Withdrawing From Masters - Student Finance Help

I received a letter this past weekend from student finance, expressing that they had been notified of my choice to withdraw from my masters degree, yet I am confused by the letter.
They sent me another loan entitlement summary, which said I had been paid for my first instalment (which I had) and that explained my payment schedule.
Does this mean, that even though I am no longer at university (and SFE are aware) I will still receive the remainder of this loan?
The money would enable me to pay off related debts, such as my overdraft and would help me out a great deal while I'm settling into my new job.

Has anyone else dropped out of a postgrad degree and still received the remainder of their loan, or is this an error?

Thanks!

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,942 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    It doesn't sound right and if they realise they have made a mistake they will want to be credited with the mistaken amount.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure