Label Printer

Options
Hi Guys,

Needs some advice I want to purchase a label printer for the items we post out, currently we are doing it manually and it takes ages and so much effort.

We want a solution that we can just have a peel of sticker to put on our items. We are using PPI via Royal Mail OBA account.

What do you guys use?

Any advice or help would be amazing and really appreciated

Thanks,
rfowler

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,203 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got the Zebra printer that Royal Mail sell via a third party. Brilliant thing, one of the best things I've bought for the business to make it easier, and has the benefit that Royal Mail provide the labels for free.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • rfowler
    rfowler Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I've got the Zebra printer that Royal Mail sell via a third party. Brilliant thing, one of the best things I've bought for the business to make it easier, and has the benefit that Royal Mail provide the labels for free.

Will that work with OBA account and or does it come with its own software that I can just use that to print the labels, does that make sense?
  • soolin
    Options
    rfowler wrote: »
    Will that work with OBA account and or does it come with its own software that I can just use that to print the labels, does that make sense?

I use it with my OBA click and drop account just as I used to when I printe don plain paper. You generate the label and just use the Zebra printer instead of your usual plain paper printer.

I'm not at all techie and managed to set mine up with the correct size labels for printing within about 10 minutes by using a YouTube video. My only issue is that I keep forgetting to opt back to my other printer when using A4 paper, I waste a fair few labels by mis printing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • rfowler
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I use it with my OBA click and drop account just as I used to when I printe don plain paper. You generate the label and just use the Zebra printer instead of your usual plain paper printer.

I'm not at all techie and managed to set mine up with the correct size labels for printing within about 10 minutes by using a YouTube video. My only issue is that I keep forgetting to opt back to my other printer when using A4 paper, I waste a fair few labels by mis printing.

Thanks Soolin
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Zebra here (lots of them). The absolute best printer for printing RM labels.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    What is stopping you getting some A4 labels like AVERY and go to the AVERY website, they have word templates (work in open office too) then print as many as you need on a sheet and then run the same sheet through the printer several times if necessary.
    As this is what I do for addresses, I'm hoping it could work for PPI labels?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • rfowler
    Options
    What software do you guys use with your Zebra? I want to use word to print of labels but it doesn’t work any ideas?
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For large scale sellers i hear the Zebra is a great one, and the Dymo too. i AM part time so i use A4 sheets of 4 x 6 stickers and my normal inkjet printer and it does just fine.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • soolin
    Options
    rfowler wrote: »
    What software do you guys use with your Zebra? I want to use word to print of labels but it doesn’t work any ideas?

I switched to Adobe reader touch as Word suddenly stopped working properly on mine . I save label and open with Adobe and print.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure