Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    DerbyRams
    Noddle.co.uk
    • 17th May 12, 7:14 PM
    Noddle.co.uk 17th May 12 at 7:14 PM
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post it.

I thought I would check noodle.co.uk to see if my score matched up with my score on Credit Expert.

I put my card details in, for 'verification purposes' including 3 digit code on reverse, name on card and of course card number.

For some reason it couldn't verify me, and just told me to try again another time.

I am now concerned about putting my card details into a site which seems to have done nothing apart from give me an incorrect message in exchange for my card details.

Has anybody had experience with noodle.co.uk and is it a valid trusted site?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Page 3
    • sfax
    • By sfax 12th Dec 12, 3:50 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    You should pay for your 2 statutory reports from Experian and Equifax every now and again, or at least before making a new credit application.

Sign up for noddle for free if you want (don't pay them) but any serious applications for credit only use the other two CRAs.

For cheap Experian unlimited credit reports and credit monitoring, look at third party offerings. E.g. I get Experian included in my smilemore benefits.

It's also maybe worth getting an Equifax or Experian subscription and then cancelling it as they'll offer you a subscription at a much more reasonable price when you call to cancel.
    • UsetheFORCE
    • By UsetheFORCE 13th Dec 12, 7:56 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    UsetheFORCE
    Why? If the free Noddle service shows all of your accounts, why pay Equifax 3.49 a month?

I appreciate some people are a bit obsessive about their credit report, but do you really need to look at an up-to-date, incomplete, version of it more than once a month?

If I were you and I was obsessive about my credit report I'd cancel Equifax and get a 2 Statutory Credit Report from Equifax and Experian maybe every six months or so.

Just saved you 33.88, or more, a year!
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    Because the data you could be seeing on Noddle can be anything upto 3 months behind, taking into account that it is a monthly snapshot on 1 day of the month.

As for subscribing, I have been rebuilding my credit but also wanted access, re renting...resolving a incorrect payment marker, electoral roll, financial association and other issues, paying 3.49 a month, probably for the next 12 months just makes sense at the moment, a small price to pay which in a roundabout way, I have and will save more than that in the future because of it.

I just order an Experian Statutory report every 3 months.
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • ADMANT
    Noddle
    I was a bit hesitant at first, but after a bit of research and reading the T&Cs, I signed up.

Glad I did, very detailed report very helpful.

cheers
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 16th May 13, 4:14 PM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    The Boss

I thought I would check noodle.co.uk to see if my score matched up with my score on Credit Expert.
    Originally posted by DerbyRams
    No need to bother doing that - neither score is particularly important and they might as well be plucking figures out of thin air.
  • sirwiggum
    I tried to register for noddle, but for some reason it wont let me use my debit card for idenfitication verification.

I'm on the electoral roll, and the card / billing address is the same.

I got a 2 pound report from Experian a few months ago, I found it of little use to be honest, compared to the information from the 30 day trial.
    • garynuman
    • By garynuman 31st May 13, 2:54 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    garynuman
    I believe you have to use a credit card - debit cards are not accepted. If you don't have one, I understand that other documents can be used (passport, etc.) But this does hinder the identification process.

Sorry

Gaz
    • sfax
    • By sfax 31st May 13, 3:33 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I tried to register for noddle, but for some reason it wont let me use my debit card for idenfitication verification.

I'm on the electoral roll, and the card / billing address is the same.

I got a 2 pound report from Experian a few months ago, I found it of little use to be honest, compared to the information from the 30 day trial.
    Originally posted by sirwiggum
    It's only useful if you understand what it's telling you. Try reading this article:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score

A 2 Experian report is infinitely more useful than a score from Noddle.
  • amyxx
    I've just checked my credit reports on both noddle, and then checked on experian just to be sure, and there is an account on noddle which doesnt show on my experian :/ how can this be, i though experian was the better and more trusted service? Also, my noddle account only gives me a rating as 1/5, whereas experian give me a score of 824, which one am i to believe? Which one are lenders more likely to see? would they see the account which noddle shows, or would they see what experian shows? Very confused! :/
  • You-kip
    I've just checked my credit reports on both noddle, and then checked on experian just to be sure, and there is an account on noddle which doesnt show on my experian :/ how can this be, i though experian was the better and more trusted service? Also, my noddle account only gives me a rating as 1/5, whereas experian give me a score of 824, which one am i to believe? Which one are lenders more likely to see? would they see the account which noddle shows, or would they see what experian shows? Very confused! :/
    Originally posted by amyxx
    Its not about believing which one 'its about ignoring them all as you don't have an individual credit score there's no such thing.
  • amyxx
    It wasnt juts about the score, it was about the account which I cant see on my experian report, although surely the scoring is a good way to analyse your rating.
  • You-kip
    It wasnt juts about the score, it was about the account which I cant see on my experian report, although surely the scoring is a good way to analyse your rating.
    Originally posted by amyxx
    No its not in anyway a good way to analyse your credit worthiness.

Lenders are far more particular when scoring an applicant of which many of lenders data they use to score an individual is not used in anyway by CRA's which basically mean they're very much meaningless numbers to which people get the feel good factor the higher the score.

Lenders don't see your score also the lender don't want to know your score and finally lenders lend money CRAs don't so giving a score they carry no Risk.
  • Experian company representative
    If the wrong linked address was registered by a lender then it could possibly be registered at the other CRAs too so definitely worth checking all three credit reports.

James
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 30th Jul 13, 11:33 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Use free trials remembering to cancel before the 30 days, or 2 statutory reports though! Not the rip-off 14.99 a month "here have a random number as well" reports.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,253Posts Today

7,656Users online

Martin's Twitter