Can Severe Disability Premium be backdated?

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,945
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mikey_bach wrote: »
    Its impossible to get SDP on I.S if you are only receiving low rate DLA care...
    As said it has to be middle rate or higher before entitlement to SDP can even be considered.

Its sounds like DP to me, the disability premium, this is awarded on I.S to anyone who has DLA care or mobility, including the lowest rate.

DP is not awarded on ESA, but SDP and EDP can be if the correct rates of DLA are in payment and the customer meets the qualifying criteria..

there are 3 rates of disability premium on IS

disability premiun
    severe disability premium
    enhanced disability premium.

i think the poster was confusing the disability with the severe disability premiums
  • nannytone wrote: »

disability premiun

i think the poster was confusing the disability with the severe disability premiums

a lot of people get confused with these premiums...
    I agree
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    nannytone wrote: »

disability premiun

This is terrible by DWP - very confusion of this! No ones not sure which one is the correct one!
  • nannytone wrote: »

disability premiun

Oh my bad I didn't realise there was different types??? Yes I get disability premium on top of my income support and I get low rate care sorry for the confusion.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,945
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    flight747 wrote: »
    This is terrible by DWP - very confusion of this! No ones not sure which one is the correct one!

there are plenty of is that are sure!

low rate care,

IS ...... disability premium
    ESA .... no premium

mid rste csre
    IS ..... severe disability premium
    ESA .... severe disability premium

High rate care
    IS ..... enhanced disability premium
    ESA .... enhanced disability premium

the only difference is the award of low eare care, and as previously stated, this is covered by the higher rate with ESA
  • emmafifema wrote: »
    So you get SDP whilst recieving low rate care DLA?

No.

I got SDP when i was on Mid rate care DLA but do not get it now because i have been awarded Low rate DLA.

You do not get SDP with Low Rate care
  • emmafifema
    emmafifema Posts: 412 Forumite
    Thanks so much for all your replies you have really helped me.....I am still on assessment phase for ESA so I'm only getting the £71 per week. It's good to know that I should get £99 or £105 when it's sorted though. I've never been so skint in all my life as I am now that I am unable to work....I hope my health problems get sorted quickly as I need to be working and earning to support myself and my son!
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    The government are considering to abolishing disability premium,
    severe disability premium and enhanced disability premium under PIP.
  • hi im recieving employment support allowance and is in support group and im also recieving dla middle rate care. i recieved dla since oct 2008 and im going to apply for severe disibility premium will my disibility premium get backdated from october 2008 because of my dla?
  • hi im recieving employment support allowance and is in support group and im also recieving dla middle rate care. i recieved dla since oct 2008 and im going to apply for severe disibility premium will my disibility premium get backdated from october 2008 because of my dla?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure