Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback 6th Dec 17 at 4:58 PM
    MSE Update 17 December 2018:

Also see our news story:

Outfox the Market customers vent fury over energy bill hikes

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Outfox the Market

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 17-12-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Page 50
    • monobloc222
    • By monobloc222 14th Oct 19, 6:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    monobloc222
    Outfox the market
    Don't believe the negative and misleading warning about poor service on MSE's Cheap Energy Club. We transferred nearly 2 years ago and have had no problems or issues and are safe in the knowledge that we're also saving money. We've also directed friends and family to them with similar results and satisfaction. They are consistently quoted the cheapest on Cheap Energy Club. Give em go
    • DSC
    • By DSC 16th Oct 19, 1:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DSC
    Great price for low usage customer
    We switched to OTM 18 months ago as they were substantially cheaper than any of the rivals. There was a mid term blip when they automatically shifted all accounts onto higher DD over winter and lower DD over summer. This did not suit everyone and so they quickly had to revert to constant DD throughout the year.

Now all new customers will be on 6 months higher DD over winter and lower over summer. This is clearly detailed before you switch. Existing customers however can remain on a constant DD if selecting One Variable 6.0 which works for us.

It is definitely worth calculating your annual usage for gas and electricity as our figures were lower than the estimated average thus allowing us to be on the lowest possible tariff

Website can be a bit of a pain with Online chat option opening far too frequently but you eventually get used to it.

Phone calls dealt with reasonably quickly [under 5 mins to be at front of the Q at lunchtime] and efficiently
    • RalphS
    • By RalphS 21st Oct 19, 10:02 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RalphS
    Smoothest fastest switch I have ever made!
    I switched to OTM on 4th Oct from Angelic. EVERYTHING took place on exactly time and most proficiently. (I even got my credit balance from Angelic back into my bank account on 10th Oct.)
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 21st Oct 19, 11:37 AM
    • 5,266 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Don't believe the negative and misleading warning about poor service on MSE's Cheap Energy Club.
    Originally posted by monobloc222
    Well, of course, the stats don't predict that everyone gets bad service from OTM but only that the odds may be against getting good service.

It's interesting to see that your only two posts on the forum are both in support of OTM. Let's hope you continue to be lucky.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 21st Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    • 13,628 Posts
    • 16,699 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    OFTM finally realised that they had failed to claim my DD for 9 months, and asked me to repay the debt. They've spread the c. 300 debt over 6 months, which is fine with me. Still not sure about their maths, though, but that's the same with all the energy companies.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • 1974Marie
    • By 1974Marie 22nd Oct 19, 2:56 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    1974Marie
    I would not recommend this business. Been with them 3 months, could enter meter readings no problem. The past few weeks the meter reading page is allowing me to put in 1 digit only. So 32345 goes through as 3.

Wrote to them and they never replied. Used live chat and they could not answer what has changed on the website just said take a picture of your meter and we will look into it.

I have applied to leave. Nil points to this lot.
    • slb2008
    • By slb2008 26th Oct 19, 4:47 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    slb2008
    There seems to be a problem in using https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub to compare my current outfox the market tariff against possible alternatives. Outfox says my current tariff is Zapp! July. Cheap energy club lists lots of tariffs but none of them with that name or even a similar name.

On further investigation, it turns out that Zapp! is an obsolete Tariff. Seems that OFTM keep introducing newer tariffs and pushing up charges on the old ones. Their new tariff, "One Variable 7.0" is still the cheapest for me, so I suppose I'll stay with them. Am disappointed though that Cheap Energy Club didn't spot the price rise.
    Last edited by slb2008; 26-10-2019 at 8:28 AM.
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 26th Oct 19, 10:01 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Gerry1
    The past few weeks the meter reading page is allowing me to put in 1 digit only. So 32345 goes through as 3.
    Originally posted by 1974Marie
    Probably a browser compatibility problem, or your privacy settings, etc. Just try a different browser.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 26th Oct 19, 11:31 AM
    • 5,266 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Or, perhaps, just clear your browser's cookies and history. IE, for example, will sometimes load a cached page unless set to refresh each time you visit a page.
    • 1974Marie
    • By 1974Marie 27th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    1974Marie
    Probably a browser compatibility problem, or your privacy settings, etc. Just try a different browser.
    Originally posted by Gerry1
    Hi. Thanks for reply.

They wrote back to me saying "I can confirm the reason why we have requested a photo of your reading was to ensure the reading was entered correctly and all meter details correlate with those we have on file. I can confirm I have now input your reading, and you should be able to input 5 digits on your meter now."

So instead of contacting me to ask for this at the outset they blocked me from inputing readings and wait for me to contact them.

That is not a level of customer service I am used to. Applied to leave and I do not recommend them at all.
    • hareng
    • By hareng 27th Oct 19, 5:02 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    hareng
    So instead of contacting me to ask for this at the outset they blocked me from inputing readings and wait for me to contact them.
    Originally posted by 1974Marie

Was this with an old meter by any chance?
    You input a zero first, everything thereafter hunky dory only need to input 4 digits.
    • Seejuu
    • By Seejuu 2nd Nov 19, 3:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seejuu
    Inefficient when switching out. 1 see 2 below
    On 14 June 2019 Outfox acknowledged I was switching and undertook to send me a final statement within
    six weeks.

On 02 July 2019 Outfox sent the final statement balance showing a credit due to me of 36.82.

On 12 July 2019, ten days later, Outfox WITHDREW 59.12 from my bank account.

On 12 August 2019 Outfox WITHDREW 59.12 from my bank account.

On 22 August 2019 emailed Outfox for my refund: auto reply received.

On 12 September 2019 Outfox WITHDREW 59.12 from my bank account.

On 12 September 2019 (Same day!) Bank credit FISCHER ENERGY 155.06: who are they? (I now know!)

On 22 September 2019 I emailed Outfox chasing the refund.

On 14 October 2019 Outfox WITHDREW 59.12 from my bank account.

On 21 October 2019, having had no response, I emailed Outfox again stating I would complain to the Energy Ombudsman if no reply within a week. I received an auto-reply promising a response within 5 days.

On 31 October 2019 I used Google to find out who Fisher Energy was. The person who answered my call to Fisner Enery said Outfox was a sister company. I did not say why I phoned but they asked my name and postcode which I gave them. I thanked them for the information, said I had a claim against Outfox and said goodbye. Cancelled my direct debit and complained to the Energy Ombudsman.

On 01 November 2019 email from Outfox, "Your direct debit has been cancelled.". My reply, "I know because I cancelled it! Please reply to my other emails."
    I'll let you know the outcome and leave you to judge Outfox The Market
    Last edited by Seejuu; 07-11-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: update
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 6th Nov 19, 10:02 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 9,213 Thanks
    Nick_C
    On 14 June 2019 Outfox acknowledged I was switching and undertook to send me a final statement within
    six weeks.
    Originally posted by Seejuu
    I would have had similar problems with Ovo if I had not cancelled the Direct Debit when I switched. Ovo told me the DD remains active until they produce a final statement. I had to let Ovo set up a new DD so they could send a refund to my bank account!

The whole system of switching needs a radical overhaul.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 6th Nov 19, 11:03 PM
    • 5,266 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    Consumerist
    I would have had similar problems with Ovo if I had not cancelled the Direct Debit when I switched. Ovo told me the DD remains active until they produce a final statement. I had to let Ovo set up a new DD so they could send a refund to my bank account! . . .
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    I cancelled my Avro DD after confirming a switch to another supplier but they still refunded to my bank account.

I suspect that Ovo has realised that customers are learning that the DD is not actually necessary after a switch has completed and so are trying to be difficult about the refund. Personally, I would have made them send a cheque - which must still be received within 10 working days of the final bill.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 7th Nov 19, 12:01 AM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 9,213 Thanks
    Nick_C
    I cancelled my Avro DD after confirming a switch to another supplier but they still refunded to my bank account.

I suspect that Ovo has realised that customers are learning that the DD is not actually necessary after a switch has completed and so are trying to be difficult about the refund. Personally, I would have made them send a cheque - which must still be received within 10 working days of the final bill.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    Problem I had was six weeks had passed since the switch and I had still not had a final bill. I just wanted the money asap and raised a formal complaint. They sent me a payment on account, based on my calculation. About a week later I got a final bill and have just paid them 0.06 by credit card to clear the account!

Currently, there is no penalty for failing to issue a final bill in 6 weeks, although OFGEM are consulting on this.
    • Seejuu
    • By Seejuu 7th Nov 19, 11:03 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seejuu
    Inefficient when switching out. 2
    05 November: Outfox reply to mine above of 01 November:
    "Thank you for your email, I can see that a refund was processed for you on the 12th September. You should have got an email confirming this? This refund will appear on your bank statement as coming from Fischer Energy as this is our Parent company."
    My reply:
    "Yes, I got a refund on the 12th September from Fischer Energy but no email advising me who Fischer Energy was. In my last email I attached other emails concerning the matter. Did you see and read them?

I had hoped that would explain the situation. Please see the same attachments.

I have just checked my Outfox the Market account. It shows:
    Your account is currently 118.24 in credit.
    Direct Debit amount
    Next payment date
    12 Nov 2019

Please may I have a refund for all Outfox owes me?"

Forwarded email to Energy Ombudsman who's processing my complaint.
    Last edited by Seejuu; 07-11-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: link to previous email
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,066Posts Today

5,219Users online

Martin's Twitter