Tigz's Debt Diary.......start work on the 23rd!

Comments

• tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Oh and I haven't budgeted for phone or internet as it would cost at least £30pm incl line rental and that would be a luxury I think, I'll still have access at work 3 days a week. In actual fact it would be a good thing not to have internet at home as I spend too much time on here as it is!! :rotfl:

The only thing we might look into... is getting cable or sky, as I doubt I'd be able to have many nights out so may suggest to BF going halves on it, so we can watch it on the eve he stays over with a bottle of wine and pizza.... looking forward to it already... :T Not sure tho if need a phone line with sky? Never had it before....

T x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • tigzem
    Ques re my Natwest debt. I cannot find any paperwork relating to Natwest so don't have my account no etc. I did speak to the branch my account was held at and they had no trace of me! I've not rec'd any letters from them for ages, although they won't have my new address here.

What should I do? Should I try again or wait til they contact me?
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just read your whole diary and just wanted to say WELL DONE YOU :D

An idea for the sky/cable and telephone:

Sky does the 3 deal package (no movies or sports though) for £26 a month and then £11 BT line rental - I also think Virgin do a package with everything - certainly worth looking into :D

lotsa luv
    tig
    x
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • tigzem
    Thanks TigTag, means a lot when people take time to read through my diary. I don't feel I've come a long way but if I read back I realise I have.

Thanks for info on the cable/sky, I'll certainly have a look into it.

I need to find deposit and 1st months rent by end of Sept, approx £1300, plus any fees they charge:mad: bloomin letting agents!!! If I stick with my current one, I may be able to transfer the deposit over and sort Mum's half out later. We'll see....

Thanks again xx
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Meant to say - is the Natwest debt the £802 in your signature. Does it show on your credit report?

In all honesty Tigz if they haven't chased you and they can't find any trace of you and its not on your credit report (or your not bothered about it being on your credit report) then I would leave it...

Or at least leave it till the end and then perhaps sort it out.

And another quickie - not to put a downer on things, but would a letting agency have to do a credit check on you?
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • tigzem
    sammy115 wrote: »
    Meant to say - is the Natwest debt the £802 in your signature. Does it show on your credit report?

In all honesty Tigz if they haven't chased you and they can't find any trace of you and its not on your credit report (or your not bothered about it being on your credit report) then I would leave it...

Or at least leave it till the end and then perhaps sort it out.

And another quickie - not to put a downer on things, but would a letting agency have to do a credit check on you?

Yep it is the £802 in my sig and yes it's on my credit file, default date was 06/09/03. If I still count it in my total debt then at least I'm aware of it, but as they've not tried to get in touch and I'm sure they could get my new add if they tried I'll leave it.....

And yes a letting agency would have to do a credit check, but if I go through the one we use, it will be ok as he knows all about it and we've been with them for many years. However if I go through another agent, could be a problem.... we'll see.

xx
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Let sleeping dogs lie I say. At least its not gaining interest so you will be better off paying off your interest bearing accounts first (if they are!).

just think in three years time it will be one debt off your record at least, paid or not. When was the last time they contacted you about the debt?

Good to hear about the letting agent. At least you have an avenue to choose from. When are you planning to move then?
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • tigzem
    End of Sept, which is when our existing tenancy runs out. I can't remember last time they contacted me, must be over 2 years ago at least.

My Mum has just had to rush off as my Nan has been taken into hospital. She's had difficultly breathing for a while, but wouldn't go to docs etc... all I know is she's been taken in with it. Fingers crossed they can help her.
  • tigzem
    My Nan is quite poorly in hosp, will be in for a few days. She almost went into respirority(sp) arrest..... she's on lots of meds now and has improved her breathing. She's been told it's COPD and a severe chest infection.

If anyone reads this, please keep your fingers crossed she'll be ok xx
  • *vanessa*
    *vanessa* Posts: 92 Forumite
    Goodness, I hope your nan feels better soon.

Re - Sky, if you do get sky, you may be able to get their free broadband.:j

You are doing really well, keep up the good work!

Vanessa
    xx
    "We are what we eat. Which makes me cheap and fast":p
    "At the time we laughed. Now we die a little inside."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business