Mortimer Clarke - Cabot CCJ

Options
Hi all,

I received a CCJ claim form from Mortimer Clarke, issued from NCCBC regarding a debt being chased from their client Carbot Finance (UK) ltd. I acknowledged the claim within a few days and informed the court that I would be fully defending the claim. I have forwarded my CCA & CPR 18 requests along with further requests for information to both Carbot & Mortimer. The deadline for me to file the defence was on 20 June 2018; however, Mortimer Clarke letter received at the weekend states the following:-

"we note you have requested an extension of time to file a defence. Our client's position is that the information you have been provided is sufficient for you to identify this matter and raise any dispute; the provision of the documents you have requested does not change the facts of this matter.

However, we confirm our client is willing to agree to an extension of 14 days for you to file a defence. pursuant to CPR 15.5 (2) please notify the court in writing of the agreement.

The CCj was issued from Northampton County Court Business Centre, I have this morning emailed a copy of the letter to ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk, ccbcaq@ and MCOL @.

Can someone please advise whether I have done the correct thing; as im sure some of you are aware it is virtually impossible to get through to MCOl or NCCBC to ascertain whether this notification has been received.

I did not request the extension; I did however state that should they be unable to provide me with the requested documentation that they should inform me of this in writing and that an extension is agreed to enable me to file an appropriate deference.

Can someone please advise as to whether I am doing the right thing.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    KAIYA1 wrote: »

The CCj was issued from Northampton County Court Business Centre, I have this morning emailed a copy of the letter to [EMAIL="ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk"]ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL], ccbcaq@ and MCOL @.

Can you clarify, has judgement already been made on this matter, as above you state "The CCJ was issued from Northampton County Court Business Center" ?

Did they follow pre-action protocol by sending a letter before claim ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • KAIYA1
    KAIYA1 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    No sorry, it was a CCJ claim form from the NCCBC.

I do not recall receiving the pre action letter; however, a copy of this has been provided to me at request.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure