Resolver and Amazon

I tried to submit a claim through Resolver but got a reply from Amazon saying they won't respond as the email address is different from the one I use on their website. Just pointing this out, as I have now had to resubmit from my own email address.

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know rubrenus!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi,

As of yesterday this is still happening...

Can you update the tool to point out that this doesn't currently work?

Thanks!
  • jarviser
    jarviser Posts: 29 Forumite
    Same here. Amazon found a get round on Resolver.
    I used Resolver for O2 twice and got excellent problem resolution.
    This seems to be Amazons plan to find loopholes. The complaint was about them tricking me into Prime even tho I Pressed the no button so their reaction to Resolver dors not surprise me.
  • Thanks jarviser, I've passed this on to MSE Nick who covers the Resolver guide.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • This problem has not gone away.
    Despite the fact that my 'real' email address is pinned to the top of my message, Amazon are still failing to recognise it! I'm getting nowehere here. They just send me the same standard message telling me to go to the drop down menu options - which is what I'm complaining about! There is simply no drop down menu that supports my complaint! I used to think Amazon's customer service was excellent; they're a shambles now!
  • P-Squared wrote: »
    This problem has not gone away.
    It's really not a "problem" if you complain directly to the firm in question.

I have no personal axe to grind against Resolver, but you seem to think it's Amazon's fault that a third party E-Mail template does not reach the intended recipient!

Using such a third party can easily just cause more problems & delays, as you've found out..

If Amazon's own "drop down" is not applicable to your complaint, have you not considered speaking to someone in person?
    Amazon will even call you if you request it...
  • Which would all be well and good if their complaints system / technical support for products processes actually worked! When the retailer themselves has rubbish processes Resolver is the only way to try and sort it out. I don't use Resolver with firms who have a decent way of dealing with customers as there's really not a lot of point; I think it's really poopy that Amazon don't provide a good service and also don't allow you to progress matters thru Resolver. Says it all really doesn't it.
  • Which would all be well and good if their complaints system / technical support for products processes actually worked
    It's always worked just fine for me (and most everyone else I suspect).

If a complaint system doesn't work, how can a simple E-Mail template like Resolver somehow "sort it out"? :eek:

Using such a third party can easily just cause more problems & delays, as the OP of this thread, complaining over a month ago, found out..

If Amazon's own "drop down" is not applicable to the complaint, have you not considered speaking to someone in person?
    Amazon will even call you if you request it, as I said a month ago...
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As above always found them easy to deal with regarding refunds .
    Technical questions dont know as i did not know they provide a technical service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure