What small DFW things will you do w/c 11th June??

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 June 2018 at 3:21PM
    Morning folks

Ally - will be thinking of you x

Absolutely hilarious night out at Bill Bailey last night. I had a headache from laughing so hard! Def recommend!

Down to earth with a bump today and feeling very anxious over a very silly thing. A silly thing which is not my fault but nevertheless my brain is trying to blame me in some way.

Still, I keep telling myself I'm being silly and am ploughing on with work.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores. D - not sure what is for dinner today but will invent something
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Charge phone in work
    • Water garden - could def do with some rain now!
    • Poss cut grass
    • Washing in and away
    • Home on time as freegler coming to take another item! Getting close to being rid now :)
    Not much doing today. Will add anything if I think of it

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while it's been crazy with work etc

Money saving hasn't been going so well over here though, I have long term recurrent depression and it's back trying to give me a good kicking. The first thing that always goes is my control over money, I become more impulsive and less able to think long term.

So, 0 NSD lately but I have managed to keep the purchases small - like the odd coffee, lunch etc so they've been basically to help me get through each day at work so am ok with that.
    I did do some online shopping but I was strong enough to send it all back - so am taking that as a win :-)
    Managed to get up to the gym and shower there / refill water bottle etc
    Cashed in my swagbucks for £15 paypal cash

So far have resisted buying ;
    An apple watch - my current obsession
    • New gym clothes
    • Take-aways - have cooked every day
    • Kept my food purchases to the minimum and all healthy options
    • Have done weekly food shops online to resist any impulse spending in the store
    • Going to draw out a monthly cash allowance then give my partner my debit and credit cards - will probably close my paypal account too as that just makes it far too easy to carry on spending.

Have to nip into town now and will try to stick to my list of essentials only

Hope you have a great week and the weather is sunny where you are - apologies for the long post!!

:-)
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi June-Penny-Jugglers,

Bit of an "occurance" at Dowd Towers. I'm now on a 4 week sickline and back on the mind-levelling pills after years being off them. :o

Just a wee list today. I'm going to take it easy today. My re-diagnosis has been a bit of a shock.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Checked online banking.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Checked loyalty points.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,110 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Awww - sorry to hear about reoccurrance of medication, Ally. However, sometimes these things are necessary. I've even been on a few months of such tablets myself in the past. Treat yourself carefully & well done for seeing your GO.
    DNMS - Such a relief for you on that scan. Massive phew!
    Hello everyone else,
    NSD today, largely because I'm spending so much of it in bloody meetings! Mr f is on.leave today so he is chauffeuring me there & back so no parking fees. And I must have eaten my bodyweight in free biscuits at the 1st meeting.
    Not much else to report. Last of the ham hock in a pasta bake tonight...already made so only needs heating up & I managed to get 3 'use-it-ups' from the freezer into it too. L/O pitta for lunch.
    Intend to do some strawberry bed maintenance this afternoon as lots of berries coming & want to maximise crop for free desserts. Hope to fit in a couple more garden tasks too before getting ready for 2nd meeting.
    We are almost out of rapeseed oil but I am going to eek it down to the last drop so as to avoid a top-up shop.
    Ok, Mr f has brought me a coffee. Will swig that, then get a wriggle on.
    Cheers,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • E11ie wrote: »
    Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while it's been crazy with work etc

Money saving hasn't been going so well over here though, I have long term recurrent depression and it's back trying to give me a good kicking. The first thing that always goes is my control over money, I become more impulsive and less able to think long term.

So, 0 NSD lately but I have managed to keep the purchases small - like the odd coffee, lunch etc so they've been basically to help me get through each day at work so am ok with that.
    I did do some online shopping but I was strong enough to send it all back - so am taking that as a win :-)
    Managed to get up to the gym and shower there / refill water bottle etc
    Cashed in my swagbucks for £15 paypal cash

So far have resisted buying ;
    An apple watch - my current obsession
    • New gym clothes
    • Take-aways - have cooked every day
    • Kept my food purchases to the minimum and all healthy options
    • Have done weekly food shops online to resist any impulse spending in the store
    • Going to draw out a monthly cash allowance then give my partner my debit and credit cards - will probably close my paypal account too as that just makes it far too easy to carry on spending.

Have to nip into town now and will try to stick to my list of essentials only

Hope you have a great week and the weather is sunny where you are - apologies for the long post!!

:-)

Ellie - it sounds like you're making some good decisions under difficult circumstances. Keep going :)
  • allydowd wrote: »
    Hi June-Penny-Jugglers,

Bit of an "occurance" at Dowd Towers. I'm now on a 4 week sickline and back on the mind-levelling pills after years being off them. :o

Just a wee list today. I'm going to take it easy today. My re-diagnosis has been a bit of a shock.

* Checked online banking.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Checked loyalty points.

Will be thinking of you :) no shame in needing the tablets. You are also in so much of a better place now for healing :)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    ((Hugs)) to Ally and Ellie. Hope you feel better soon :(

QUOTE=DawnW;74402170]Morning all :)

Lovely morning again, though the garden could do with some rain!
    OH has a cold, so is sitting round like a wet weekend :( I have a sniffle as well, but compared to having my insides chopped / pulled about,it is a walk in the park :rotfl:

So far I have washed my hair and it is currently drying naturally, put the washing machine on, used up a brown banana for breakfast and picked some strawberries before Mrs Blackbird does.

I am going to do some cleaning again today, but this time in my house as opposed to someone else's :D I have come to the conclusion that cleaning would never have been a career of choice for me!

Cleaned out some murky corners (of which I have many, the estate agent called some of them 'period features' :rotfl:), and evicted lots of spiders :eek:

Asked OH to shorten a ridiculously long extension cable that goes to .... a clock. Now I don't have several yards of ugly off white cable shoved under a table in the corner :)

Also need to:
    Walk dog if OH doesn't want to I did the afternoon walk :)

Check banks and update spreadsheet Done, no change and nothing spent today either :)
    Arrange a physio appointment Done

List an item on ebay Oops not done, but I did list one on local FB selling pages
    Washing out on line when done 2 loads done, all dry :)
    Triage fridge Done. DS came round, so used up the rest of the terrine for lunch, with toast, salad and HM chutney :)

Do a new freezer inventory, as lots has been used and I haven't updated the existing inventory :oDone, another drawer nearly empty :T

Refilled lolly moulds and put in freezer, as GD has eaten all but one of the ice lollies. Cheaper than going to the corner shop every time she wants one - and probably healthier too, as I make them from HM raspberry cordial :)

Meals from stores - salmon tonight, from freezer :)Had leftover shepherds pie from last night instead. Will do the salmon tomorrow.

There will probably be more, will be back later to update :)[/QUOTE]

Watered items in garden that needed it

Dug the first new potatoes today :j
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 June 2018 at 10:49AM
    Hi June-Penny-Jugglers,

Morning. :) Feeling surprisingly chipper this morning. Some sort of yo-yo reaction to yesterday maybe. Thanks for the kind words yesterday. I'm disappointed with my relapse, but what can I do? Nothing: accept it and move forward.

The kettle has passed away in its sleep: good start. :p Making coffee on the hob.

My one aim today is to spend time in the kitchen.

* Checked online banking. Done.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically. Done.

* Make banana bread. Done.

* Make waffles. Done.

* Prep homemade KFC for dinner tonight. Done.

* Filtered oil from fat fryer myself before using for KFC tonight. Done.

* Defrost homemade soup for lunch. Can't remember what's in it: eye of newt and ear of bat possibly. Done.

* Source a new kettle locally. Done.

If I manage this I will award myself a gold star. It's a wee list but plenty for me and my Mental Elf (gettit? "Mental Elf"....oh never mind.)

EXTRAS

* Re-print Tesco clubcard voucher at library. Done.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning frugal pals: hello:

My list today:

Have already done an hour an a half's work to try and get ahead on the day. I'm on half a days holiday this afternoon and off tomorrow and wanted to make sure I got some stuff done, feel better for it but can't help think it's counter intuitive. May finish an hour earlier later if I can
    Check banking
    Check surveys
    Small shop, write list before I go
    Tidy pile of papers in kitchen
    Go for a run
    Pedicure at home
    Tidy round, vacuum through
    Peg some washing out
    Find running buff that's mysteriously disappeared between washing line and house (it's about 2 foot away :rotfl:)
    Smalls at an event tonight so need to make them some snacks to take to see them through as they'll be out later than normal

Have a good day folks
  • Morning :)

Today so far I've saved water from when shower was first heating up to use for my plants; made OH's lunch for work; got a cold but I'm using a hanky not tissues; I'm not at work today so a general domestic goddess day! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure