Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    amazelucy
    Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors
    • 3rd Jul 09, 1:55 PM
    Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors 3rd Jul 09 at 1:55 PM
    Hi All

I just wanted to vent some frustration and let you all know please never even consider using Wolstenholmes Solicitors LLP!!

They are acting for the sellers of our house and they are the most dreadful, disorganised solicitors I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They leave their assistants to do EVERYTHING and you can never ever get hold of the actual people. Our fantastic sollicitor has had to explain in minute legal detail each and everytime she has needed something! She has even had emails back saying "we dont understand".

Our estate agents informed us they had never dealt with them until recently and have suddenly dealt with them 4 times recently - apparently because they offer a cheap online deal!!

Please everyone - it is not worth saving a hundred quid for all the stress and hassle this bunch of idiots (who must have bought their degrees online) will cause you when buying or selling a house.

Thanks

Lucy
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 05-07-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Page 66
    • isayoldchap
    • By isayoldchap 20th Oct 10, 7:51 AM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    isayoldchap
    Update
    I spoke to Adrian Neve from Fishburns solicitors yesterday evening.They are the solicitors appointed by Wolstenholmes insurers.He tells me he is dealing with quite alot of Wolstenholmes claims and is having to work late to sort these out.
    I am sending him further information on my case.
    I am lucky as Wolstenholmes paid eventually my balancing cheque after the sale.
    My claim is the adjudicator decision and intrest as they claimed the mortgage earlier than the actual move date and held onto my cash after the sale.600 compensation plus 75.77 intrest.
    The SRA have also asked for an update on progress with the claim from Fishburns.
    I hope to report back soon
    PM me if you require any further assistance
    Last edited by isayoldchap; 17-12-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    • cakinwande
    • By cakinwande 18th May 11, 9:15 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    cakinwande
    http://www.home-solicitors.co.uk/

Their reasons for closing are laughable! They are now trading under http://www.conveyancingexpert.co.uk/index.php which is not registered with the Law Society. Beware people....
    • cakinwande
    • By cakinwande 10th Jun 11, 4:26 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    cakinwande
    Does anyone have any updates they would like to share?
    I spoke to a lady @ Fishburns today after I received a letter in January saying they were going to complete my case with compensation. Apparently, soon after, they had received 1000's of files/evidence so they still haven't closed my case. They are having several meetings but how many meetings can you have in nearly 2 years?
  • carolinev89
    Exhausted....
    I completed with Wolstenholmes and luckily when they closed all that I had left to do was the land registration. Unfortunately, however, it appears that they were wrong with their calculations on the balance of the service charge and ground rent on my apartment. It was apparently in surplus, so I stumped up 800, when really it was 2k in debt. Obviously at the end of the year I had a shock bill from the building management.

The SRA says this is not their responsibility and gave me the details of A Howlett who is, apparently, their insurers. I have been contacting them to no avail since I found out about the debt (about 18 months ago).

It's getting to the stage where I really need the cash and if I wait much longer I fear there will be nothing I can do. Any advice would me mucho mucho appreciated.
  • unfortunate
    The Reality
    The Reality
    Imran Husseiyn joined wolstenholmes solicitors in March 2009. Nasir Ilyas has been the CE of the company since 2006. All the fraudulent activities had been carried out by Nasir Ilyas and his wife Asma Qayoum (who he has now divorced). When Nasir Ilyas realised that his fraudulent activities had been caught out he then sold the company to Imran Husseiyn who really is a genuine man. He also made bobby shabbir and bilal khwaja partnes in 2009 who had nothing to do with all this and have now had their pratice certificates suspended too.
    Nasir Ilyas - You crook - Go to hell

Beware of Nasir Ilyas
    Originally posted by tweety2009
    I have also been recently been stung by nasir ilyas who certainly is not divorced from asma - trust me. I would like this author to contact me and discuss with me some issues that this man has left me in - he is a true CROOK and i feel sorry for his mother who has bore this most horrid child!!!!!!!
  • unfortunate
    I have also been recently been stung by nasir ilyas who certainly is not divorced from asma - trust me. I would like this author to contact me and discuss with me some issues that this man has left me in - he is a true CROOK and i feel sorry for his mother who has bore this most horrid child!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by unfortunate
    You would have thought he would have had some shame but oh no - he strikes again!!! No conscience whatsoever, he is just out there to make peoples' lives a misery for few pennies!!! He would sell his mother if he could make a buck out of it!
  • fruglebugle
    What is the world coming to...
    We completed with Wolstenholmes in Aug 2009, and so my file was never considered live... I had heard nothing of this incredible scandel... until this week...

HMRC contacted me to say that the stamp duty was never paid on my house (they had declared my house purchase price under stamp duty threshold, despite me giving them the 9000 to pay the real stamp duty.... So basically they lied and took my money.... Now HMRC want their money with almost 1000 interest... and possibly penalties (although they did say they were likely not to impose penalties if I can prove it was unintentional....

I have filed a compensation claim with the SRA with all the documentation I have .. but i'd be keen to understand if anyone has had this specific probelm and has been successful or unsuccessul with the SRA?

What a nightmare, would love any tips / success or failure stories please...

Worst week ever. Who do you ask to protect you if you can't trust your solicitor? Some really do ruin it for the others...

GRRR.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 31st Oct 12, 5:09 PM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 19,463 Thanks
    kingstreet
    TBH this would have been better posted on HBR&S where the solicitor members often post. This is a bit of a backwater for anyone other than the resident brokers.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • fruglebugle
    Hbr&s?
    TBH this would have been better posted on HBR&S where the solicitor members often post. This is a bit of a backwater for anyone other than the resident brokers.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Thanks - can you just tell me what HBR&S is sorry (new to all this)
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 31st Oct 12, 8:32 PM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 19,463 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Home Buying, Renting & Selling.

It's two down the list from here.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Mal_Rafiq
    Nasir ilyas
    You would have thought he would have had some shame but oh no - he strikes again!!! No conscience whatsoever, he is just out there to make peoples' lives a misery for few pennies!!! He would sell his mother if he could make a buck out of it!
    Originally posted by unfortunate
    Nasir Ilyas has no shame...still. He is still up to his fraudulent tricks. Please elaborate on what he has done to you. I have heard he recently got involved with a solicitor firm in Burnley...Not good?!
  • princeperch
    We completed with Wolstenholmes in Aug 2009, and so my file was never considered live... I had heard nothing of this incredible scandel... until this week...

HMRC contacted me to say that the stamp duty was never paid on my house (they had declared my house purchase price under stamp duty threshold, despite me giving them the 9000 to pay the real stamp duty.... So basically they lied and took my money.... Now HMRC want their money with almost 1000 interest... and possibly penalties (although they did say they were likely not to impose penalties if I can prove it was unintentional....

I have filed a compensation claim with the SRA with all the documentation I have .. but i'd be keen to understand if anyone has had this specific probelm and has been successful or unsuccessul with the SRA?

What a nightmare, would love any tips / success or failure stories please...

Worst week ever. Who do you ask to protect you if you can't trust your solicitor? Some really do ruin it for the others...

GRRR.
    Originally posted by fruglebugle

I dont want to worry you however if you didnt pay the SDLT then the property transaction would not have been registered at HMLR (I think you need the SDLT certificate to register the sale) and the charge.

if you have a mortgage your mortgage company will also want to know about this because their charge wont be registered over their security. If I were you I would drop your lenders legal department a line about this...
  • alan01
    unaware
    As I suspected (in my post #1299), there are people out there who were not aware that they were affected by WH. I also completed purchase back in Nov but thanks to the forum I realised by digging around in Dec that WH had done no post completion work, about 11,500 gone "missing".
    This was before the SRA intervention, for which I was one of the official complaints. By keeping abreast of the forum I was able to get my claim in as soon as allowed. I think it still took about 6 weeks to get the cheque, but they were still getting official management guidelines at the time.
    Originally posted by mjmal51
    Yes I afraid totally unaware until tried recently to remortgage and told I was not registered proprietor.Completed with wolstenholmes on 18/12/2009 just 7 days before intervention.Just sent letter to HRMC to check if stamp duty was paid {not much hope}.Have now received file from SRA ,cant comprehend how these crooks got away with it , any info will be happily received ie how to get compensation 7950+ if I as seems to be I will get no sympathy from HMRC.
    Last edited by alan01; 07-08-2013 at 3:55 PM. Reason: wrong date
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

530Posts Today

5,700Users online

Martin's Twitter