Good luck with it :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Good luck x
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Happy new diary.
    Good luck with your DMP and change of lifestyle

SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • Hello all - thanks for your support. I have now re-jigged my budget, written my offer letters to creditors and explained I am going self-managed. These are all in the post and I'm feeling positive again now. I felt really bad last week when I realised I needed money (for my tyres) but didn't have any - that kind of sinking feeling I used to get when I would just apply for another credit card or consolidate... anyway, no looking back, just loving the sunshine and looking forward to starting again, again. Right, back to work - working until 5 today, then shopping, then it's wine time. Nothing planned for the weekend, so no money spending, but must tidy up my garden - my bunnies need somewhere nice to lounge about in.
  • What a lovely weekend weather-wise... beautiful and sunny down south and then along comes Monday and today, really grey and dull. Never mind though, because I have been productive and have cut down some lino to fit my bathroom - it needed a spruce up and I keep off-cuts of things lying around. My bathroom isn't big by any stretch of the imagination but feeling pleased I have actually got on with it. I am waiting for news from the creditors about my new reduced offer to them, sure it won't go down well but hey ho..I'm in control of this now. Big positive me, wait until the first letter arrives back saying they refuse it, and see how positive I am then!! Better get back to work now... can only really update from my work computer so lunchtimes it is. Have a good rest of the day all.
  • I decided to crank up the old laptop and for once, it doesn't seem to be too slow. I've heard back from one of my nine creditors and they have accepted my reduced payment offer for the next six months. Here's hoping the others do too. I have now set myself a new budget - more realistic which gives me some wriggle room for those things that always come up when you really don't need them to. I've also decided to give myself a bit of a break - I started off trying to control my debts but found myself then wanting to change my whole life. I'm in this for the long haul and so need to change my mind set first and then I am sure that quite naturally the rest will follow. I get paid on Friday and feeling excited about moving things about so that I am basically only left with the shopping money. I have decided to look into batch cooking and have been finding some recipes today. I will meal plan and write my shopping list during the week. Feeling positive about this.
  • Life is good at the moment - I have heard back from seven of my nine creditors and they have all agreed to my lower payment offer and have confirmed they have frozen interest etc. I said I'd write to them again in six months with a view to making them another higher offer on a reassessed budget - doing it this may means they all get something, some will be gone early next year, and I can then focus on the large amounts with a higher payment. I just want them gone now and have never been more determined. The only trouble is now I have to pay nine different organisations instead of the one (Stepchange) but it will be worth it when I'm clearing the debts away.
    I am looking forward to a night in tonight on my own, and a film I taped a couple of nights ago - Speed (yes I've seen it before, I'm a bit of a Keanu fan). Well I say on my own, daughter will be upstairs in her pit of a bedroom. Honestly, every one I know tells me how tidy their daughters are and how messy boys are - I just smile and say, oh I know:rotfl: She leaves school today and is looking forward to getting a summer job which will keep her out of trouble until college starts.
    Hope you all enjoy your weekends. Bye for now
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the 7 out of 9.
    Hope the other two reply soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great news about the creditors

Big Keanu fan here :smileyhea
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Hey Jwil - glad to hear you're in support of my liking of Keanu, however I don't like to limit myself to just one gorgeous guy and have found myself feeling rather favourable towards Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt just lately... saw the new Jurassic Park film the other day and wowsers... yes please.. Mr Pratt that is, not the dinosaurs :).

So yesterday I was in the kitchen looking in the food cupboard when I pulled out a packet of something and noticed it was out of date... this then led to me dragging out all the contents of the cupboard, cleaning it out and nicely rearranging my bits as they were going back in. It's a shame I had to shut the cupboard door on it really as I felt like I had achieved something in the hour or so I was doing it. Was really pumped up after that and went to the living room with a view to hoovering it through but found the remote control in my hand instead, so had to take 5?? Anyway, a cup of tea and four bourbon biscuits later :o... I didn't feel like hoovering anymore. Trouble is, now I'm at work I'm thinking of all the things I could be doing at home, like said hoovering, but when I'm at home I struggle to find the motivation to do anything.

No more creditor news, still waiting on Barclays and Marbles.

Have a good day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport