Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauren Gilbert
    • By Lauren Gilbert 22nd Oct 19, 12:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lauren Gilbert
    Withdrawing From Masters - Student Finance Help
    • 22nd Oct 19, 12:41 PM
    Withdrawing From Masters - Student Finance Help 22nd Oct 19 at 12:41 PM
    I received a letter this past weekend from student finance, expressing that they had been notified of my choice to withdraw from my masters degree, yet I am confused by the letter.
    They sent me another loan entitlement summary, which said I had been paid for my first instalment (which I had) and that explained my payment schedule.
    Does this mean, that even though I am no longer at university (and SFE are aware) I will still receive the remainder of this loan?
    The money would enable me to pay off related debts, such as my overdraft and would help me out a great deal while I'm settling into my new job.

Has anyone else dropped out of a postgrad degree and still received the remainder of their loan, or is this an error?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 23rd Oct 19, 9:03 AM
    • 39,567 Posts
    • 163,715 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 23rd Oct 19, 9:03 AM
    • 23rd Oct 19, 9:03 AM
    It doesn't sound right and if they realise they have made a mistake they will want to be credited with the mistaken amount.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

114Posts Today

1,374Users online

Martin's Twitter