Brewdog tour

happydays89
happydays89 Posts: 304 Forumite
Hi, has anyone here done the Brewdog tour.?

Its my husbands birthday soon and i thought he might enjoy it but i was just wondering if its worth it.

They have a brewery in Ellon Aberdeenshire and there are some cheap airbnb places to stay.
I dont know how to do links but on airbnb if you put Ellon in the search box a lovely flat comes up,the main picture is a double bed with a red throw and heart cushions.you get a lounge (sofa bed),kitchen,bedroom and bathroom for £45 and it sleeps 4.I dont know what Ellon is like but its close to beaches,and £90 for two nights for 4 people seems cheap.

If you have been to visit,whats it like.They have a bar called The dog tap which has good reviews......very tempted.

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Ellon's a nice little town. Lovely riverside walk and some nice caf!s. The hotel does a good carvery on a Sunday. You are close to some very good beaches and the little fishing villages of Gardenstown and Pennan are worth a visit. The Happy Plant Garden Centre is about 10 miles north of Ellon in Mintlaw and they do fantastic food and cakes.

Never done the tour myself but friends and family rate it.
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I booked the tour and the dog tap was fab.
    We stayed in an Airbnb flat,it was clean and very comfy accommodation .Lots of places to visit.A very cheap getaway.
    Brewdog is child friendly aswell.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its pretty-much a pleasant commuter/family town that has older roots as a country hub.

Nice enough and well-placed for access to the City/Airport and some of the nicest parts of costal/agricultural Aberdeenshire. It has all a visitor needs for a base. My Gran's brother lived for many years on the Ythanbank road.

Been a while since I last ate or drank there but I second Cazzie above about the hotel and other places to go.
  • I've heard its very good
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ellon is a nice little town and close to a lot of nice beaches (Newburgh in particular as it has a seal colony), but it's only a 30 minute drive from Aberdeen city centre, so don't feel like you have to limit yourself to staying there.
    In terms of the Brewdog tour, its might to be a good tour and has an onsite bar. Just don't get suckered into buying "shares" in Brewdog as you can't actually buy shares, its effectively just an expensive membership club.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure