2018 New year, new focus and new mission

Options

Comments

• Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Positives
    Car works done, but had price tag of £400 ouch!
    £51.53 ready to pay out of survey
    Using freezer and cupboard stocks
    Proud new owner of a new job - extra 12 hours a week which should really take us to a better place! Start Monday. Very chuffed!

Negatives
    Debt 1 - Zopa loan £4400.52 (£100.01 per month)
    Debt 2 - Zopa loan £10080.05 (£197.25 per month)
    Debt 3 - hubby cc 0% £4097 (min £92 a month)

Emergency fund £0000

The to do list
    Need to sit down and do new budget. Have been doing odd bits of temp work and last booking Monday. Will put time sheet in on Monday and will no doubt see pay end of July should be £150+
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I feel like I've blinked and the summer has gone!

With Christmas hurtling towards us, I think I need to get back into posting. The good news is that all the house works have been done. I've been saving like mad and cleared all our overdrafts and we're looking ok.

Will get the outstanding figures tomorriw when payments go out in the morning.
    Zopa 1, Zopa 2 & 0% Barclaycard.

We've set a budget for this month and it should be pretty low spend. Now we've back on a no spend spree I'm hoping to get rid of the smallest zopa loan ASAP.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Here I am again saying I need to post more often? Need to focus blah blah blah! I mean this time I'm back saying I need to post at least every other day to keep track.

We have been pottering and playing at the savings but need to focus to get rid of this debt! The awful realisation that if we don't our debt at the end of the year will have increased grrrrr! I know house works important but still really annoying!

Without posting I've got no way to back track how much we'be cleared off overdrafts or how I've built up the EF.

The nasty stuff
    Zopa 1 £4000.47
    Zopa 2 £9289.45
    0% Cc £3807.03 Total debt £17096.95
    Another school trip £350 left to pay in 5months
    I've been signed off until January due to serious I jury so will be on SSP which means I drop around £200.

The good stuff
    3 x overdrafts - all cleared!
    Emergency fund £500
    Christmas Savings £76.00 have been spending out of here when bargains come up and have quite a few bits. Cutting back on non immediate family and friends and rest of cash will come from
    Nov/dev budgets.
    I'm off work so plenty of time to meal plan, budget and keep hold of the budget!

That's enough of my plan for now, need a brew and get some washing on!
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I'm back again and no apology or remorse for not posting!

Our joint account is looking pretty empty with a £43.27 balance. The rent from our house is due tomorrow which is the cash flow to get us threw the rest of the month. All our bills mortgages etc have gone out, everything is covered so for first time in ages I feel more in control.

We've got a quiet rest of the month, but if forgotten about half term for the kids. Not planning a lot with being off work perhaps s trip to cinema £30 for family ticket and I can use my £15 food voucher. I complained last time we went so free drinks and popcorn a welcome bonus. The other treat might be trip to swimming pool which keeps the kids busy for 2/3 for around £8. Going to try keep half term costs under £50.

Still waiting for an insurance settled £320, but that's going straight into EF.

Going to have mooch through food stocks today and plan some no spend meals for next few days. Was planning a NSD but my youngest needs her lunch money topping up. She always has a hot lunch on Tuesday because of her after school club🤦!♀️ Do will add £10.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Arrrrghhhh it was going so well, until the teenagers got involved!

Balance of at start of day £43.27

Youngest needed lunch money top up -£10.00

Eldest has chance to go to well know sports club for professional training session, free shirt, meet the players and watch a game. £35.00 so paid via pay-pal and used my 12p credit -£34.88

Balance now -£1.61 in overdraft 😩 OD free, but refusing to use it so have moved £5 from
    EF which I'll move back when rent payment in!
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Sorting out the budget for the rest of the month so it's going to be a long waffle! Need to get it straight down in writing and give us the focus. Still waiting for two large payments to clear hopefully will be tomorrow.

Bank account balance £3.39
    EF £495

Money due in
    Waiting on insurance settlement payment £320
    Waiting on rent payment £850
    Credit from letting agent £35 to chase
    wrapped up boi oil for refund hubby will post today £20
    Still need to do amazon return! £35
    Hubby's work course refund £150, but he needs to finish his course. Think probably be paid in dec! Stuck it down so don't forget to chase it!

Rent is around £50 higher than expected because agent has been sat on credit! There's still £35 on account so requested that bAck too!

My plan is to whack insurance settlement bank into EF and £5 borrowed yesterday. That'll take it to £820. All our bills have gone out, so hoping to take the extra £180 from rent money to hit Dave Ramsey's magic £1k.

That's leaves £665 until pay day which is the healthiest balance we've had in around two years, but we do have a lot of bits to budget for.

Planned spends
    Amazon I've got £50 budgeted for new charging station for all phones to stay downstairs. This is £33 & £7 for cables. I know huge amount of money, but know an investment that'll improve the teenagers sleep and well being. I've been wanting one for months, but never had cash. New loo brush £7 for nice ceramic one, could buy cheaper but not able to drive at minute so easiest option.

Flowers for family members big birthday - £40 will use online florist through Quidco. They live 250 miles away and because not driving guess this is what I'd spend going to see them. They've been really good to us and helped when really skint.

Fuel for hubby's car - £75 but hopefully less. No big trips planned it's 3/4 full now so just his commuting and running kids around.

Food £200 or less! Need to use up loads of freezer and cupboard stocks. Know budget huge, but struggling with my injury to cook everyday and hubby likes the odd chippie tea. Will have one when rent cash hits (£15.80)

Half term treats £50 - £30 family ticket (have £15 food and drink voucher) £8 swim for kids, milkshake at shake hut £12

Rugby boots for eldest £75 hopefully less. The eldest's feet have grown again. Have tried to fit cheap boots in past but foot nightmare width. Hopefully hubby can find a bargain that fit well, we're lucky that we're not brand fussy!

Holy moly that's £490 budgeted for out the £665. I can't believe how quickly it adds up. I do feel a lot happier that we have a budget though and will have the cash for it. Normally we'd reach for the credit card or hit the overdraft for the boots abd flowers. If we can stick to this budget we should have £175 left at the end of the month! That would be a first!

I'm due to get paid on 27th but seeing if we can leave the cash without spending until hubby's pay day on 31st.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    After the mammoth post this morning I feel cleansed. Received confirmation that the agent is sending us refund of £34.43 back which will hit in a couple of days. Going to send it straight to EF.

Hubby forgot the oil return £20 and I still need him to print the amazon return £35, so will need to nag him. I'm going send this cash to the EF too so in theory so will hit 1k with less from rent money. Meaning we should have £265 balance on my pay day.

Despite trying to save for Christmas there's no money in a hidden pot! I've been buying bits and bobs, so ive decided that any left over balance will sort the kids out. That's a reason to be focussed! Would be lovely to be able to 'afford' Christmas without adding to the debt!
  • Choccygirl123
    edited 11 October 2018 at 10:21AM
    Options
    Money due in
    insurance settlement £323.43 paid 11/9
    rent payment £850 paid 11/9
    Credit from letting agent £34.43 waiting on BACS
    wrapped up boi oil for refund hubby will post today £20
    Still need to do amazon return, will print paperwork today £35
    Hubby's work course refund £150 waiting for him to finish course

EF have paid in £505 and finally hit Dave Ramsey's target of £1000 :D

Hubby has been food shoppig on way to work and we'll have our cheapie tea tonight. H spent around£57, so will have to udate the budgets spent when i see the receipt. I've ordered the multi phone charger an cables which were a little more than i thought £31.99 & £8.99. Loo brush was £7.95 and not sure why but had an amazon discount of £1.41 so totalspend £47.52.

Hubby has been making noises about needing a new vac bag, as old one broke. It seems bags are more than a new vac, so will need to have a shop around. We have a lot of huge trees and the vac would save him so much work. Leaves are normally my job, but with my injury i can't. Not keen on spending £70 on a new, so will see if we can use old on blow function and get kids to pick them up from a pile.

Planned spends Budget Total £119.30 / £490
    Amazon £47.52 /£50.00 = £2.48 left in budget
    Flowers for familyb'day £0/£40
    Fuel £0/£75
    Food £71.78/£200 = £128.22 lef
    Half term treats £0/£50
    Rugby boots for eldest £0/£75
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    We've had a mega expensive year wit lots of work on the house, a holiday and several car bills but I've realised from first post on this diary our debt was £16271.56 and our current debt is £17096.95, but if we take into account the £1000 EF savings our debt is lower than we started. That's a miracle as I've felt like we've throwing money out the house this year. The EF doesn't really count, so my next plan is to get the debt down to £16k asap. Christmas may be a bump in the saving road, but at least now with strong budgets in place we won't be adding to it.

My plan is to start over paying the smallest Zopa loan every month, as the CC is 0% for a long period yet. It's £4000.47 and costs £100.01 a month. looking forward to freeing up that £100 so I'm able to spend it to the bigger one. I've got the LBM focus and it's burning brigh!:j
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Grrrr what is it with amazon? They over packed unbreakable things with huge boxes and endless packaging. However, they've sent me the new ceramic loo brush in the manufacturers box with it's one sheet of bubble in one of three huge boxes with token bit of paper. Knew it was broken before opened it! Have ordered the sand one again and they'll refund me this one. Won't include in budget as straight refund in and spend out.

Now I've got two amazon refunds to print off �� and sort!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport