Yougov Help Please.

Options

Comments

• davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yeah seems pretty lame I never seem to get surveys and asking Yougov about it they seem to have a generic answer that I must not fit their profile requirements, but they only know age gender and location. When toluna even with their slow processing I still get tons as you can see via my Sig.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • steveeeee
    steveeeee Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took me just over three years to get to £50. I've requested a cheque and will probably close my account. As a comparison, I've had £84 from Toluna and £100 from Valued Opinions in the same time period, and £160 from Shopandscan since mid-2007.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    steveeeee wrote: »
    It took me just over three years to get to £50. I've requested a cheque and will probably close my account. As a comparison, I've had £84 from Toluna and £100 from Valued Opinions in the same time period, and £160 from Shopandscan since mid-2007.

Never heard of Shopandscan,just emailed them to see if i can join them.
  • xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone had any trouble paying in their cheques? My cheque came this moring. Followed by an email saying this. I hope I done have probs. I've waited long enough for this £50 lol.

Dear YouGov Member,

Unfortunately it has come to our attention, due to technical fault with our cheque printing software, you may have been unable to deposit the YouGov cheque you were recently sent.

Our accounts department have been in contact with Cheque Clearing and you should now be able to deposit your cheque at most larger branches.

If you encounter further difficulties with cashing your cheque then please return it addressed to Panel Support, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT and we will be happy to reissue this cheque and get it mailed out to you as soon as possible. When returning your cheque, if you can include a note detailing that you are returning your cheque due to being unable to cash it, this would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any queries or problems, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at emily.young@yougov.com

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for this error and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Emily Young
    Panel Support
    YouGov plc
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've had the same email & my cheque today. I shall just try and pay it in tomorrow at my local branch and see what happens. I don't think that we will know immediately whether it will be accepted as at my branch they do not input details from the cheque at the desk.

It might be sensible to ask at the Bank before depositing the cheque because if there is still a problem it could take time to be rejected and be able to return the cheque for a new one.

I wonder if the problem is that our name, cheque no and £50 are printed multiple times on the cheque.
  • xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    I've had the same email & my cheque today. I shall just try and pay it in tomorrow at my local branch and see what happens. I don't think that we will know immediately whether it will be accepted as at my branch they do not input details from the cheque at the desk.

It might be sensible to ask at the Bank before depositing the cheque because if there is still a problem it could take time to be rejected and be able to return the cheque for a new one.

I wonder if the problem is that our name, cheque no and £50 are printed multiple times on the cheque.

I put my cheque in anyway. I bank with Santander ( Abbey National) It seemed to go through ok, and I was told it would clear on Tues. Fingers crossed.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be aware that if the cheque bounces, some banks do charge fees.
  • viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been with yougov for a number of years now and I have had (6) £50 cheques and cashed them in my bank with no problems
    Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands
  • panthuk
    Options
    I've been with yougov for nearly 2 years and upto last week only had £35.

This week however they have sent me loads of surveys to do i'm now upto £44 :j

I don't know why I've suddenly been sent all these, I've not changed any of my details but I hope it carries on and I'll be at £50 in no time.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    panthuk wrote: »
    I've been with yougov for nearly 2 years and upto last week only had £35.

This week however they have sent me loads of surveys to do i'm now upto £44 :j

I don't know why I've suddenly been sent all these, I've not changed any of my details but I hope it carries on and I'll be at £50 in no time.

Don't hold ya breath.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport