Economy Energy - Direct Debit Hike for customers

2»

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    How long have you been with the company?

Was the quote based on the amount of Energy you use in a whole year? Did you tell them what you have used in a year based on previous usage figures?

Have you been reading your meter or meters each month? Have you used the amount of energy that you expected or is it more than you would expect?

£46 per month does not seem much. Is it for 1 fuel or is it dual fuel? Is the increase in DD based on an estimated reading or is it based on what you have used?
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Daddio1981 wrote: »
    I have just been stung by Economy Energy too. My DD was set at £46 perm month and the have just taken £223! I have called Customer Service and they said that they had sent me an email regarding this on 10th May. I explained I hadn!!!8217;t received any communication and they explained that they had my email incorrect. They told me it was due to a large amount of debit that has accrued over the year. I explained that the DD amount was set at the start of the contract by Economy Energy and this monthly amount was calculated by my KWhs information provided, there hasn!!!8217;t been any change in circumstance or behaviour in terms of energy consumption, therefore I do not understand how this amount could have accrued (if their original quote was genuine). They explained that it is up to me to manage my energy consumption, under payments or overpayments on their website. I have asked to make formal complaint and I am awaiting a reply. Can anyone offer any advice??

Have you given them monthly readings?

Has your electricity usage increased?

Or are they doing what they seem to be good at, and that is creating unnecessary headaches?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure