Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Comments

• The first night is always the hardest MTG, I'm sure going forward you will find more and more you want to get done on those evenings. A huge step though.

Have a lovely day
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”

• So last night was my first on my own in the house and I'm pleased to say I survived :D. I did go out to my friends for some drinks but I still had to come back to an empty house. It wasn't bad at all.
    The kids are coming back at tea time and il just be pottering around the house.

That's brilliant that you felt okay :T. You seem really positive at the moment :T. Enjoy your pottering.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Congratulations on the promotion :j.

Glad you survived the first night. They’ll soon be back [STRIKE]bickering and getting on your nerves[/STRIKE] to light up your evening :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Congratulations on the promotion :j.

Glad you survived the first night. They’ll soon be back [STRIKE]bickering and getting on your nerves[/STRIKE] to light up your evening :rotfl: Xx

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Afternoon Diary,

Weve had a nice chilled out day so far. I have cleaned the house and done the ironing, DD1 has done her homework and DD2 has pottered about too. We enjoyed sausage sandwiches for breakfast :D.

I have invited MIL for tea as I'm making a chicken dinner and it seems pointless for just us 3. Hoping to have enough chicken stripped off to make a curry for the freezer.

Then my friend is coming round to watch Elf with us.

PLMBL you hit the nail on the head :rotfl:.

It started off badly as they'd all had a falling out before he brought them back. Then we had a lovely time watching the Greatest Showman and then they got drawn back in with his antics and got wound up again. Its actually easier when he doesn't see them during the week as they are so much nicer that when their heads are messed up.
    If he carries on, in time I think they going to tell him they don't want to see him. Obviously I don't want this for them but I am not going to force them into seeing him if they don't want. This man is really not the man I know at all. Anyway not to dwell on him.

Just catching up on the apprentice, I've got about 7 episodes to watch!

5 more get ups :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Good Afternoon Diary,

Just a quick visit to try and keep in the habit of posting. Need to get on with my tea shortly and the girls will be back at 5.30pm.

So today has been a NSD, not sure how many I've had this month but I've had a few as not really been spending!

Thats Monday done until 7th January anyway :D:D.

So last night we had a roast chicken and I've stripped the rest off to make a curry tonight. Theres only me eating so il probably freeze it for another meal.

Thats about all really! Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Yay love that you're on countdown to the holidays :D We are too!

Well done on the NSD

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Whatever is ex playing at upsetting his DD's? It sounds like they were glad to come home and be with mum.

The Apprentice has been quite exciting this year :j.

I hope you had a good Monday. You must break up soon :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Your ex is playing silly games with his DD's.
    Glad MIL is still on side :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,094
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad you sound so positive. It's weird being on your own in the house for the first time but fine once you get used to it. Very annoying that the ex is upsetting the girls, he isn't exactly endearing himself to them.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure