Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Comments

• Just a quick note to say I'm loving the 'Wright Stuff' this week. I'm a fan of the show any way but Martin is really adding some interesting stuff to all the discussions - he really spelled out the hard facts of smoking to one of the panelists.

The CV debt ad campaign definately gets my approval - she should know better.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Me too...loved the way Martin made George G quiet this morning....the ex student president skills coming into play there I feel.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • I caught a bit of the Wright Stuff (sorry Martin, I did try, but I can't stand matthew wright) and was entertained by Martin falling into 'The Great Cheshire Trap'. Talking about class, Martin said that he has flat vowel sounds (e.g. in grass, bath etc) and said "I'm from Manchester"... and fell straight into the Cheshire trap! When I was playing gigs around the country with my band, I'd always say I was from Manchester - then one day I met someone else who said the same thing... turns out I'm from Northwich and he was from Middlewich... ;) Come on Martin, be Cheshire and proud!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    heroicnich

You're points well made. Except I am from Manchester. I was born there in Withington hospital and spent the first year of my life there. All my family are mancunians. We moved to Cheshire when I was 1, so i count myself as Manchester born and Cheshire bre(a)d. :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Oh, alright, I'll let you off... :D How could I not let a man with flat Cheshire vowels off?! Nich x
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Martin was on the ITN news at 6.30pm, just a quick snippet. Talking about how to reduce credit card debts etc, blink and you miss it slot. Repeated at 10.30pm I'd imagine.

Don't you feel the cold Martin? (Open shirt and light cotton jacket). Everyone in the background seemed to be going around with big coats and scarves on. Just as well you speak at 100 mph, get out of the cold quicker.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Your hands look very big on the telly Martin, are they extra big or is it just my TV?

Are your feet big too?? ;)
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • Bella_b
    Bella_b Posts: 859 Forumite
    Heard Martin on Radio1 newsbeat the other day! About Carol Vorderman secureloan campaign thingy. Just listening to Radio interviews now that Martin has been on recently.. go to Radio 4 Money Box website where you can listen to the show. Also The recent Jeremy Vine show can be listened to on the Radio 2 site.
  • patmit
    patmit Posts: 9 Forumite
    Val :)
  • tristar_3
    tristar_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Martin, I was so surprised that you went along with the BBcs money making efforts by encouraging us to vote on a premium rate line, the whole concept of votong for songs that would kindle your interest in music was a non starter from the off. I remember the original show and you didnt say you didnt like music, just that you didnt buy cds.

Tristar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport