IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Owner left site - UKPC and Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Comments

• Hi

I have had a ticket from a similar company and it has been passed to a DCA now too. I got the same letter as you about a month ago and no one has turned up yet to take the TV so dont worry too much

PNP
  • Why do some people find parking rules so hard to understand.

If the sign says "You are not allowed to leave the site" then you mustn't leave the site.

Some people's logic seems a little warped.

So, Orangesteve

Does that mean they have to live there forever ? As according to your instructions, they are not allowed to leave. What about when they want to go to work :rotfl:
  • HXL
    HXL Posts: 1 Newbie
    larryuk wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some reassurance! Think I'm OK but just want to make sure!

Back in August my car was parked in local retail car park and got a ticket slapped on it by UKPC Ltd for the contravention of "Owner left the site"

I had a notice through the post a few days later and then a final reminder a week or so ago. Today I have received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. They state that their letter is a notice of Intended Litigation, and unless the charge is paid within 10 days their solicitors may take legal action which could lead to a CCJ. They state their enforcement options include:
    • Warrant of execution by bailiffs against goods owned
    • An attachment of earnings order
    • your personal effects being sold to pay the amount at judgement
    OK, so up until now I have completely ignored everything. Am I right to think that it is safe to continue to ignore this latest letter?
    As far as I am aware, bailiffs cannot enter my premises unless under a court appointed warrant, correct?

Oh, and the charge has gone up from £90 to £141.75 - Are they seriously saying that it has cost them £51.75 to just send me a letter?

Any reassurance?

I have the same thing happened to me last month, parked my car in the retail park at 8:35am,and the Mothercare shop opens from 9am, so I went to town first instead of waiting for the shop to open. I got a ticket on my car when I came back says 'Owner left the site' at 8:35am. Anyway I sent them a letter, they responed and I didn't pay, and they send me the bill for £90, I didn't pay, and the Debt Recovery Plus sent me a bill for £141.75, I didn't pay, today I received another letter again, but I am not planning to pay, see what they are going to do to me.
  • Hi, just joining the conversation here because......wait for it......We recieved a letter also today threatening court action 400 miles from where we live ( and the carpark my wife accidently parked in !!!!), how can they threten that???, also all the other extras mentioned so far like, a CCJ and Baliffs comming to the house ect....
    We have been given seven days to pay otherwise "legal papers will be lodged" in Liverpool.
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PAPERS ARE LODGED?, and what do you do to mount a defence???
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2009 at 7:24PM
    they wont lodge them they dont have a chance in hell of winning..

i got one of town and city for parking in asda on double yellow lines! hmm like they are legal on private land errr no..
    even tho i wasnt parked i was picking my sister up with her shopping.. he said something to her so i told him to apologise or get knocked out.. he promptly !!!!!!ed off into asda..
    they are chancers pure and simple trying to frighten you into paying.. nothing will happen. i got one 3 years back which i ignored and am still waiting on court action haha
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • northern5
    northern5 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Firstly debt recovery plus have powers to take you to court, the PPC must do it. If they ever did then it would be transferred to a court of your choice (eg the one nearest to you).

These sorts of cases never get taken to court because a) they are writing the registered keeper who may be the driver, but the PPC don't know for sure. Secondly, how can they prove the RK left the site, did they film at all times. Mr. clamper saying "I saw him" isn't really that convincing!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    northern5 wrote: »
    Firstly debt recovery plus have powers to take you to court, the PPC must do it. If they ever did then it would be transferred to a court of your choice (eg the one nearest to you).

These sorts of cases never get taken to court because a) they are writing the registered keeper who may be the driver, but the PPC don't know for sure. Secondly, how can they prove the RK left the site, did they film at all times. Mr. clamper saying "I saw him" isn't really that convincing!

...and thirdly (and most importantly as far as the scammers are concerned) - they would be laughed out of Court with the amount they try to hit people with! By law, they cannot claim anything for trespass except consequential loss (= zero in a free car park, never mind their stupid 'rules').

It is a scandal that these PPC people are not thrown into jail for extortion.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hey all!!! Im new to this, 4t I wud join cos im sick of gettin these letters from debt recovery plus telling me to pay £147.50, which is a stupid amount for a parking ticket, plus they have the wrong surname on the letters, DVLA have game them my previous surname not my current one which is on my driving license n all other documents, at the moment there threatening intended Litigation!! but court action over a parking ticket???? doesnt sound realistic, i was parked outside my friends flat while visiting him, i was in a car park n wasnt aware i had to have a parkin permit! Jus wanna kno if this is gonna affect my credit by not paying??????
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jus wanna kno if this is gonna affect my credit by not paying??????
    No, first they have to take you to court, then they have to win, then you have 28 days to pay. If you don't pay, only then would it affect your credit rating.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    double_H wrote: »
    Hey all!!! Im new to this, 4t I wud join cos im sick of gettin these letters from debt recovery plus telling me to pay £147.50, which is a stupid amount for a parking ticket, plus they have the wrong surname on the letters, DVLA have game them my previous surname not my current one which is on my driving license n all other documents, at the moment there threatening intended Litigation!! but court action over a parking ticket???? doesnt sound realistic, i was parked outside my friends flat while visiting him, i was in a car park n wasnt aware i had to have a parkin permit! Jus wanna kno if this is gonna affect my credit by not paying??????

Hey all! You another PPC troll? There are few of them about today.

Your post doesn't read as true. I smell a rat.

Love the fact that Perky and friends are soooo worried about the increase in internet forum knowledge about the PPC scam, that they feel the need to troll forums like this.

Hilarious attempts at real posts, they can't even word those right let alone their tickets, letters and signs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure