Laser Eye Surgery Cost Cutting Tips

Options

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can they not simply swap the IOLs they have implanted ?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Chrisb1990
    Chrisb1990 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi guys I went to optical express yesterday and booked in an appointment at optimax for Thursday also. I have been quoted £5200 for both eyes which I thought was absolutely mad. I even said that's not gonna happen as soon as they told me the price. The lady was very happy until she found out i was going to optimax but also made it clear that they don't have as good technology as there Lasik idesign so optimax will be cheaper. Is this the case?

If so what are the differences?

Anyway they offered me £4500 for both eyes which still is mad to me. She admitted she still has more money to give off but as I wouldn't commit with them right there and then she wouldn't do it.
  • C_Mababejive
    Options
    The only palces i would let anywhere near my eyes would be NHS centres which have private facilities also eg Moorfields,Manchester Royal eye hospital,etc..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    I don't have any hospitals near me that do it unfortunately
  • Stonedofmoo
    Stonedofmoo Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    See if there is an Optegra near you, they are eye hospitals that private healthcare like Bupa send their patients. I had mine done at one and the results were superb.
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    There's not. Only optimax and optical express.
  • C_Mababejive
    Options
    Think very carefully about this. This is a one time decision. Do you wear contacts or have you considered them? do you know your prescription?
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    I am -0.25 in both eyes with astigmatism. I have tried contacts over the last 2 weeks and just cannot get on with them. They get dry and fall out, or they keep going blurry. I cannot stand glasses and have been wearing them for about 9 months. They get in the way of everything I do. :(
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    I would post a link to my prescription but it wont let me :(
  • C_Mababejive
    Options
    ok Chris well im not an expert but i am myopic and know a fair bit about eyes.

-0.25D is a very small amount of myopia.

Do you know if the contacts you were prescribed were spherical or toric?

I think perhaps it would be a good idea to persevere with contacts. Maybe try a different practitioner?

Not all optometrists are the same !

If you have been prescribed toric lenses to correct for the astigmatic element of your prescription, it might be an idea to suggest that you start with plain spherical lenses. I too have a degree of astigmatism in each eye but i do not correct for it and i wear plain spherical daily disposables.

Do you know if you are prescribed torics?

what brand type etc of lenses are you on?

Well fitted and correct contacts should provide razor sharp bright clear vision with no or virtually no awareness that you are wearing them.

How old are you by the way ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure