DBS document help

2»

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    feelion wrote: »
    Thank-you everyone for your responses. I have rang this morning, and they believe my statement will be fine.

I have had one of these before. I think I may request another, just to have on hand. Thank-you.

Ah our job centre is renowned for not really helping. They never seem to answer the phones. I think I may switch to paper statements for one account, so I have proof in the future.

Les, I am sorry if you feel you have been misinterpreted. Firstly my thank-you was genuine, I did appreciate the first part of your message. I can be thankful and still be in a position to stand up for myself. Offering guidance is not a license to then patronise someone, expect them to take it just because of the guidance.

You were patronising, but it was only a small matter, but I thought I would still defend myself. You may not have realised it, or intended it, but unfortunately that is how myself, and others read your post. Patronising someone is acting in a superior manner. You offered advice and then chose to attempt to scold me like a child, and then later defend this with the oldest excuse in the book 'pointing out facts'. The advice would have sufficed, not a misinformed life lesson. I can read the time, and know what time folks generally go to bed. Also I had posted here, so I obviously knew how little time I had. My appointment is this afternoon. So although I wasn't expecting a response after 1am, I thought I might be offered some good suggestions this morning to wake up to, and I was.

Thanks everyone again.
    You got free advice (which was correct) - get over it.
  • feelion
    feelion Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone. Meeting went great.

As for the get over it comment. I thanked the individual and defended my position. There are a lot of people who think they are entitled to be rude. Your put up or shut up attitude is disgraceful. I didn’t ask for a life lesson nor to turn it into something.

Again thank you everyone.
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    feelion wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Meeting went great.

As for the get over it comment. I thanked the individual and defended my position. There are a lot of people who think they are entitled to be rude. Your put up or shut up attitude is disgraceful. I didn’t ask for a life lesson nor to turn it into something.

Again thank you everyone.

I can't even be bothered replying!

I'll leave it at this; good luck in your new job role.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure