Earn at home

Comments

• Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I honestly would pull short of any ideas that were term time only other then working in a school itself, whatever business you decide to run you'd lose all your customers by closing down whilst the kids were off.

You could do things like surverys in your spare time but lets face it the rewards are pitfull for the amount of time you need to spend to get the points.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • I work from home and have done for many years, mainly web search evaluation and call centre work, but usually it involves being flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends if you cant do your normal daytime hours due to school holiday childcare.

I suggest looking for jobs in a school/college as not many jobs, even at home ones, are term time only.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I'm self-employed and because my OH is a teacher, I mostly only work term-time. That's the advantage of being self-employed- you choose when and where you work. I'm a trained health professional btw- it might not work for every industry. Yes, I earn slightly less because I work less weeks of the year but that's not an issue for us. I supplement my income with things like earning online, matched betting, surveys, focus groups and mystery shopping.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I do exam invigilating. I just do GCSE and A level exams in one school but I know others who work in colleges that have exams at other times of the year. I know its not exactly a full time job but it is school time only and also a foot in the door!
  • Al1x wrote: »
    I do exam invigilating. I just do GCSE and A level exams in one school but I know others who work in colleges that have exams at other times of the year. I know its not exactly a full time job but it is school time only and also a foot in the door!

I also do exam invigilating too, at a local college so I work all year round. Not a full time job as you point out but term time only. Around now (December/January) is the time schools/colleges start recruiting too.
  • iamsmith
    iamsmith Posts: 10 Forumite
    I would you can do some sort of writing job they are good and also pay well.
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Do you have a craft hobby that could be turned into a business??
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Do you drive?

Does it have to be from the home?

Market research pays well and it's up to you when you work, to an extent, depending on the job
  • iamsmith wrote: »
    I would you can do some sort of writing job they are good and also pay well.

Hope OP doesn't mind me jumping in, but how do you get a writing job? Do you use textbroker or are there other ways of finding writing work.
    sealed pot challenge 9 #004
  • if you have time to read up on it i would suggest matched betting as can be done from home without any risk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback