Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dunree
    • By Dunree 2nd Sep 12, 9:23 AM
    • 364Posts
    • 163Thanks
    Dunree
    Noddle, how often do they update?
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:23 AM
    Noddle, how often do they update? 2nd Sep 12 at 9:23 AM
    Just had a look at my ''file''.

They seem to be way out on what I actually owe, by roughly 4000.

Should I take any notice of this?

Dunree
    Life is now good
Page 1
  • BugsyBrowne
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:26 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:26 AM
    Just had a look at my ''file''.

They seem to be way out on what I actually owe, by roughly 4000.

Should I take any notice of this?

Dunree
    Originally posted by Dunree
    Considering no credit reference uses them I wouldn't worry what's on their TBH.
    Where is if Equifax or Experian are out by 4k then you should take notice.
    • Dunree
    • By Dunree 2nd Sep 12, 9:32 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    Dunree
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:32 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:32 AM
    Considering no credit reference uses them I wouldn't worry what's on their TBH.
    Where is if Equifax or Experian are out by 4k then you should take notice.
    Originally posted by BugsyBrowne
    Hi Bugsy,

Just checked Experian, out by 4800ish, but in fairness to them, last update was 12th August.

Life is now good
  • BugsyBrowne
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:40 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:40 AM
    Hi Bugsy,

Just checked Experian, out by 4800ish, but in fairness to them, last update was 12th August.

Noodle is not live report so to say like the other CRA's,noodle does all their updates every 30 days.
    • Dunree
    • By Dunree 2nd Sep 12, 9:47 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    Dunree
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:47 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:47 AM
    Does that mean that Experian and Equifax are?

I've paid off a Black horse loan and substantially reduced my CC balances lately, but this doesn't show on my Experian
    Life is now good
  • BugsyBrowne
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:52 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 9:52 AM
    Does that mean that Experian and Equifax are?

I've paid off a Black horse loan and substantially reduced my CC balances lately, but this doesn't show on my Experian
    Look on your Equifax or experian Reports and find out when black horse last updated your loan payments that will give you a guesstimate.

I paid off a loan and the CRA's took about 6 weeks to update it.
    • Dunree
    • By Dunree 2nd Sep 12, 10:23 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    Dunree
    • 2nd Sep 12, 10:23 AM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 10:23 AM
    Will do
    Life is now good
    • oscar52
    • By oscar52 2nd Sep 12, 3:51 PM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    oscar52
    • 2nd Sep 12, 3:51 PM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 3:51 PM
    Noodle is not live report so to say like the other CRA's,noodle does all their updates every 30 days.
    Originally posted by BugsyBrowne
    Neither are Equifax or Experian (or Call Credit form which Noddle pulls its data)

Each lender updates the CRAs once a month. If all your accounts happen to update on the 16, then probably by the 18 this will be reflected. Obviously, most peoples accounts update on different days of the month, so some may be more updated than others.

Cant say I am awae of ANY lender that provides a live, real time feed update to the CRAs
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • BugsyBrowne
    • 2nd Sep 12, 4:01 PM
    • 2nd Sep 12, 4:01 PM
    Neither are Equifax or Experian (or Call Credit form which Noddle pulls its data)

Each lender updates the CRAs once a month. If all your accounts happen to update on the 16, then probably by the 18 this will be reflected. Obviously, most peoples accounts update on different days of the month, so some may be more updated than others.

Cant say I am awae of ANY lender that provides a live, real time feed update to the CRAs
    Originally posted by oscar52
    As in credit searches where as noodle don't.
    • Gromitt
    • By Gromitt 2nd Sep 12, 5:02 PM
    • 4,981 Posts
    • 2,384 Thanks
    Gromitt
    Thats noddle marketing for you, they say there's no need to check your report more than once a month, but if you want it, you can pay to get the current live report. I wouldn't pay myself as only a few lenders actually use them.

I use them monthly since its free and about twice a year I check Experian/Equifax.
    • cos
    • By cos 2nd Sep 12, 5:50 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    cos
    I'm happy with Noddle, recognising the view I get is just the same as the snapshot I get if I pay the other CRAs (or even Call Credit, of course) two quid. They seem to have all my info, just like the other two, so I save a few bob

I'm not sure why people would need 'live' info from the CRAs. A quick response, yes, but 'live'?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 3rd Sep 12, 3:38 PM
    • 4,301 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Noddle update once per month on the last day of the month. Whether it's up to date depends on the date when a lender/service/bank/etc updates. For example Vanquis update on the last day of the month too so the information for Vanquis on Noddle is always a month behind. I look on my Noddle account now on 3rd September and I see "Vanquis Bank Ltd updated 31/07/2012.
    • Dunree
    • By Dunree 3rd Sep 12, 6:10 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    Dunree
    Just had another look at Experian.

They updated most of my stuff on the 12th August, I'll wait till the middle of the month before I look again
    Life is now good
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,324Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter