Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 38
    • mrd_
    • By mrd_ 8th Jul 16, 10:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrd_
    Old thread but this was very useful to me while I was waiting so thought I'd post our experience.

11th May - App submitted by broker, received text/email from Nationwide to confirm receipt
    13th May - Text/email from Nationwide to say Valuation booked for 18th May
    18th May - Valuation completed
    19th May - Call from broker to tell me the surveyor requested a Structural Engineer's report as there was "evidence of structural movement"
    24th May - Structural Engineer visits property
    25th May - Nationwide request Gifted Deposit Form (via broker)
    3rd June - Structural Engineer's Report sent to broker, has to be sent to the original surveyor for review
    16th June - Broker confirms with Nationwide over phone that surveyor has come back with acceptable valuation
    22nd June - Text from Nationwide to say Valuation report received
    27th June - Text from Nationwide to say offer issued, broker sends me a copy via email
    2nd July - Offer received in post
    • velocity_girl
    • By velocity_girl 9th Jul 16, 9:38 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 55,021 Thanks
    velocity_girl
    Doing change of borrower and additional borrowing application (buying ex partner out of currently joint property) - did application in branch on Saturday, phone call from surveyor to book in valuation on Monday morning, valuation done on Wednesday afternoon, email on Friday morning to say offer issued. Called Nationwide and they sent me an email with a copy of the offer and valuation report there and then while I was on the phone.

Literally can't believe how quick and easy it was.
    2018 wins: Aspinal of London jewellery box, Boudavida gym outfit, HP Pavilion laptop, The List party tickets, All Points East festival tickets, Kiehls moisturiser, By Terry cc serum, Nars Liquid Bronzer, Benefit highlighter, Nars illuminator, Fresh advanced lip trio set, Cetaphil sample set, signed copy of My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent
    • swishy87
    • By swishy87 9th Jul 16, 10:09 PM
    • 195 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    swishy87
    Our application for a new build went in via the broker on Wednesday and valuation booked for Monday. I am really hoping it will be quick and painless!
    • cahillg81
    • By cahillg81 9th Jul 16, 11:08 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    cahillg81
    I used to work at Nationwide so I have experienced both sides of it.

Recently I had a head office referral that should have taken 72 hours to have looked at but the process was all wrong. I uploaded all required documents, there was a bit of complexity with the payslips so using my own experience from working there I uploaded a separate letter detailing what I was using and the logic behind it. Unfortunately many of Nationwide's tasks are now done offshore and between the people and India getting it wrong it being onshored to the UK and the people in Swindon not checking what the folk in India were getting wrong and the telephone bank staff not listening when I called. It took 27 days to get a Decision In Principle agreed.

That said, that was one extreme the case was submitted last Friday to full app, the valuation was done and the Case offered yesterday.

I have put 3 other cases to NWBS in the last month all offered within 10 days.

When it works it works well, when it doesn't it's a disaster imo. For what it's worth too may people are bothered about back end numbers and completed tasks and not about the customer. Task driven tasks need to be taken away and more case ownership brought in. It may slow the process down somewhat for many but I believe it would result in an overall better customer experience.
    I am a Mortgage & Protection Broker

MSE doesn't check my status so you have to take my word for it. Any information posted is for discussion only and should not be seen as advice. I am FCA Registered, registration details available on request.
    • retepetsir
    • By retepetsir 11th Jul 16, 11:00 AM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    retepetsir
    Very happy with my recent experience of re-mortgaging online via their website.

Completed application on Thursday evening and valuation completed ('no physical valuation required'), paperwork reviewed and mortgage offer in the post on the following Tuesday.

The Great Declutter Challenge - 876
    ------------------------
    • LplateSaver
    • By LplateSaver 11th Jul 16, 12:55 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    LplateSaver
    I'm looking at the online tracking on our account and it says Decision in principle - accept about 5 different times/days since the DIP was done end of May. What does this mean? It doesn't mean that they've done 5 different searches does it?
    • dalo
    • By dalo 11th Jul 16, 1:23 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    dalo
    Hoping to do all mine end of July with them!
    Quick question if you apply online do they let you email over payslips/statements etc?
    Thanks.
    • LplateSaver
    • By LplateSaver 11th Jul 16, 1:32 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    LplateSaver
    Quick question if you apply online do they let you email over payslips/statements etc?
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by dalo
    Yes. We applied by phone and emailed over most stuff, dropped some into branch for them to scan at the counter but that was our choice.
    • cahillg81
    • By cahillg81 11th Jul 16, 2:46 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    cahillg81
    I'm looking at the online tracking on our account and it says Decision in principle - accept about 5 different times/days since the DIP was done end of May. What does this mean? It doesn't mean that they've done 5 different searches does it?
    Originally posted by LplateSaver
    No unless there were material changes like name/date of birth/address etc. More than likely its a change to income and outgoings.

MSE doesn't check my status so you have to take my word for it. Any information posted is for discussion only and should not be seen as advice. I am FCA Registered, registration details available on request.
    • cahillg81
    • By cahillg81 11th Jul 16, 2:47 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    cahillg81
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by dalo
    If they were originally from an online source then yes, if not they have to be originals or certified copies.

• Odeta
    • By Odeta 23rd May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Odeta
    House valuation review
    We buying a house as first time buyers, everything was fast till house valuation review...Valuation has been done very quickly, but we still waiting review... House valuation has been done 09/05/17 and today 23/05/17 no any news...
    Our adviser chased up with bank a couple times , but they not replay to him !!!
    We can't be at offer stage while bank totally ignoring even adviser !
    • anniepixie
    • By anniepixie 23rd May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anniepixie
    I too have been waiting for over 3 weeks to get a response from Nationwide, they say they haven't received our payslips (they had them 3 weeks ago!) and then we were told us there was a glitch in their system. Apparently our application has now gone to head office to be assessed. We are in a chain and needed an answer 2 weeks ago. Our mortgage adviser had chased daily and made over 40 calls but they continue to tell us we will have an answer at the end of the day, still nothing!
    Surely it shouldn't take 3 weeks to get an answer!
    • desperatelyseekingcredit
    • By desperatelyseekingcredit 20th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    desperatelyseekingcredit
    We're having a similar issue to those above, can anyone tell me if this is normal, we're also using a broker:

Application Sent and Accepted: 07-06-2017
    Text to Confirm Valuation Booked: 08-06-2017
    Text to Confirm Valuation Report Received: 14-06-2017

and nothing since. I'm sure on there guide it says they should review within 48 hours.

I'm now concerned that the valuation is lower etc. I also want to instruct the solicitor to the do the searches, but wary of doing this until the offer comes through.

Anyone else in a similar position? Am I worrying for no reason?
    • Returntosender
    • By Returntosender 29th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Returntosender
    We're FTB and are using Nationwide for our mortgage. Our valuation was yesterday and now I'm bricking it. It's an old house (Victorian terrace) and I'm nervous. No idea when we'll find out the results of the valuation. Also, it says they're still waiting to approve our statements/proof of deposit that we emailed over when we applied. Eeek.
    • chrisreeder3
    • By chrisreeder3 26th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chrisreeder3
    Applied for a Nationwide mortgage through a broker on the 4th July, with the promise to have a surveyor booked the week after. 2 weeks later nothing had been heard from Nationwide about this so broker and I both chased Nationwide to see whats going on. Promised it will be booked in and completed within the next 5 working days. Lets see if this happens.....!!
    • desperatelyseekingcredit
    • By desperatelyseekingcredit 31st Jul 17, 12:30 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    desperatelyseekingcredit
    Applied for a Nationwide mortgage through a broker on the 4th July, with the promise to have a surveyor booked the week after. 2 weeks later nothing had been heard from Nationwide about this so broker and I both chased Nationwide to see whats going on. Promised it will be booked in and completed within the next 5 working days. Lets see if this happens.....!!
    Originally posted by chrisreeder3
    Any news? We're still waiting! Apparently there was a technical error on the system - so we're now waiting for then to sort that out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,061Posts Today

8,362Users online

Martin's Twitter