Barclaycard Indian Call Centre..should I regret my choices now?

2»

Comments

• Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Not necessarily, but you might wish to reconsider your apparent sense of indignant outrage that many large companies choose to use call centres outside the UK in order to keep costs down and be in a position to offer more tempting products to their customers.

You might also wish to reflect on the fact that BA merged with Spanish airline Iberia in 2011 to form the International Airlines Group (thereby ceasing to trade on the stock exchange as an entity in its own right) - I'm not sure what criteria you use to measure the 'Britishness' of an airline but imagine that the likes of easyJet and Virgin might disagree with your assertion that BA are 'the most British flight company'....

It's not really that. It's more I am using a service and needed to do something rather important, for the guy there to put me through to debt department pretty much..
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Jlawson118 wrote: »
    I'm usually put off social media as they normally just give you a number to call again. But I've sent them a message to try :)

In your message to them, you can ask them to call you on your landline or mobile.

I tried asking for a direct line to their UK call centre but mentioned they can't give that out, and need to use the 0800 number on the website. They said that number can get through to an Indian call centre and a UK one too.

Hope your issue gets resolved.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jlawson118 wrote: »
    It's not really that. It's more I am using a service and needed to do something rather important, for the guy there to put me through to debt department pretty much..
    Well, yes, nobody wants incompetence, but after you'd complained about that you started venturing dangerously close to Farage territory that seemed to be more about the principle of using non-British call centres ("I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres!") rather than the performance of one particular agent....
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    but after you'd complained about that you started venturing dangerously close to Farage territory that seemed to be more about the principle of using non-British call centres ("I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres!") rather than the performance of one particular agent....

I think you're starting to venture dangerously close to political territory!
  • sido1
    sido1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2016 at 6:46PM
    Hi yes you should ,I was a BC customer [business] 3 hours is my record, being passed from one person to another, then unbelievably, after all this time with a red sore ear ,the next operator said wasn't I speaking to you earlier, all I wanted to do was change a direct debit ,i was asked 6 extra security questions over and above date of birth, mothers maiden name ,business acc number etc ,i failed the extra ones, one was how long have you known xxx xxx ,i never heard of him, so i said that, "FAILED", operator said sorry i cant help you, took me another two days to change The direct debit address
    , and that when i managed to catch my Barclays acc manager, he done it in 5 minuets ,i ask why was the number he called not available to everyone, its an internal number he said ,so yes Barclays are possibly the worst for customer services ever.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think you're starting to venture dangerously close to political territory!
    Fair point - I wasn't deliberately trying to politicise the thread as such, just observing that OP's views appear not to be a million miles away from those usually expressed at one particular extreme of the political spectrum.

If OP's beef was (understandably) that they had a poor experience with a call centre agent then why wouldn't they just comment on that rather than the unnecessary extrapolation to "I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres!"?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    Barclays has been using Indian call center especially during the evening hours since ages. I do not remember it is ever changed.

If this is due performance of the call center in general and not the specific agent why this issue has not come often in the past ??? Keep in mind, using Indian call center they could cut the cost ...
  • Jlawson118
    Fair point - I wasn't deliberately trying to politicise the thread as such, just observing that OP's views appear not to be a million miles away from those usually expressed at one particular extreme of the political spectrum.

If OP's beef was (understandably) that they had a poor experience with a call centre agent then why wouldn't they just comment on that rather than the unnecessary extrapolation to "I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres!"?

Well perhaps I got the last bit wrong, though I thought Barclays was a completely English bank. I've contacted Lloyds Bank numerous times and most of the time I at least get through to somebody in England or Scotland, and when Orange and T-Mobile merged to EE, they started using English call centres. I thought most companies in the UK now used English call centres for customer satisfaction. Although I contacted HSBC's customer services around April/May time and their Indian call centre didn't shock me because they're a worldwide company anyway. So it's been a while since I've last been connected up to one of these call centres and kind of forgot they existed to tell you the complete truth.

But my girlfriend just recently come back from a trip, and British Airways lost her luggage. Every phone number you ring for British airways was absolutely shocking because we would get put through to somebody who could barely speak English, and that shocked me a lot. And I thought Barclays/Barclaycard would at least have English call centres because they're an English bank. I've phoned First Direct, Lloyds, Halifax, EE as well as many other companies over here and not many use Indian ones anymore
  • Jlawson118
    book12 wrote: »
    In your message to them, you can ask them to call you on your landline or mobile.

I tried asking for a direct line to their UK call centre but mentioned they can't give that out, and need to use the 0800 number on the website. They said that number can get through to an Indian call centre and a UK one too.

Hope your issue gets resolved.

Hey, the guy there responded really quickly, and told me I'd be able to sort out my next issue when my bill is due, which is in a few days, but he offered to solve it and ring me up. So I'm glad for their social media team, looks to be the best customer service on a social media website that I've ever seen!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There is no evidence of this whatsoever - it's simply to save money for the company.

It's quite distasteful to imply that preferring local services is racist.
    Not necessarily, but you might wish to reconsider your apparent sense of indignant outrage that many large companies choose to use call centres outside the UK in order to keep costs down and be in a position to offer more tempting products to their customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure