Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry haven't been popping by but hey you've been going great guns! Well done on managing to be so focussed even with a little one.

So great the med treatments paid off :D:D Little DS sounds v cute...

Have a good eve x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    I'm managing the full year. :T. Everyone said to do it if you possibly can. But I only got 12 weeks paid, and the rest has been SMP. 39 weeks is looming fast and so even that stops. I've got about a 4 week gap before my salary starts again, and then I go back onto full salary as I will use annual leave.

Snap! I got 16 weeks paid and then SMP, I'm using it as practice for returning part time. I don't know how you're managing to do all the diy - I struggle enough to to get us both washed, dressed, fed and out the house before midday!
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :hello: mfmaybe. I've read most of your diary over the weekend. Congratulations on your LO - enjoy the rest of your mat leave. Well done one the spare room. Have subscribed :D

Hi Purplefairy26. Wow you read the whole thing? I hope you didn't pass out with boredom :p. Thanks for subscribing. I am trying to keep the diary updated a bit more again, but there isn't much happening money wise at the moment.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Snap! I got 16 weeks paid and then SMP, I'm using it as practice for returning part time. I don't know how you're managing to do all the diy - I struggle enough to to get us both washed, dressed, fed and out the house before midday!

Ah the trick is I don't try to leave the house :p. Well we head down to the field first thing to feed the horses but I don't go to groups and things like that. I have just been cracking on when he naps. Mainly, I don't have any choice right now so the focus is high. :o

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Right money stuff. TCB payment is in, so that has been moved into the credit card account. I've actually got quite a bit on the monthly card, so very expensive food shops, a flurry of fuel, and the car tyres. Have £400 set aside but it's more than double that so will need to dip into savings too. However in the "next" month there is so far only £45 of fuel on the card so I need to not spend much until the 25th!

However I don't think my next pay will be quite so awful as I thought. SMP stops next week but I think I will still get 3 weeks in my paycheck. So only £140 less than previous months. And then the next month I will have a weeks full salary which should be more than a full months SMP. June will be full salary, but that's still 2 months away.

Our fixed rate mortgage ends in July though so need to give some thought to that. As we are likely to be selling our house I'm not sure if remortgaging makes sense; I guess it does so long as it is portable. We've been overpaying so I hope our LTV is ok.

Bank account has just enough in it to cover the last DD to come off. However will owe a plasterer soon for a bit of work in my flat, and just remembered I haven't paid my tax bill this year :o. So had better get that fleabay up and running again. Every 99p sale helps, right?

Have a couple of horse rugs I can sell but they need cleaned first.

Ah so much to do....I'm having one of those down days as very tired due to DS having a cold, and the weather being miserable. It's mid April and my field is a swamp, horses are fed up and too skinny, all a bit meh :( Need the sun to come out and dry things up.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Sorry haven't been popping by but hey you've been going great guns! Well done on managing to be so focussed even with a little one.

So great the med treatments paid off :D:D Little DS sounds v cute...

Have a good eve x

Missed this post, sorry Brizzledfw. He is very cute indeed, which is lucky :D. Yip I reckon we spent over £20k on treatment all in, but I thank our lucky stars that we could scrape the money together, and he is worth every penny of it. :smileyhea

• ScattySkewbald
    Options
    I really wouldn't bother cleaning the rugs unless you can get them done really really cheaply. I've sold muddy rugs and got decent enough prices x
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    I really wouldn't bother cleaning the rugs unless you can get them done really really cheaply. I've sold muddy rugs and got decent enough prices x

Hmm will give that some thought. I did buy two lightweight rugs at beginning of winter, clean, for £20 each. Almost cheaper than the cleaning would have been! I may try advertising the first of mine on FB after giving it a scrub and see how I get on.

Haven't got anything done in spare room as today was vet day. Just vaccinations for one of mine and a cushings check for my friend's horse. However it's a bit scuttery with my DS and her DD so no other free time today. DS asleep now, but I'm going to go and make some veggie chilli. Just having a coffee first, much needed as DH was away overnight so I'm fully on duty right now!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Ah, yesterday I had a mild sore throat and today is a full on cold. Felt awful at 6.30 so set myself very low targets of changing sheets and doing a load of laundry. Sheets are done and laundry ready to go on after I've showered. (It affects water pressure). Also tidied kitchen and breakfast debris. I'm feeling a bit better so going to paint the door that's still outstanding in the spare room. And then I think the painting is all done. I just need to get a new curtain rail then it will be finished.

DS just settling for his nap. I think I caught my cold from him as he's lovely and snotty. Poor guy. Won't let me wipe it up of course. :rotfl:

• ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Hope you're both feeling better soon x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts