Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone?:D...........................................
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I always use acetone free nail varnish remover. The stuff with acetone in it might be okay too but i;ve never tried it. I've used the acetone free stuff to take of stickers off of Nintendo DS, and stickers off plastic boxes, all with no marks left.
  • Dark_Star
    Options
    WD40 gets sticky gunk off....either use the squirty one from an aerosol can or the "pen" style & wipe off with kitchen roll/damp cloth/whatever is handy....always works for us:D
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • jillyjacks
    Options
    try baby wipes....I have used them in the past and they remove sticky stuff quite easily
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies:D I used in the end before I saw the replies warm water and roll it off with finger nail wipe with tea towel and repeat oh at least 20 times:rotfl: it is off now but was not a pleasant job and very time consuming:rotfl::D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Time to resurrect thread, some brill pictures on here for ideas.
    My 18,15, and 8 year old son ask for these each year.

My tip would be don't make them up until a day or two before as I think they go a bit stale. They only take a few minutes to make up.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• lupyloo
    lupyloo Posts: 941 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For anyone looking for sweets for their hampers I have ordered from here before http://www.handycandy.co.uk/index.php
    they have a really good selection including american sweets which will be perfect for BIL.

I have also posted a code for £3.00 off when you spend £15.00 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3593917&highlight=handy+candy

and delivery is only £2.99 hth
    Clixsense since 31.01.16 $122.13 Neo bux since 31.01.16 400 RR $1018.00
    Swagbucks since 27.09.15 £310 amazon gc, $50.00 Steam gc £100.00 paypal 2,805 points to cash out
  • yabajaz
    yabajaz Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    my 99p shop had the plastic organiser boxes today. perfect for this and all you crafters x
    "A wise mum remembers her friends at all times, a foolish mum, only when she has need of them..."
  • dan12345678
    Options
    You can get loose sweets from this lot

and the boxes I found at pound savers or was it bitz or it could have been wilkinsons

Anyway, one of them :confused:

They've got some great old goodies - I got some jazzies, lions midget gems, and strawberry foam.

I once ordered a load of stuff from a quaretr of and it took 2 weeks for them to deliver to me!!! And it was knackered when it arrived :eek:

Did anyone say you can buy them boxes at a fishing tackle shop - Because you can
    You can buy boxes there now, they can do a deal if you need loads!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure