British Gas - Incompetent Beyond Belief - Concluded

Hi,

A warning to others more than a moan.. but hey it'll be good to let the frustration go..

The situation is as follows... We have changed between suppliers without much knowledge (Maybe false selling) but were'nt that bothered as it was a prepayment meter and the prices over a year aren't that different, or so we thought..!!

Anyway Scottish Power had the account for a little while and kept sending credit invoices and debit invoices, we tried to get it sorted and decided that we would go back to British Gas for the Gas and SWEB for the Electricity while changing the prepayment meters for credit meters.....

After spending many hours on the phone we finally got the right companies to claim the credits from each other to balance the books and approached BG and SWEB to sort out the transfers.

SWEB has some little problems but ..

British Gas a very different story...

British Gas so far have failed to appear on 4 occassions now, I have made numerous calls to their prepayment team (Landline number if needed: 0131 454 7704) and they admitted that they never even managed to get the appointments scheduled with the meter reading departments. (Oh and they've done credit checks on me - for what..?).. great bloody help... we will now wait for the next one booked for Tuesday and see I guess...

What I'd like to know from anyone else is that they keep banging on about compensation - does anyone know what it's likely to be, I mean should I expect a little spring bonus or is it a set fee of a a fiver or so...?

Who should I address my complaint to, does anyone have any email addresses I can bombard to get them to listen..?

Regards

Comments

• With so many complaints and price rises I'm amazed that BG have any customers left.
    0845 955 5300 for BG Complaint Management Team or you could try,
    Mark Clare- BG Managing Director @
    BG Trading
    Helmont House
    Churchill Way
    Cardiff CF1 4NB

If BG can't resolve the problem complain to the energy watchdog @ https://www.Energywatch.org.uk. There's a complaint form on the site.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport