Barclaycard Indian Call Centre..should I regret my choices now?

So I was using the Lloyds Avios credit card for most of this year, but I figured out that they also have terrible customer service, but at least their call centres are English!

I chose Barclaycard Freedom Rewards because I use a lot of their partners so earning points will be quite easy, easier than Avios. Although I just wanted to pay my bill but it wouldn't let me add another card within 30 days, so I phoned them up and greeted by an Indian man. By me asking if I could somehow add another card to my account, he placed me on hold to put me through to the 'Financial Difficulties' department.

I got so frustrated, I just hung up. I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres! Although saying that, these past few months I've realised that 'British Airways' use them as well. The most British flight company uses these.

Should I regret my choices of moving to Barclaycard already?

Comments

• book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 7:41PM
    They do use Indian call centres. I called them a few times and they are ok.

If you private message your query on Twitter or Facebook, someone from the UK can deal with your query.

Alternatively you cam go into branch and sort your query out.

Besides using Barclaycard online account to pay your credit card bill, you can pay from your bank (assuming it's Lloyds) in a number of ways - http://help.barclaycard.co.uk/brochure/paying_bill/pay-my-bill
    (see the section 'From Your Bank')
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    if you were as clear with the "indian man" as you were in your OP regarding what you wanted, maybe he'd actually hung up on you first!

if you want to "pay your bill" do it online, Barclaycard really do make everything easy to do, imho.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    book12 wrote: »
    They do use Indian call centres. I called them a few times and they are ok.

If you private message your query on Twitter or Facebook, someone from the UK can deal with your query.

Alternatively you cam go into branch and sort your query out.

Besides using Barclaycard online account to pay your credit card bill, you can pay from your bank (assuming it's Lloyds) in a number of ways - http://help.barclaycard.co.uk/brochure/paying_bill/pay-my-bill
    (see the section 'From Your Bank')

I no longer have Lloyds, but I registered two cards to Barclaycard to pay my bill but they've both been cancelled due to reasons, and it won't let me register the new ones until 30 days time, that's where I had the issue
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Most people pay their credit card bill by faster payment from their current account. Are you not able to do this?
    If the two 'cards' that you registered to pay your bill have both been cancelled due to 'reasons' I would suggest sorting out those 'reasons' as a matter of priority.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    I don't have a problem with Indian call centres per se, but when I recently had a problem with Barclaycard, it was exacerbated by their call centre not really knowing how to handle it.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 10:38AM
    As a Barclaycard holder I have been very impressed with their overseas contact centres. In particular I have found the advisors very professional and polite and always willing to go the extra mile. You get good and bad advisors whether in the UK or overseas. However for me the centre is only as good or bad as the advisor who deals with your enquiry.

Regarding the actual card I find they are very generous with their credit limits and very good promotional offers every month.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    As previously said, just pay the bill from your current account, whoever that is with.

Remember to put your BC card number as the reference so they know who's card the payment is for......job done.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jlawson118 wrote: »
    I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres! Although saying that, these past few months I've realised that 'British Airways' use them as well. The most British flight company uses these.

Should I regret my choices of moving to Barclaycard already?
    Not necessarily, but you might wish to reconsider your apparent sense of indignant outrage that many large companies choose to use call centres outside the UK in order to keep costs down and be in a position to offer more tempting products to their customers.

You might also wish to reflect on the fact that BA merged with Spanish airline Iberia in 2011 to form the International Airlines Group (thereby ceasing to trade on the stock exchange as an entity in its own right) - I'm not sure what criteria you use to measure the 'Britishness' of an airline but imagine that the likes of easyJet and Virgin might disagree with your assertion that BA are 'the most British flight company'....
  • AK92_2
    AK92_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    You might want to try the UK based Barclaycard social media team, who I met when I was working in a different department at Barclaycard. They are very friendly and efficient.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    AK92 wrote: »
    You might want to try the UK based Barclaycard social media team, who I met when I was working in a different department at Barclaycard. They are very friendly and efficient.

I'm usually put off social media as they normally just give you a number to call again. But I've sent them a message to try :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure