Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bluenose1
    • By bluenose1 3rd Nov 06, 11:01 AM
    • 2,018Posts
    • 3,247Thanks
    bluenose1
    Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)
    • 3rd Nov 06, 11:01 AM
    Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED) 3rd Nov 06 at 11:01 AM
    Was looking through a magazine last night and they had page on what to buy for Christmas. One of them was a retro candy boxes for christmas for £25!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.
    It contained all the old sweets such as those candy necklaces, wine gums etc.
    Got me thinking, you could easily buy an empty nail storage/screw box for about a £1 and then fill it with different sweets for a pound or two. I will put a cardboard parcel label on and some ribbon and hey presto.
    I know my kids and husband would love one. When christmas is over they can then be used to store bits and bobs.
    I am not very good at craft but even I should manage this.

Heals Traditional Candy Tackle 24 Hole Box 1.5Kg
    £25.00

Calling all candy lovers! This fabulous candy case holds 24 different type of candy including: Fried Eggs, Black Jacks, Milk Choc Ladybirds, Flying Saucers and Aniseed Balls.

Last edited by MSE Martin; 16-10-2007 at 7:19 PM.
    Money SPENDING Expert

Page 34
  • victory
    Thanks anyone know how to get the last bit of sticky label off as it keeps coming off my hands but not the plastic anymore
    [QUOTE=misspiggy;51404641]I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory
  • victory
    Anyone?......................................... ..
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 11th Oct 11, 8:05 AM
    • 26,981 Posts
    • 78,788 Thanks
    jackieb
    I always use acetone free nail varnish remover. The stuff with acetone in it might be okay too but i;ve never tried it. I've used the acetone free stuff to take of stickers off of Nintendo DS, and stickers off plastic boxes, all with no marks left.
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 11th Oct 11, 11:05 AM
    • 505 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    Dark Star
    WD40 gets sticky gunk off....either use the squirty one from an aerosol can or the "pen" style & wipe off with kitchen roll/damp cloth/whatever is handy....always works for us
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
    • jillyjacks
    • By jillyjacks 11th Oct 11, 11:07 AM
    • 432 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    jillyjacks
    try baby wipes....I have used them in the past and they remove sticky stuff quite easily
  • victory
    Thank you all for your replies I used in the end before I saw the replies warm water and roll it off with finger nail wipe with tea towel and repeat oh at least 20 times it is off now but was not a pleasant job and very time consuming
    • bluenose1
    • By bluenose1 16th Oct 11, 9:32 AM
    • 2,018 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    bluenose1
    Time to resurrect thread, some brill pictures on here for ideas.
    My 18,15, and 8 year old son ask for these each year.

My tip would be don't make them up until a day or two before as I think they go a bit stale. They only take a few minutes to make up.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• lupyloo
    • By lupyloo 5th Nov 11, 4:46 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    lupyloo
    For anyone looking for sweets for their hampers I have ordered from here before http://www.handycandy.co.uk/index.php
    they have a really good selection including american sweets which will be perfect for BIL.

I have also posted a code for 3.00 off when you spend 15.00 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3593917&highlight=handy+candy

and delivery is only 2.99 hth
  • yabajaz
    my 99p shop had the plastic organiser boxes today. perfect for this and all you crafters x
    "A wise mum remembers her friends at all times, a foolish mum, only when she has need of them..."
    • dan12345678
    • By dan12345678 6th Dec 18, 6:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dan12345678
    Sweets
    You can get loose sweets from this lot

and the boxes I found at pound savers or was it bitz or it could have been wilkinsons

Anyway, one of them :confused:

They've got some great old goodies - I got some jazzies, lions midget gems, and strawberry foam.

I once ordered a load of stuff from a quaretr of and it took 2 weeks for them to deliver to me!!! And it was knackered when it arrived

Did anyone say you can buy them boxes at a fishing tackle shop - Because you can
    Originally posted by HenryMobilet
    You can buy boxes there now, they can do a deal if you need loads!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,908Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter