Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    • 5,573Posts
    • 13,301Thanks
    Dormouse
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt
    • 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt 18th Sep 12 at 7:34 PM
    Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too ).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
    Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting!

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

O'Keeffe's hand or feet creams - MBG - no closing date
    details HERE (click on 100% Money Back Guarantee)

The Breath Company products -
    100% Money-Back Guarantee - no closing date
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt and courteous refund or replacement.

Details HERE

Stocked by Boots/Superdrug and Amazon etc.

If you purchased a "The Breath Company" product, simply return the unused portion to us by mail to the address below. Please make sure you include your full name, order date, and copy of the UK store receipt with your order to receive full credit. The purchase price of the products will be refunded or replacement products will be sent.

Hill's Ideal Balance
    Dog or Cat food - MBG - no closing date (?)
    You can also get a £5 money-off voucher by registering on their website HERE

Note: not a postal promotion - you have to take the actual product back to the store:

"We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which is a guarantee of quality, consistency and taste. If a pet refuses to eat one of our products or it does not meet our usual high quality standards, the opened bag (or unused cans) and remaining food may be returned to the retailer for replacement (or refund)."

Miracle Gro Patch Magic
    - MBG - no closing date
    details here
    Dulux Once paint: money back guarantee.
    If the paint doesn't do what it says on the tin i.e. cover in one coat, then they give you your money back.
    You have to ring the number on the side of the paint and then the people ask you what colour you bought and what colour you were painting over, you then get a reference number which you have to write on the top of your receipt and send it to Dulux (they give you the address on the phone).

Colgate® ProClinical®electric toothbrush - 30 Day Challenge - no closing date?
    Try the Colgate® ProClinical® electric toothbrush for 30 days from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, return the product within 45 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (shipping and handling excluded). You must return the product in its original box with all contents: handle, refill brush heads, charger, travel case (if applicable), together with the original cash register receipt showing this product was purchased in the United Kingdom. Please allow 6-8 weeks for handling. Please contact Colgate Consumer Affairs Centre, 00-800-321-321-32.
    Pai Skincare - 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee - no closing date

details HERE

CURRENT TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS

Fol Epi cheese - TMF - closes 15/06/17
    Waitrose only

Claim within 28 days

Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise - MBG - closes 30/06/17

Claim online or via post

All details HERE

Aveeno After Shower Mist -
    "Love it or your money back!" - closes30/06/17 but buy before 31/12/16
    See www.aveeno.co.uk/moneyback for claim form and full T&C
    Lights by Tena - "Feel Fresh or It's Free" - closes 28/07/2017
    details HERE

Listerine® Total Care and Listerine® Total Care Zero;
    250ml, 500ml and 1L variants - "21 day challenge" - closes 31/07/17 but buy before 30/06/17
    Details here

Coupon here

One bottle cap required
    Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set - MBG - closes 31/07/2017 but buy between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017
    1. Purchase one promotional pack of Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017 - Packs can be purchased in Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Rowlands, Co-Op, Day Lewis, Sainsbury's ,Wilko, Morrisons, Ocado, Amazon and Independent Pharmacies while stock lasts.
    2. Within 7 days of purchase date shown on the till receipt, participants must visit www.canespromoneyback.co.uk to register their participation in the Money Back Guarantee offer and watch the instructional video. All details requested on the Register page must be completed and a photo of their till receipt and their fungal nail must be uploaded at the same time.

Birds Eye Hello Morning! products
    (frozen pancakes and waffles) - TMF - closes 31/08/17
    Promotional pack needed
    Kingsmill Super Toasty - "Best Ever Toast or Your Money Back" - closes 30/09/2017 but buy before 23/09/2017
    promotional pack needed

details HERE

Hedrin
    products - MBG - buy between 01/06/2016 and 31/12/19. Claim by 31/12/19
    Products included: Once Spray Gel (60ml or 100ml), Hedrin Once Liquid Gel (100ml or 250ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Mousse (100ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Spray (60ml) or Hedrin Treat & Go Lotion (250ml)

Details HERE
    Thanks to all the contributors

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here
    Last edited by Dormouse; 14-06-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Page 217
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 18th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 2,405 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Hoping for £5 back from Crave Cat food

https://www.cravepetfood.co.uk/Offers/Mbg-Offer
    Originally posted by fatbelly
    If you read back you'll see that might be in for a long wait with that one.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 24th Jul 19, 6:53 PM
    • 4,582 Posts
    • 12,911 Thanks
    asajj
    Free Carlsberg Danish Pilsner 6 x 330 mml
    You can claim a full refund after purchasing the promotion pack

https://www.carlsberg-snap-pack-promotion.com/

Terms & Conditions: Open to residents of England, Wales and Northern Ireland age 18+ only (not open to residents of Scotland). Offer available on packs of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner 6x330ml Snap Pack ("Qualifying Carlsberg Pack"), subject to availability. Purchase a Qualifying Carlsberg Pack from participating Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose and Co-op stores or through online stores of these retailers, where stocked, in England, Wales or Northern Ireland between 00.01 on 15/04/2019 and 23:59 on 31/08/2019 and retain your receipt. Includes purchases in physical stores and online (online purchases must be for delivery to England, Wales or Northern Ireland).

Offer is for a full refund of the purchase price of 1 x Qualifying Carlsberg Pack, up to a maximum value of £5.00.

There are a maximum number of 2,500 refunds available during the promotional period. To claim the refund, visit the website at https://www.carlsberg.co.uk/snap-pack-promotion, fully complete the online form and submit it with (a) your bank or PayPal details for processing the refund and (b) a scanned copy of a valid receipt for a Qualifying Carlsberg Pack purchased in accordance with these terms, clearly showing the retailer and date of purchase.

Refunds must be claimed by 23:59 on 30/09/19. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Refund will be paid to the account detailed in your application. We aim to process your refund within 10 working days of your application. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not transferable. 1 refund per person only during the promotion. Retailers reserve the right to refuse service. For full terms and conditions and privacy notice please visit https://www.carlsberg.co.uk/snap-pack-promotion/terms
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 29th Jul 19, 6:20 AM
    • 14,317 Posts
    • 11,325 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Oppo ice cream at Waitrose

Well I've bought some and jumped through the hoops. Let's see what happens
    Last edited by fatbelly; 09-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 7th Aug 19, 9:53 AM
    • 2,825 Posts
    • 41,806 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    I have seen 100% satisfaction guarantee on cillit bang 100 % limescale remover
    but I can not find any details
    Originally posted by bigboystephen
    Bottles have a 'Satisfaction Guaranteed Money Back' flash on them with details of where to send your claim on the back of the bottle
    • monkeybusiness
    • By monkeybusiness 20th Aug 19, 12:12 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    monkeybusiness
    Spotted in Pets at Home - boxes of 12 Whiskas Pure Delight - buy the box then you can claim your money back (£4.49) by completing an online application - you just need a photo of your receipt and also a photo of the box to download. Refund by paypal or BACS. Needs to be a special pack with sticker on it.
    • djjunk
    • By djjunk 23rd Aug 19, 6:27 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    djjunk
    Dolmio

MBG on Dolmio jars:
    • Tell us in no less than 15 words why you are dissatisfied with the product.
    • Include your full name, and the address where you want your refund cheque sent to.
    • Include your receipt for a product listed in clause 6 (the maximum refund per claim is £3.00 or euro equivalent). Your claim must be received within the Claim Period, and all of these requirements must be met in order to make a valid claim (“valid claim”). We reserve the right to request the promotional jar label so please retain until you’ve received your refund.
    https://www.dolmio.co.uk/money-back-guarantee
    Last edited by djjunk; 23-08-2019 at 6:29 PM.
    • InA
    • By InA 1st Sep 19, 12:40 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    InA
    WK Kellogg Granola TMF
    Promotion pack with a Try Me Free sticker needs to be purchased, and you will need to submit a photo of your receipt. All claims must be received by (assume before) 15/11/19.

Bank account details (sort code and account number) will need to be submitted for the refund.

https://www.wkktrymefree.com/

Terms & Conditions:

1. Open to UK mainland, NI & ROI residents, aged 18 or over, excluding Channel Islands, employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
    2. WKK Kellogg ‘Try Me Free’ (purchase necessary) offer is valid on promotional packs from 28/08/19 – 08/10/19 and all claims must be received by 15/11/19.
    3. Qualifying promotional boxes are as follows;
      1. W.K. Kellogg No Added Sugar Granola, Simply 570g
      2. W.K. Kellogg No Added Sugar Granola, Coconut, Cashew & Almond 570g
      3. W.K. Kellogg No Added Sugar Granola, Coco & Hazelnut 550g
      4. W.K. Kellogg No Added Sugar Granola, Raspberry, Apple & Carrot 500g
    Qualifying boxes are subject to availability and will feature a promotional sticker.
    1. To qualify, purchase a promotional product and claim your money back by visiting WKKTryMeFree.com. You will need to supply the following details;
      1. Enter your full name and email address
      2. Upload a photograph of your entire receipt showing the purchase of the promotional product with date and time of purchase and receipt code clearly showing
      3. For refund provide bank details (sort code and account number)
    2. Kellogg’s and the associated promotional Partners are committed to keeping you safe online. Any information that you provide is held with the utmost care and security. Your details will be used for the purpose of fulfilling the promotion only, unless otherwise opted in.
    3. No claims from agents, third parties, or organised groups will be accepted. Incomplete or illegible claims or those not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected.
    4. Only one claim, per person per bank account; consumers may only claim a refund for a single product from the four products listed, not one for each. Receipts may only be used once. For the avoidance of doubt, a ‘bank account’ is classified as a unique name, sort code and account number
    5. Each valid claim will receive a refund via BACS transfer for the amount shown on the till receipt to a maximum of £3.99/€4.48. The amount will be made payable to the name stated on the claim. Please ensure your name is typed correctly and matches the name of the account holder. BACS payment will be administered by Mad About Handling (UK) and Promotions Interactive (ROI)
    6. By claiming, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter’s partners: Umbrella Risk Management Ltd, Mad About Handling and Promotions Interactive for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 2018 or equivalent legislation in Ireland.
    7. Personal details including bank details will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling the campaign and will be held on file until 15th May 2020. If you would like details removed prior to this date, please contact help@WKKTryMeFree.com
    8. Click https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/en_GB/privacy-policy.html for the Promoter’s Privacy Policy. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
    9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all claims and to refuse to award claims where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s requirements.
    10. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promotion from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
    11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK or in Ireland, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
    12. Your rights to claim a refund for a faulty product under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and equivalent legislation in Ireland remain unaffected and this “Try Me Free” is in addition to those legal rights.
    • monkeybusiness
    • By monkeybusiness 17th Sep 19, 12:41 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    monkeybusiness
    Cadbury & Mr Kipling
    Spotted in Asda on the baking aisle, boxes of Mr Kipling cake mixes on a like me or your money back offer as well as Cadbury and Mr Kipling tubs of buttercream - same offer. One per household, money refunded within 21 days to bank account.
    • shione
    • By shione 25th Sep 19, 7:25 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 1,722 Thanks
    shione
    Spotted in Asda on the baking aisle, boxes of Mr Kipling cake mixes on a like me or your money back offer as well as Cadbury and Mr Kipling tubs of buttercream - same offer. One per household, money refunded within 21 days to bank account.
    Originally posted by monkeybusiness
    Don`t know if I am too blame but I had trouble submitting claim. it would not go through.

Had the same problem with the Cadburys TMF but that was sorted out by sending email and then they phoned me to get my bank details.

Hope others do not have the same problem.
    • djjunk
    • By djjunk 30th Sep 19, 3:43 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    djjunk
    Dolmio

I received a refund today, it was super quick and painless
    • monkeybusiness
    • By monkeybusiness 1st Oct 19, 12:23 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    monkeybusiness
    Don`t know if I am too blame but I had trouble submitting claim. it would not go through.

Had the same problem with the Cadburys TMF but that was sorted out by sending email and then they phoned me to get my bank details.

Hope others do not have the same problem.
    Originally posted by shione
    This happened to me too - it wouldn't read the till receipt that I submitted electronically so I had to email them - they are manually paying it in to my account instead.
    • bananapocket70
    • By bananapocket70 6th Oct 19, 9:03 AM
    • 181 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    bananapocket70
    Mr Kipling MBG
    This happened to me too - it wouldn't read the till receipt that I submitted electronically so I had to email them - they are manually paying it in to my account instead.
    Originally posted by monkeybusiness
    Same problem here. I emailed them last week but so far no reply. How long before they contacted you and which email address did you use please.
    • djjunk
    • By djjunk 7th Oct 19, 11:33 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    djjunk
    Feathrs (TMF)

Sold in Superdrug. There are 4 to choose from.You need a Paypal account for a refund.

http://feathrs.yousay.org/

https://www.superdrug.com/b/Feathrs
    • purcel
    • By purcel 13th Oct 19, 5:21 PM
    • 1,441 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    purcel
    [QUOTE=djjunk;76356298]Feathrs (TMF)

Sold in Superdrug. There are 4 to choose from.You need a Paypal account for a refund.

On offer at the moment
    Last edited by purcel; 14-10-2019 at 6:42 AM.
    • dugsie
    • By dugsie 29th Oct 19, 6:26 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 6,188 Thanks
    dugsie
    Nescafe Gold Blend MBG.
    Sorry I did not stop to read all the details. Sticker on jar.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 30th Oct 19, 8:49 AM
    • 5,427 Posts
    • 62,130 Thanks
    gocat
    [QUOTE=purcel;76379018]
    Feathrs (TMF)

On offer at the moment
    Originally posted by djjunk
    Dont think this just has to be superdrug. I filled in the form (havent bought product yet) and when I got to where did you buy it from a drop down list appeared and amazon was in the list (cant remember the others but think boots was there). So I had a look on Amazon and the products are there. The ingrown hair one shows as £45 but the others were just a bit dearer than superdrugs. hth.
    • anna1976
    • By anna1976 30th Oct 19, 2:45 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    anna1976
    Nescafe MBG
    https://www.nescafe.com/gb/our-campaigns/love-the-taste-terms-conditions

If you don't complete the process through Shopmium, you won't be able to get your money back.
    Last edited by anna1976; 30-10-2019 at 2:49 PM. Reason: Additional information
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

456Posts Today

4,733Users online

Martin's Twitter