you have no settled non mail order accounts etc.

It is then upto you to try and sort these areas out, not Noddle.
    • zerog
    • By zerog 27th Jan 13, 10:32 PM
    • 2,432 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    zerog
    • 27th Jan 13, 10:32 PM
    • 27th Jan 13, 10:32 PM
    They aren't giving free reports out of the goodness of their hearts, they want to make money by enticing some people to subscribe!
    • Fruit and Nut Case
    • By Fruit and Nut Case 27th Jan 13, 10:41 PM
    • 3,982 Posts
    • 2,973 Thanks
    Fruit and Nut Case
    • 27th Jan 13, 10:41 PM
    • 27th Jan 13, 10:41 PM
    I have the free Noddle service. I have been invited to pay 20 per year for something called Noddle Improve which claims to offer advice on improving my "score". I guess this is what the OP has been offered.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    • locotoro
    • By locotoro 25th Feb 13, 1:17 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    locotoro
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:17 PM
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:17 PM
    I'm not sure how accurate Noddle is to be honest.

I've got a clean credit file on about 5 accounts for the past 12 months and only 2 missed payments on 1 account within the last 18 months but still my rating is 1/5

Is this to be expected?
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 25th Feb 13, 1:20 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:20 PM
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:20 PM

I've got a clean credit file on about 5 accounts for the past 12 months and only 2 missed payments on 1 account within the last 18 months but still my rating is 1/5

Is this to be expected?
    Originally posted by locotoro
    not enough information there.

Are you only making minimum payments?

How much of your available credit are you utilising?

2 missed payments on 1 account will negate the fact you have 5 clean accounts.
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 25th Feb 13, 1:21 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:21 PM
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:21 PM

Is this to be expected?
    But as said time and time again, this is Noddle's own score, and is intended as a very, very rough guide only. Lenders will not see the score, they have their own calculations for deciding credit risk.
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 25th Feb 13, 1:21 PM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy

Is this to be expected?
    Depends what else is on your file - given such a low rating I would suspect perhaps it doesn't have you as being on the electoral roll at your current address?

Or that you have other significant issues older than the last 18months but within the last 6years (e.g. defaults / CCJs or worse).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 25th Feb 13, 1:24 PM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    I'd say they are treating the 2 missed payments on the same account within 18 months as pretty serious lol!

it also means you file isn't "clean"!!
  • spacey2012
    They aren't giving free reports out of the goodness of their hearts, they want to make money by enticing some people to subscribe!
    Originally posted by zerog
    They make income by selling details of people who have been hiding from debts to debt collectors.
    Some people have even been called by debt collected whilst still online looking at reports.
    As the service is free it is like a huge honey pot to those with money problems hiding behind new undisclosed locations, who log on and update details for all to see.
    Even Statute barred debts are saleable with new information
    Just wish I had thought of it.
    • Hazzinho
    • By Hazzinho 25th Feb 13, 6:34 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Hazzinho
    How are they making money from me? i have no debt, makes me laugh all these paranoid people, they already have your details with or without you signing up with them.

To the other person ignore the score just make sure your data is accurate, scores are pointless as income is not taken into account.
    • Melaniep101
    • By Melaniep101 25th Feb 13, 7:20 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Melaniep101

Is this to be expected?
    My "rating" fell this month from 4/5 to a 3/5 even though there's nothing detrimental on my file, no missed payments, etc. Can't work it out!
    • zerog
    • By zerog 25th Feb 13, 7:21 PM
    • 2,432 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    zerog
    I'm also wondering how noddle decides on its score. I can't seem to move up from 3/5. My wife recently moved up to 4/5 after opening a new credit card though. But they seem to think I have a good chance of getting an Amex and 0 chance of MBNA.
    • CRISPIANNE3
    • By CRISPIANNE3 25th Feb 13, 8:05 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    CRISPIANNE3
    Mine is stuck at 5/5. Not meaningless to me as it gives me a warm feeling in this cold weather.
  • BugsyBrowne
    I wouldn't waste 1 minute of life looking at a generated score from an outfit that no lender gives a to*s about nor use so you're all wasting your time.
  • izools
    I wouldn't waste 1 minute of life looking at a generated score from an outfit that no lender gives a to*s about nor use so you're all wasting your time.
    Originally posted by BugsyBrowne
    Interesting you say that, when my OH got a 20K loan from Nationwide a few weeks ago the searched Experian and call credit, which I thought was weird, but there you go.
    Cashback Earned Nectar Points 68 Natoinwide Select 62 Aqua Reward 100 Amex Platinum 48
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 26th Feb 13, 8:34 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Mine is stuck at 5/5. Not meaningless to me as it gives me a warm feeling in this cold weather.
    Originally posted by CRISPIANNE3
    You have a better credit rating than the country. Go you!

Old David is sat there saying "I logged into Noddle last month and my rating was Triple A. Then I log in this morning and all of a sudden, out of the blue, it's AA1! I just don't get it!"

• Horseygirl123
    • By Horseygirl123 26th Feb 13, 1:56 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    Horseygirl123
    My credit score is 5/5 with Noddle. I've had real difficulty in getting a new credit card or a loan so not sure how meaningful it is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

6,446Users online

Martin's Twitter