Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 5,102Posts
    • 25,414Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner?
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner? 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 05-01-2019 at 7:41 PM.
Page 94
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 2nd Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    • 8,194 Posts
    • 54,268 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I suddenly have a hankering for egg and chips - although annoyingly I only have 2 eggs left as I hard boiled two last night, so it will depend on what OH wants too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 2nd Jul 18, 7:40 PM
    • 8,194 Posts
    • 54,268 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Ended up being LO takeaway from Sat evening - followed by a white choc magnum
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 3rd Jul 18, 12:09 AM
    • 5,102 Posts
    • 25,414 Thanks
    JIL
    I cooked the chicken I had got for yesterday's dinner, today along with some jacket potatoes, which I scooped out, mashed with cheese and spring onions, refilled the skins and baked again.
    I had some tuna and hard-boiled egg.
    We had this with salad and the leftover salads from yesterday's BBQ. I'm on my own tomorrow night and looking forward to it.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 3rd Jul 18, 6:24 AM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 42,711 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Having a fridge clear out meal tonight

Field mushroom and Halloumi burgers (no bun for me), cheese croquettes, corn on the cob for the men, salad for all
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • klew356
    • By klew356 3rd Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 626 Posts
    • 2,925 Thanks
    klew356
    I made pasta bolognese last night after I had been out with the dog and he pottered about the garden. Particularly good batch with wholemeal pasta, trying to get into this, it tastes fine to me! so its PB again tonight after spin and tomorrow after the horses
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 3rd Jul 18, 8:23 AM
    • 13,865 Posts
    • 188,184 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Well we had the soup! it was just so steaming hot here yesterday that He Who Knows just had a salad at 9.30pm too hot before that and I'd gone past eating by then so I made some toast.

Today I'm cooking big mushrooms stuffed with low fat soft cheese, bacon strips and porcini mushroom powder and then a slice of cheddar on top and a drizzle of truffle oil at lunchtime and supper will be something cold and light when it cools enough in the evening to contemplate food.
    You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself!

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • maisymoo5
    • By maisymoo5 3rd Jul 18, 12:25 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    maisymoo5
    Tonight is stir fried beef strips with a peri rub, some grated cheddar, sliced mozzarella, salad and wholemeal wraps. Quick and easy.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 3rd Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    • 6,373 Posts
    • 37,198 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Prawn Grizzles
    King Prawns stir fried with Fridge Bitsers.

Garlic, chopped
    Chopped Celery
    Chopped Onions
    Chopped Mushrooms
    Chopped what's in the fridge
    Add chilli flakes
    Toss into hot pan.
    Mix over some chilli sauce.

Long Grain Rice, boiled not the Uncle Ben carp. Add egg if you want.

Enjoy.

All BoP's recipes are approved by BoPsie!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 3rd Jul 18, 8:15 PM
    • 8,194 Posts
    • 54,268 Thanks
    kerri gt
    just had a spinach and ricotta cannelloni which filled a gap while watching the football.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 4th Jul 18, 12:34 AM
    • 5,102 Posts
    • 25,414 Thanks
    JIL
    On my own so I had a hard boiled egg and half a cheesy jacket potato left over from yesterday, with some tomatoes and a piece of cheese.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 4th Jul 18, 6:25 AM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 42,711 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Spag Bol for the men, chicken salad for me
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 4th Jul 18, 7:27 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 5,829 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Got a piece of YS salmon which should do me, OH and some left over for lunches - not sure what to do it with, depends how hot it is later, salad and new pots or veg and rice
    Feb GC 54.80/200
    NSD target: Jan 15/20
    Bring Your Lunch to Work Target Jan 13/18
    1 a day: Jan 22.7/35
    Tesco CC Aug 18 10,151.56 9753.37 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 4321.80 3627.85 0% til Feb 20
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 4th Jul 18, 9:05 AM
    • 13,865 Posts
    • 188,184 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I cooked a whole pack of Jacketing potatoes yesterday when it was cooler in the evening, all 9 of them! So lunch today will be jacket potato with tinned dahl and grated cheese and a big mixed salad. Summer pudding for our pudding and the cup of coffee we so enjoy.

Change of lunch green bean salad in lemon mayo and courgette coins fried in a little butter with some Baharat seasoning and half a big jacket each with cheese melted on top, lovely!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 04-07-2018 at 3:48 PM.

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 4th Jul 18, 5:09 PM
    • 16,952 Posts
    • 145,137 Thanks
    JackieO
    Piece of Y/S salmon from the freezer a few jersey royal spuds and some steamed broccoli, with some diced up apple and grapes for pudding and a spoonful of yogurt on top
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 4th Jul 18, 5:36 PM
    • 5,573 Posts
    • 62,587 Thanks
    Jazee
    Gammon, egg and chips tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Nov 0 Total 2019 - 4583.20/5k
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 4th Jul 18, 8:25 PM
    • 8,194 Posts
    • 54,268 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Grilling fish fingers was my limit in the kitchen, had those with some mixed salad, tomatoes and hard boiled egg.

I have a stocking headache where it's so humid and clouded over here, wish it would just rain now
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 5th Jul 18, 6:58 AM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 42,711 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    I ended up having Spag Bol last night, with Courgette spaghetti, it was yummy

Busy day ahead, so just an easy dinner - frozen steak pie and chips for the men, and chicken salad for me.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 5th Jul 18, 7:06 AM
    • 16,952 Posts
    • 145,137 Thanks
    JackieO
    Stuffed peppers with salad, I will stuff them with some diced up mushroon and a little bit of crunchy bacon bits ,some grated cheese topped with dried stuffing mix and then wrapped in foil and cooked for 15 minutes in my remoska then I unwrap to crisp off the stuffing top, absolutely delicious and so savoury I may drizzle a bit of sweet chilli sauce inside as well.Great way to use up the odd left over green peper that seems to lurk in the fridge
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 5th Jul 18, 7:07 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 5,829 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    I cooked a whole pack of Jacketing potatoes yesterday when it was cooler in the evening, all 9 of them! So lunch today will be jacket potato with tinned dahl and grated cheese and a big mixed salad. Summer pudding for our pudding and the cup of coffee we so enjoy.

Change of lunch green bean salad in lemon mayo and courgette coins fried in a little butter with some Baharat seasoning and half a big jacket each with cheese melted on top, lovely!
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    I just love this idea, I'm so much more aware of how much electricity the oven uses now we've got a smart meter!

I cooked salmon last night so I roasted new pots, fennel bulbs, peppers and mushrooms in the oven too, delicious. It was a generous piece of salmon and I cut it in 3, thinking the I'd chop up the third, slightly smaller piece to go in our lunches, but OH got to it first and had seconds

Tonight is going to be something with eggs, I might just do a simple omelette and salad - not feeling like cooking much!
    Feb GC 54.80/200
    NSD target: Jan 15/20
    Bring Your Lunch to Work Target Jan 13/18
    1 a day: Jan 22.7/35
    Tesco CC Aug 18 10,151.56 9753.37 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 4321.80 3627.85 0% til Feb 20
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 5th Jul 18, 7:52 AM
    • 13,865 Posts
    • 188,184 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Pea and courgette risotto with a green salad and a goodly dusting of grated parmesan, summer pudding if we want it and our cup of coffee to finish.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,619Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter