disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Comments

• Ecokev
    Ecokev Posts: 38 Forumite
    Afraid you lot are not alone, all the big company's struggle this time of year and pay stupid day rates to the likes of myself to cover them, their problem is they don't have a massive employment sector and sub most things out, then when it gets really busy they can't cover the differance in supply and demand, I'd always advise getting someone local, they would've of sorted it by now
  • Hi Graeme

Never got any reply from yourself or anyone else for that matter......

STILL NOT FIXED, STILL being treated with total disrespect.

See below, would love to know how you think this is acceptable?

** Update of the below Complaint**
    I have not received any communication from SP what so ever, this says everything about the poor level of service that you offer your customers.

I can't believe that you are letting me live in these conditions.

I called HomeCare and was told the parts were in and booked an engineer to fit at the next free appointment - Tuesday 20th.

I called the day before - Monday to confirm the appointment and to check all 4 parts were in stock - YES I'm told.

I receive a telephone call from the engineer in the morning confirming the appointment at between 3-5pm.

I book the time off work - unpaid.

At 4:45pm after I called SP, I get a call back to tell me that the engineer doesn't have the parts and so wont be coming, it actually turns out that NO parts have been ordered yet, so after waiting 2 weeks i'm not further.

I have spent the rest of the afternoon, and evening, being transferred from one department to another to try and get any answers about what is happening, I have to say that everyone in your call centres are so rude and unhelpful.

I'm told by SP Customer Services is nothing to do with them.

I'm told by HomeComfort that they have no answers for me?

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?

I wanted to write to express my deep dissatisfaction with the level of service offered by home comfort.

We have been without any heating and hot water since last Friday. Living in these conditions during winter is making home life almost impossible.

The level of communication and respect when contacting the call centre is unacceptable.

Waiting time for calls to be answered are over 30 mins.

Advisors don't call back when the say them will.

I called on Friday when their systems were down and was promised a call back, I am still waiting for this to happen.

I have requested to speak to a supervisor, I am still waiting for this to happen.

The team who answer the calls are rude and unhelpful. They don't seem to be empowered to solve any customer service issues.

I feel it is unacceptable that our replacement parts HAVE come in, yet they "can't fit me in until next tuesday, as they have more important jobs to complete first"

We have had a number of engineers to our home, they leave before testing the system telling us that everything is working fine, then we find nothing is still working. How is this acceptable? When I called the helpline to report this, I get screamed up telling me the problem has been sorted.

We can't even have the COLD water turned on in our home, as when we do water floods out the bottom of our boiler, so when we want to use the toilet we have to turn on the water then run and turn it off again before it causes any more damage to our home. Water has already leaked though the ceiling into the room below.

I truly believe that you can't accept customers to live like this.

Iain
  • Ecokev
    Can I ask what boiler you have and what the problem is
  • vpb23
    vpb23 Posts: 225
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi sp I would like to make a huge complaint! Rang as an emergency as our heating would not come on and no hot water, told 3 or 4 days before some one could come out, regardless go having 3 children in house... 1 of which only 2! No phone call as promised he just showed up, said we needed circuit board and we had to ring bak that nite to order it!! Rang back to be told oh their closed now parts won't be ordered til tomorrow and that they would ring me when part in...4 days later I rang to check and yes the parts had been sitting there with no phone call.. They came out 3 days later, the Friday before Xmas day... Xmas day the boiler packs in with same fault and error code! Rang sp \ carillion to be told would be another 3 days for someone to come out again to look at it AGAIN! Again no interest that I have a baby in house. This is despicable and a total cheek calling it emergency service! I expect we will be left another week or so while parts are ordered or they figure out this time the correct diagnosis. My mil works for saltire and I am ensured there is a legal time limit on leaving young children without heating and water and I am looking into this to issue a major formal complaint .

Carillion and Scottish power ...you need to sort your service out... It's not worth the paper it's written on. I shall be moving my insurance to saltire after this and not settling until my complaint has been heard!

Sincerely

A very angry mother
    Baby Numner 4 due 7th May 2016 :heart::dance:
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just thought i would give an update to my issue;

After initally receiving a call from SP customer services stating they have got my complaint email, she stated that she would call me the following day (21/12/2011) to give me an update after she chased Carillion, the following day i had not had a call come lunch time, so called SP myself, i spoke to a nice gentleman who said the rep looking in to my call was not around, however he would email her to contact me to give me an update. After 10 minutes i get a call back from the SP gentleman stating that the rep looking after my call was now on xmas holiday, having had an out of office email from her email account! How the hell was she to give me an update when she knew full well she was on holiday!? thank you Mary (her name), its a pity she was not as good as the gentleman i spoke with who advised he would escalate, however would be on holiday the following day himself, so would be unable to chase.

On the 22nd i had a call from SP stating that the parts had been ordered on the 20th and would arrive by friday 23rd (3 days for parts to arrive! how can amazon deliver next day but SP/Carillion cannot), i asked if they would be fitted before xmas? 'Yes sir, they will'. On the 23rd i was again contacted by SP who stated 'Hello sir, your parts are in and ready to fit' 'Great says i, when'....'We've booked you in for the 28th'! WHAT!!, i told him this is not acceptable and advise him with regards to their T&C, which state in an emergency they will attend over a weekend or bank holiday, the gentleman states he will escalate my issue.....

I then contacted my home insurance as i have emergency cover with them, within hours an engineer was at my house (Take note SP/Carillion....Hours, not days or weeks, HOURS), he stated that he didnt have the parts required, however he could get my central heating back on; within 5 minutes of him atending my house the heating was running! Not a full fix however, but warm....Thank you very much CosyWarm Heating. The engineer did state that he was shocked that any trained engineer would have left us with no heating as he had, he did state that it was an easy enough work around.

Yesterday 28th i had a card pushed through my door from Carillion stating i was not home at 13.30 when they came to fit my new parts.....strange, because me and my 4 year old son were in....mmmmm, we did go out in the afternonn but this was after 14.00.......Yet another call to SP and i demanded to speak with their complaints dept; After being passed from pillar to post i finally spoke with a rather arrogant gentleman, who went through the details of my issue with me, to ensure he had all the 'Facts', so for the umpteenth time i stated what had happened, when i told him i had a card from Carillion through my door, he stated 'You ASSUME Carillion where there to fix your boiler' Why else would they be there!!?? i told him i contacted them, so KNEW what they were there for! I then told him that i had contacted my home insurance and got an emergency engineer out to get the heating on, he then states ' Well nobody forced you to do that'!! WHHAAT!! i told him in no uncertain terms that i shouldnt have to pay them for a product they cant supply, then get someone else to do it.... and that any parent would do the same, he then starts to back peddle, stating that he didnt mean it like that, oh really! 'I'll get you another appointment booked he states'

Apparently they are coming today to fit new parts, we'll see......out of all this sorry saga the only one who has been honest was the original engineer (albeit a not very good one) who said the parts wouldnt be fitted come xmas...

The really annoying thing with all this is that i am paying SP to cover any emergency breakdowns, they obviously cannot provide a good enough service and i have now lost 15 years no claims on my home insurance because of these people...not happy
  • dom2599
    Forumite
    edited 29 December 2011 at 6:45PM
    Well...engineers turned up and suprise, suprise..........the wrong parts have been ordered......you couldnt make this up! He has been told in to uncertain terms that he dose not leave me without any heating....
  • Ecokev
    Again what boiler and what's wrong with it, I'd be very interested
  • dom2599
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2011 at 6:14PM
    Ecokev wrote: »
    Again what boiler and what's wrong with it, I'd be very interested

Hi Ekokev,

It's a Baxi Duotec HE24, a very popular boiler so i am told....also, Carillion who sent their engineer out said they 'usually' only have parts for Ideal boilers!? Also the parts came from that far off place called Preston.....150 miles away from me...took 4 days to get delivered...
  • Ecokev
    A lot of parts for baxi come from Preston as they are owned by a bigger company with a lot of other sister company's, I bet you could walk into a local parts centre and get the part, of not next day minimum, carillon sound like they are part of the home serve set up, all they fitted was ideal Icos and ideal isars, hence they have so much of that as stock, what is the fault with the boiler, Baxi parts are very easy to get hold of, I'd be tempted to find out what part, get it and tell them to fit and charge them for part, or in your case I'd gather they have broken all sorts of contract agreements, I've done this for people in your situation where I've brought parts dn fitted for customer then they forward my bill to company claiming bad service/breach of contract, you'll find they wil pay with compensation, hope that helps
  • :mad:I've been without hot water since the 4th December 2011 it took until the 13th for an engineer to come and tell me a new board was needed it then took until the 20th, after many phone calls, because they do not call, for another engineer to arrive and after about an hour he told me he had fixed it. When he left I tried the hot water to find it was still cold, luckily I had his mobile number so I called him "Oh yes", he said "I need to order another part". Why did he tell me it was fixed?. I called HIS office to be told I would have to call Scottish Power which I did to be told another part will need to be ordered and they would call me. On the 24th I called SP, funny that, NO, they didn't call me!!!!. I was told it takes 2 to 5 days to get the parts in, I said I will go round the corner, buy the parts and their engineer can fit them OH NO thats against policy and they would call me on the 28th to confirm the new part had arrived. On the 29th I called THEM, I had forgotten they do not keep their word, Yes the part had just come in and an engineer could call on Tuesday 3rd January 2012. If it is not fixed this time I will get a proper company in, get it fixed and bill SP for the cost of the repair and the cost of losing 3 days pay. I did make an official complaint to SP customer services who were also going to call me on the 28th December 2011 = still waiting, can't be bothered with them anymore, I will go elsewhere to a proper company - TO ANY COMPANY BAR SP or their associates.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure