Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shane1
    • By Shane1 22nd Oct 19, 8:23 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shane1
    Contacted by Tesco directly
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:23 PM
    Contacted by Tesco directly 22nd Oct 19 at 8:23 PM
    Hi
    I recently made my first PPI claim through a PPI company, and today the company contacted me by phone to inform me that my Tesco Loan PPI claim has been successful. The PPI company went on to tell me that they will now send a letter out to me, which I believe I need to sign and return to them if I accept the deal.
    I don't really understand how these processes usually work, but since I first applied with the PPI company, Tesco had sent me several updates on how my claim was doing by post.
    In addition to the good news I recieved from the PPI company by phone today, I also received a letter directly from Tesco Bank Complaints, which outlines my reward and asks me to return the enclosed letter to accept my refund.
    I am very confused now, because I thought I was dealing with a PPI company, not dealing directly with Tesco bank.

I hope that someone might be able to explain to me what is going on and if I need to wait to receive the letter from the PPI company or respond to the letter from Tesco Bank Complaints. Perhaps this is how the process works anyway??

Many thanks for any help.
    Shane
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 22nd Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    • 24,906 Posts
    • 14,422 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    Your complaint went to Tesco.

The Claim Company are simply your appointed representative in this complaint.

As such, Tesco pay you directly the refund that is awarded and you then pay the Claim Company.

So, you accept Tesco's redress and then wait for a bill to arrive from the Claim Company which you pay from the proceeds..
    • Shane1
    • By Shane1 22nd Oct 19, 8:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shane1
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:46 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:46 PM
    That's great. Thank you for explaining. I will do just that.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 22nd Oct 19, 9:24 PM
    • 1,761 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:24 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:24 PM
    I don't really understand how these processes usually work, but since I first applied with the PPI company, Tesco had sent me several updates on how my claim was doing by post.
    That is what you would expect.

I am very confused now, because I thought I was dealing with a PPI company, not dealing directly with Tesco bank.
    No. You employed a claims company to put your complaint in an envelope and post it to Tesco to use the free-of-charge complaint process. After that the Claims company does nothing.

CMCs only do a few minutes work. The rest is between you and the bank/finance company.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 22nd Oct 19, 9:28 PM
    • 24,906 Posts
    • 14,422 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:28 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:28 PM
    That's great.
    Originally posted by Shane1
    I'm not so sure that is an apt description of you paying the Claims Firm fully 20% (plus VAT) of the refund you will receive.
    • Barney Rubble 0403
    • By Barney Rubble 0403 22nd Oct 19, 10:08 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Barney Rubble 0403
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:08 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 10:08 PM
    I'm not so sure that is an apt description of you paying the Claims Firm fully 20% (plus VAT) of the refund you will receive.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    That's what you call very expensive stamp
    :
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd Oct 19, 8:04 AM
    • 35,239 Posts
    • 22,246 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 23rd Oct 19, 8:04 AM
    • 23rd Oct 19, 8:04 AM
    Could save yourself some money if you had done the process yourself.
    • Shane1
    • By Shane1 24th Oct 19, 5:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shane1
    • 24th Oct 19, 5:17 PM
    • 24th Oct 19, 5:17 PM
    I was just thanking you for explaining, but thank you also for pointing out something that I can't undo, unless of course the point is that I can?
    Last edited by Shane1; 24-10-2019 at 5:33 PM.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 24th Oct 19, 5:53 PM
    • 24,906 Posts
    • 14,422 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 24th Oct 19, 5:53 PM
    • 24th Oct 19, 5:53 PM
    I was just thanking you for explaining, but thank you also for pointing out something that I can't undo, unless of course the point is that I can?
    Originally posted by Shane1
    No, it's rather a warning to others that Claim firms have no special powers or expertise and that they charge a lot for doing very little. For you it's too late..

Now that PPI complaints are at an end, the Claim firms are scratching around looking for another such money train to exploit..,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

3,026Users online

Martin's Twitter