Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    hope you managed to get some sleep, I had a long night aswell but it wasn't for lack of trying, my toddler had different ideas.

I have started surveys again, I also did quite well one Christmas and I've cashed out £5 in a week already. if I can get enough for youngest main Christmas present I'll be happy.

Lack of sleep is horrible. I completely sympathise. £5 in a week is brilliant for surveys.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I'm already in bed and just checking in before I have an early-ish night. I've had a few birthday spends for ds today, but all expected and budgeted for. I just need to update ynab with them now. No job news today. Not expecting to hear from job 1 until tomorrow, job 2 I have no idea so it's just a waiting game.

I'm going to be so on edge tomorrow waiting for job 1 to call. I know it won't be until afternoon as they've got an interview to do in the morning. I really need to keep reminding myself that I have so little experience in this field that the chances of me getting it are small so that I won't be too disappointed. Hopefully, 24 hours from now, I'll know!

I had a quick look at surveys this morning, and still have money/swagbucks, etc leftover from when I last did them. I have £1 in my prolific account, 104 swagbucks and a whole 25p in my onepoll account. I think I'll just stick with these 3 as they seemed the best to pay out before, and I don't want to do too many and get confused/fed up!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've gone through and updated ynab with yesterday's spends. I've also transferred some birthday money for my son that was paid into my account over to his isa. My boys have more money than me! I really hope that I can raise them to be sensible with money, to learn how to budget and live within their means.

I did a few surveys last night before I fell asleep and onepoll in now at 85p.

Today's the day. I find out about the job I want. I'm going to be completely gutted if I don't get it. Not much I can do about it now, though. I'm going to be such a nervous wreck all day!

Other than sitting around waiting for the phone call, It's going to be a quiet day. We've got a very busy weekend coming up, so we're all (other than dh who is working) going to just chill. I may take the boys to the library this afternoon for a walk, though I may leave that until next week as there are so many new toys and books here from ds's birthday. I've promised ds that we'll play with his new Lego today (he's growing up and has moved on from duplo!!).

The laundry basket is full to the top so I'm going to work through that today. I also need to wash bed clothes, but we'll see how we get on (and whether the weather will stay dry to hang things outside).
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've received an email from Tesco home panels today (I've been a member for ages) telling me that I've reached 50 points on my account so they're sending me a £10 voucher which can be spent in lots of stores (though not Tesco!). I've got 4 more children's birthdays to buy for this year (not inlcuding my little one) so that £10 will be spent in Argos, Toys r us or Mothercare on toys!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you hear about the job soon!

Yeah lack of sleep is hard but it's worse when your not used to it, I've had broken or little sleep for 2 1/2 years now so it's just the norm for me.

Lego is the bane of my life, if it's isn't putting away duplo every 5 mins it's standing on little bits of lego from the bigger boys.:rotfl:

Yay free birthday presents :T:j
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Fingers crossed for Job 1 news Mrs S :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Pismo
    Pismo Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed you hear some good news about the job you want.

Did you do your retraining via an online course? Must of been a busy mat leave for you!

X
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Well I have news. More news than I was expecting today.

News number 1: Job 1. The one I really wanted. It's mine!!!!!!!!!!! :j :j :j I got the job. I am soooooo chuffed, over the moon, on cloud 9, etc, etc.!! Job number 2 I still haven't heard, but woohoo!!!!!!!!

News number 2: I thought I was coming into a little money soon. It wasn't guaranteed, but thought it may be happening. It's been confirmed today that it is happening. £20,000. I can't believe it. Until it's in the bank I still won't believe it. It could be a few months before we get it, but wow!!!!!

Tonight, we had a Chinese takeaway and I'm now drinking a glass of prosecco. Celebration time tonight!!!

We've already started to discuss what we're going to do with it. Obviously the sensible thing is to clear all our debts. But, we've discussed doing things a little differently. Our loan is almost £10k, but by the time the money is through will probably be a lot closer to £9k. We're going to pay that off. That will free up £260 each month. With the £11k left over, £5k is going straight to a savings account that we can't touch. Long term, emergency fund savings. We'll have £6k left over. There are a couple of things that really need to be done to this house. Dh estimates that will cost £4k. The £2k left over will go to the cc. Also, with our loan, if we pay it off early, we receive a refund from part of the interest (or something like that!). That will also go to the cc. The cc is on 40 months interest free, so we will clear it in that time, aiming for a lot sooner!!

I just can't believe that this has all happened today. I have the job I really want, and we're getting a huge payout. As days go, today has been pretty good!! :rotfl:
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazing news! Congratulations to both!

It sounds like you have a good plan with the money.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww that's great news, if you just send what you are paying to your loan now to your credit card you'll have it paid off in time. it makes no sense to pay it early when it's interest free.

Well done on the new job:beer::j:T
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills