Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teebird
    • By teebird 20th Jan 16, 7:53 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 131Thanks
    teebird
    SCAM WARNING-City Council Court??!
    • 20th Jan 16, 7:53 PM
    SCAM WARNING-City Council Court??! 20th Jan 16 at 7:53 PM
    Hi everyone,
    Im in Northern Ireland and was contacted by some people claiming to be from the Despatch team of City County Court of London with a cheque for me from a PPI claim. I have been making claims so it sounded possible.
    The format was very similar to previous posters. I was first told that I would have to show paysafe vouchers to the courier and he would give me the cheque. The guy said the paysafe vouchers would be collected by another courier once I had confirmed that the cheque had cleared in my bank account. Again this sounded fair.
    But at 4pm no courier arrived and at 4.30 I got another phone call from their validation department asking for the 16 digit codes so they could validate my paysafe vouchers. I refused telling him I wouldnt do that until I had received the cheque and it had cleared. After some to,ing and fro,ing he gave up. This was in early December.
    They contacted me again yesterday. This time I asked for an address and phone number and said I would phone them back. He gave address 137 Finchley road, London
    020 8133 4385 ask for Martin or Alec Cooper

This scam comes up on google as going on from 2012!
    They are insistent that their method is government approved and that they cant use the vouchers by just having the PIN codes.
    !!!!THIS IS A LIE!!!!

I'm now locked in an email procedure while trying to get a refund of these Paysafe vouchers.
    I hope no-one else gets stuck in this situation
    • Seventh Prevent
    • By Seventh Prevent 1st Oct 19, 1:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Seventh Prevent
    This Scam has raised its ugly head again, although PPI has ended up until August 2019 the fictitious Financial Advisor Steven Walker 0208 638 8572 and accomplice a Ms Pamela Taylor of ( PPI Claims line UK, 137 Finchley Road - which is a block of flats ) were scamming elderly and vulnerable people into believing they were owed large tax rebates from the Government , so were tricked into sending what they called a finders fee in cash instalments to a Solicitors Based in Bracknell to move there cases along swiftly. The address given 4 WOKINGHAM ROAD, BRACKNELL RG42 1PD is actually the home of none other than Ms Pamela Taylor ( accomplice and scammer ) She receives the stolen cash which is then divided up between herself and mastermind Steven Walker.

This in itself is a break through as Action Fraud never had a actual UK address to pin this to , but Ms Pamela Taylor (her real name) does reside at that address so anyone affected by this scam in the past this is the UK base for this long running Scam.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,136Users online

Martin's Twitter