photocopier fraud

Hi,

I have recently signed up a photocopier contract.

Before signed up. the sale person said they offer us a week trial period and agreed with me the price per click. said if the photocopier is not suitable, he will take it back and issue a full refund.

when the copier is delivered, they doubled the quote per click immediately, by setting up the meter in their favour. We notified them on the same day asking return. But the salesman said " I Can NOT recall me offered the trial period and the click price, because I talked to many people, If went to return, prove it in a written document.''

The problem is I don't have any written docs. The salesman never replies by email or text. only talk face to face or via phone. so I don't have any record to prove it.

can I get some advice? can anyone share a similar experience, and where I can get advise? need a solictor?

Thanks

Comments

• Sounds like you are a business therefore you have no consumer rights.
    You need to speak with citizens advice or a solicitor if you have no contract to know your rights.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    It's your word against theirs so legal action will be your only recourse.

You could turn the tables - don't pay and ask them to provide evidence that a contract exists.
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dj1471 wrote: »
    It's your word against theirs so legal action will be your only recourse.

You could turn the tables - don't pay and ask them to provide evidence that a contract exists.
    I suspect there is a written contract that reflects the higher price, just not one that reflects the fake discounts offered verbally.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 August 2019 at 11:27AM
    It's a 'straightforward' contractual dispute.

Start by stating in writing to the company what you understand the contract terms to be.

If the company dispute them, and you cannot reach agreement, I guess the end result might be legal action.

If the company already have your money, and you feel they owe it back - you'll have to make a court claim against them.

If the company don't yet have your money, and they feel you owe it to them - they'll have to make a court claim against you.

If Direct Debits and/or Continuous Payment Authorities on a card have been set up, you might want to cancel those until the dispute is resolved. (In the meantime, if you want, you could make whatever payments you believe you owe by other means.)
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As already stated there will be a contract. one the OP probably didn't read properly.

OP time to read this contract, what you signed is what you're held to.
  • bris wrote: »

OP time to read this contract, what you signed is what you're held to.

The time for reading the contract was BEFORE signing it - what a way to run a business. Hopefully OP will learn from their mistake and read contracts with greater attention.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Companies ripping people off for photocopier sales are not uncommon.
    Do more research on the company
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,802 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    hollydays - if it's a spam post, then don't repeat the website address in your own post ! I've also tagged yours as spam so that hopefully it will be removed .....
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2019 at 10:36AM
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    hollydays - if it's a spam post, then don't repeat the website address in your own post ! I've also tagged yours as spam so that hopefully it will be removed .....

I haven't put the www In, no one can connect to it, is that wrong?
    I was hoping to flag it up in google as spam or phishing
  • Hi,

I have recently signed up a photocopier contract.

Before signed up. the sale person said they offer us a week trial period and agreed with me the price per click. said if the photocopier is not suitable, he will take it back and issue a full refund.

when the copier is delivered, they doubled the quote per click immediately, by setting up the meter in their favour. We notified them on the same day asking return. But the salesman said " I Can NOT recall me offered the trial period and the click price, because I talked to many people, If went to return, prove it in a written document.''

The problem is I don't have any written docs. The salesman never replies by email or text. only talk face to face or via phone. so I don't have any record to prove it.

can I get some advice? can anyone share a similar experience, and where I can get advise? need a solictor?

Thanks
    Jesse321 wrote: »
    You could not take legal action against him because for any legal action you should have written document proof.

So this is reason behind i always recommended to my fellows, if you want to purchase or lease any thing prefer reliable company and read out full terms and conditions.

I have a copier machine on leasing from a company. I am fully satisfied from their services.

Strange coincidence that @waterloo2008 signs up to the site to post about an unknown copier leasing firm and then @Jesse321 manages to find the new post, signs up and points us all in the right direction for a 'reliable' service provider.

Shame the mods have removed your link, better luck next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure