Abbey - Refund letter

Options
Hi there

After following advice on this site - i sent my letter to Abbey on 6th April - got the usual 4 page questionnaire from them asking for details of my original application (back in 2005) - returned this stating that they should have these details on their system when i originally submitted by loan application. Then got a further letter advising of a delay but they are dealing with my complaint.

Yesterday received a letter stating "they have considered information available and unable to establish that I was provided with sufficient details and that i was unable to make an informed decision when buying this policy - but would like to offer me a refund of £3327 - £2965 monthly premiums to date and interest"

Not bad result considering they have only had it since 6th April - what do people think?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    mandymoo72 wrote: »
    Hi there

After following advice on this site - i sent my letter to Abbey on 6th April - got the usual 4 page questionnaire from them asking for details of my original application (back in 2005) - returned this stating that they should have these details on their system when i originally submitted by loan application. Then got a further letter advising of a delay but they are dealing with my complaint.

Yesterday received a letter stating "they have considered information available and unable to establish that I was provided with sufficient details and that i was unable to make an informed decision when buying this policy - but would like to offer me a refund of £3327 - £2965 monthly premiums to date and interest"

Not bad result considering they have only had it since 6th April - what do people think?

Hi Mandy

Well done to you and Congratulations.
    :beer::T:beer:

You seem to be happy with this amount and of your happy we are too :T.

To me it seems like a good offer, do you know if this is much difference to the full amount of PPI that was payable?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • mandymoo72
    mandymoo72 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there

I'm not too sure what the total ppi is - think its more or less the same as what they are refunding.

Can't believe how quick they were in dealing with this though! :j
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

I'm not too sure what the total ppi is - think its more or less the same as what they are refunding.

Can't believe how quick they were in dealing with this though! :j

That was very quick, one of the quickest yet.......:T:T:D
    Great news though, again well done.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • JOSOM
    JOSOM Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

That's great news and encouraging!! I have had the same letter stating delay last Friday so hopefully will hear something sooner rather than later. Well done.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure