Scottish Power - 3 years trying to set up payments

Zoetoes
Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
Hi

I previously had both gas and electric prepayment meters from Scottish Power, I had them changed and had normal meters put in.

I tried for over 2 years to set up payments, and kept being told they were unable to do this due to an account problem (I think due to the meter change) and to ring back, this went on and on.

Eventually last year they sent me a 'solicitor' letter and I finally managed to arrange a payment plan with them and set up a direct debit, payments started in October.

Then Christmas week I got a call saying they were doubling the payment and the first bigger payment would come out within a few days, I explained that I had already agreed an amount and that I did not have the funds to cover a bigger payment, they basically said they were taking it. I had to cancel the direct debit.

I have since been trying to set the payment plan back up but again they have been unable to sort the accounts out.

I raised it as a complaint in February and got a reply in April saying they have used the meter readings I provided and calculated the arrears (but only did this for one of the fuels) and that I would receive the actual bill the next day by email - I did not receive it. And I am still waiting for the arrears for the other fuel to be calculated.

Then earlier this week they randomly tried to take £272 from my bank account (it bounced as I have repeatedly told them I cannot afford payments that high).

I have emailed again explaining the whole thing.

There is no way I can afford big payments for the arrears, I know someone may suggest I should have been putting the money away the whole time but with job changes etc I was juggling enough.

I am now in at least 3.5k of debt for both the gas and electricity combined, what can I do about the situation if they do not sort it out this time?

Thanks
If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport